It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge My View on Reality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
I, also, cannot challenge your view of reality because it is what I do believe. However, to play Devil's Advocate, let me throw a few ideas your way.

Thought, words, and action were defined by God and His Son Jesus Christ. Without the Lord, we would not contain emotions or even exist.

We are each unique snowflakes. God created us individually to explore the world in which He created. Adam & Eve were two of His first experiments. Dinosaurs were put here by Satan to fool is into not believing the Lord's Word.

There is good an evil. God is good, and Satan is evil. God created Satan to counter true love.

The universe was created by the Lord. It is here for us to explore and conquer. There are no such things as aliens, but there are lifeforms that we are meant to destroy with nuclear weapons, and George Bush's grandson as our President.

God did not intend us to treat others as equals. Christians are supreme in every right, because Jesus Christ was the Son of God. Anyone who doesn't believe this will burn in a fiery abyss for the rest of eternity.

Karma is a foolish concept invented by Satanic religions. There is no karma. As long as we serve God and His Son, Jesus Christ, we may ascend into clouds that are just beyond our atmosphere.

While music is an art-form that is definitely powerful, as long as the music supports the true Word of God and his Son, Jesus Christ, it can change us to be all powerful and all knowing.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by DocEmrick]

[edit on 5-2-2010 by DocEmrick]

Excuse me if i may... but could u keep your narrow minded only following the bible reading views to yourself =]
they really didnt shed any light, but instead rain on it =]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

God did not intend us to treat others as equals. Christians are supreme in every right, because Jesus Christ was the Son of God. Anyone who doesn't believe this will burn in a fiery abyss for the rest of eternity.

Correct me if I am wrong, did not Jesus say to treat everyone like yourself regardless of religion?

-----------

CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG...
wasn't Jesus JEWISH?? lol..
i find it funny that people, mainly christians/catholics, say that we MUST FOLLOW THAT RELIGION, because that was what jesus christ was....
first off his name wasn't even jesus christ... lol and more importantly "JESUS" was jewish...and at that probably influenced by OTHER religions/views... so no...
jesus would probably not recognized CHRISTIANITY, instead would prrrrobably be on board with the jews...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

I would like to say i have read the entire post, but i cant. i was up all night last night reading other peoples perspective on matters, and it exhausted my train of thought.

In a more direct response to each of your points in order are thus;

written and verbal are essentially the same , but some are despondant to the forms, ie its easier to write something than to say it to another person though the intention may be misconstrued as though it recieves a different reception..written form more accepted due to societal changes.

i do believe that we are one, a religious man would say that it is god that connects us but i am not theorising in that medium, but are we all on the same wavelength? food for thought, i'll expand more on that later if any interest is shown.

life an illusion, also a concurance but to a lesser extent again. we are most certainly real, because we believe we are, and we are capable of emoions, thoughts etc, and what defines us is that we developed a society based on our own beliefs, hell we INVENTED economics. unless you want to take the red pill (or is it the blue pill?) and fall down the rabbit hole i would hope to dissuade you to dwell on this, for there is no answer.

we should treat others as ourselves would like to be, thats been drummed into me since kindergarten but it hasnt stopped me from being a complete a-hole to many people in my life, but this is a matter of perspective on karma, being one and our (society) inclination to avoid hard work(generalistion)

karma is out there, it works in a butterfly effect, so it will take sometime but it will come back upon us, almost always through an unepected channel.

lastly, music appeals to the sensory perceptors, so it will change what mood you are in, and how you feel depending on what is on..

personally i feel you are well rounded, and just need to chill and enjoy what life can give you, but if you do want to explore it more please keep as an observer, not a partaker.
peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
OK, here's my "devil's advocate" take on things. Warning: the following may or may not represent my "true" view on things. It is intended primarily to challenge the OP as per his or her request.

Originally posted by Davidius
We are all connected, one.

If this is true, why do you use the word "we" ? There must be some seperation of some sort or else the question would not even come up. If we are all one, tell me what color socks I'm wearing.

There is no such thing as good and bad. Everything is relative. Anything can be both good and bad.

Imagine a spectrum with black at one end and white at the other, and a slow fade of zillions of shades of grey in between. It is true that you cannot pick any firm dividing point where dark switches definitively into light and visa-versa. But at the same time, can you say the two ends of the spectrum are identical? There is clearly a difference, or there would be only one single monochrome tone across the entire spectrum.

The life we are currently experiencing is simply an illusion created by us.

The word "illusion" only has meaning in reference to some kind of reality. If there were no reality, there could be no illusion. There cannot be a "heads" side to a coin without a "tails." So if this life is an illusion, what is the reality? Define it. Describe to me how it is ontologically different on a fundamental level than the supposed "illusion" we are living in. How is it accessed? How does it give rise to the "illusion?" What, really, do you mean when you say something is an illusion?

Because we are all one, we must treat others as we would ourselves.

Cool, man. So, um, you mind if I crash at your pad for, like, 6 or 7 years and eat all your food and stuff every day? You can work while I hang out at your place. You hit the sofa. I'll take the bed. I mean, since we are all one n' stuff it shouldn't make any difference to you, right?

Karma takes a primary role in our life...[etc].

So does this mean the people who died in the Haiti earthquake are suffering for their sins and bad karma? Did they deserve it? Conversely, all billionaires must be really good people to deserve what they have, right? How about the baby that strangles to death on his own umbillical cord 15 seconds after birth? What was his karmic sin?

I guess if this is true, I shouldn't help out anyone in need, because, after all, its just their Karma and they have to work through it, right? If I see a person dying in a gutter of multiple stab wounds, I guess I shouldn't be troubled because after all they must have done something to deserve it and its only karma being played out, right?

[edit on 2/9/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

For the sake of developing spiritual wisdom, I ask you to read my views on reality and the universe. If you find something that does "ring" within you, please reply with your reason why and your alternative. (I think the sky is blue but you think its dark blue for example)

Ok. Doing that here...

Thought, words, and actions create reality. The saying of "I love you" radiates the same effect if you were to write it down on a piece of paper. Think of Masaru Emoto's work on water.

Those are spells, which need belief to work, which needs reality and science first in order for those to be able to believe they work. A little of "what came first" dilemma between just those. There also exist the conscience, however.

We are all connected, one.

One is finite. We are infinite.

There is no such thing as good and bad. Everything is relative. Anything can be both good and bad.

There is good, bad, true, flase, right, wrong... as long as they exist where they have been 'spell'ed out. Otherwise, it's all considered virtue without them.

The life we are currently experiencing is simply an illusion created by us.

There is no illusions. It is all real and true. It all exists. All is possible. Everything you possibly can imagine you have created an entire universe to yourself to imagine it. You done it where time is meaningless, yet you sense it here as if you weren't ever there. You fooled only yourself.

Because we are all one, we must treat others as we would ourselves.

Chaos is greater than order. It has to be, as that is where we keep most of our natural beauty and things we don't want to know even no matter how much we say we know it all or want to know it all. It only takes loyalty of a thin thread of order to balance the greatness of chaos. We treat others with the beauty that hides in the chaos. Those without any loyalty to order, however, treat themselves to be lost in chaos, and it's not our fault they choose to go insane beyond the free-ist of minds. ... those who held on to their last thread of existence.

Karma takes a primary role in our life. But like I said before, its not just what we do. what we read, write, and say can cause karmic effects.

What goes around comes around.

Listening to music changes you in accordance to what you listen to.

If you believe... in magic.

The above is not truth. I say what I say based on experience.

The above has been written on a computer by a computer.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by dzonatas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join