It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver License's for the Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is being discussed as a means to stop Internet fraud , Identity Theft.

Saying that the anonymity of the Net was never a given fact, in the beginning , people

knew each other , so identification was not a problem. This is being discussed, but is

not something that will happen any time soon.

I can see this in the near future. People will have to be more resposible for what they

do,say and write.

With most of the world on the WWW, would also be a way to raise money through

License Fee's. ideas.blogs.nytimes.com...

curiouscapitalist.blogs.time.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This won't prevent fraud, ever heard of a fake ID? lol.

But what it will do, is allow them to police what types of things people discuss and what types of websites people visit or create.

It will allow them to put a clamp down on small internet business ventures. And heavily regulate/tax them into non-existence.

I guess I will become an Internet Criminal. Because I refuse to accept licencing for simply typing crap on the internet or playing a video game.

It is a up in my face admission that topics like those on ATS are simply unacceptable for TPTB.

Well too late TPTB, your power is collapsing already. There is no way to save it now. Might as well give up. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What I am trying to say, is that it will not stop Crime. Criminals do not follow rules.

Only us law abiding citizens will be hurt by such regulations.

It's the same old song and dance, over and over again.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Driver License's for the Internet

It won't work unless there is to be WWW Troopers to enforce it.

At that point, I would be inclined to either go back to reading books and newspapers as a sole avenue to information or... maybe going underground.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
this is just a new tax not realy supriseing after the air tax..er i mean carbon tax. This will come into force and the criminals will work around it like always.its just more money out the working mans pocket.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This won't prevent fraud, ever heard of a fake ID? lol.

But what it will do, is allow them to police what types of things people discuss and what types of websites people visit or create.

It will allow them to put a clamp down on small internet business ventures. And heavily regulate/tax them into non-existence.

I guess I will become an Internet Criminal. Because I refuse to accept licencing for simply typing crap on the internet or playing a video game.

It is a up in my face admission that topics like those on ATS are simply unacceptable for TPTB.

Well too late TPTB, your power is collapsing already. There is no way to save it now. Might as well give up. IMHO.

That is exactly my sentiment, NO LICENSE!! I license is for conducting business. WE are NOT conducting business here. This is all BS.

It is just one more way they can suck us back in. People who have got themselves out of the system aren't stupid enough to fall for this crap.

Again, UCC-1. Do it today.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
this is just a new tax not realy supriseing after the air tax..er i mean carbon tax. This will come into force and the criminals will work around it like always.its just more money out the working mans pocket.

I don't want to misrepresent this thread.

Again, this is being discussed only at this time.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

I don't want to misrepresent this thread.

Again, this is being discussed only at this time.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Sean48]

not sure what you mean

i was saying it will go through and has little todo with stoping crime it a money and control issue. oh and likening it to the carbon tax

edit to add after oh and.....

[edit on 5/2/10 by Aceofclubs]

new topics

top topics

join