It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo showing Tony Blair and George Bush struck a secret deal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Memo 'shows Blair Iraq war deal with Bush'

Tony Blair denied striking a 'covert' deal with President Bush
The leader of Plaid Cymru's MPs claims he has a memo showing Tony Blair and George Bush struck a secret deal to invade Iraq a year before the war.
Elfyn Llwyd told the BBC's Straight Talk he had written to Iraq Inquiry chair Sir John Chilcot to say he would be prepared to hand the document over.
He says the memo, which is marked "Top Secret and Confidential" contradicts statements made by Ex-PM Mr Blair.
Mr Blair told the Iraq inquiry there had been no "covert" deal with Mr Bush.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So how is this to be handled? If it's true both should be charged with war crimes.

Your opinions..

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Hellas]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
usually after announcements like that, (if true) something big happens for distraction.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if the document will see the light of day.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rizla

That would be really big news. But I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Let's just hope he has had the good sense to spread a few copies around, just in case he has a 'David Kelly' incident !!

Without doubt he'll be marked now!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Drop him somewhere between Iraq naked, the people will deal with him on their own. Same goes for the poodle's boss.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
In a way this is 'extra' fascinating to me because it deals with a technical 'multi-national' conspiracy.

One might think this would be yet another attempt to justify the empowering of a single world-governing body...

In the US, we see little review in this matter; perhaps they are waiting to respond reflexively to whatever the British establishment resolves....

Of course, conspiratorially-speaking, they are already all led by the same overarching transnational covert entity. So this might all be shadow puppetry for media consumption.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The only hope for any charges to be brought about is if in the momentum of the Blair Iraq war queries he just had, catches some pissed off blueblood just right

the US will not gather up enough people willing to take Bush on...unless the UK charges him first

not too much chance of that methinks

edit for the hell of it

[edit on 5-2-2010 by daddymax]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
usually after announcements like that, (if true) something big happens for distraction.

And guess what the papers are talking about... some footballer shagging his mates ex bird ... like anyone cares.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If this is true then Blair should be put on trial.

I just hope this MP doesn't end up having some kind of mysterious accident.

He should give the inquiry the document then they should recall Blair and demand an explanation.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Frankly, the whole Iraq problem lays at the feet of George H.W. Bush. He should have insisted that Saddam be removed from power. Once Bush Sr. let the idiot stay, we then had an undeclared war with Iraq with the "no-fly zones" and all the other BS that went with it.

I don't blame Blair, Clinton, or Bush Jr. It was Bush Sr.'s call and he blew it.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think this was all covered in a book written 4 years ago called "The Downing St. Memos"

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Makes sense to send it to the National newspapers and media outlets, even though they are fake. How about sending it to Congressmen, women, Barack Obama, whoever runs Britain (stupid American, I think its parliment) etc?

The same goes for Youtube, Restore the Republic, Countdown, Prisonplanet, chian emails back and forth, democratic groups who could possibly make a stink about it (pit them agaisnt each other, lil more divide and conquer maybe?), anti-war campaigners, secessionist movements (to fuel their drive) and anyone else who WILL amke a stink about it. If it catches enough wind, THEN we should decide or appoint a committee to do so.

DO you think we could get a force of Texans, or a Texas Majority vote, to arrest and detain Bush? If they had a vote and it was 50+% they could and should detain him.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

The deluded populace of the U.S. probably couldn't muster the will to arrest Bush if Jesus himself came down and told them Bush was lying, murdering, war mongering filthbag. Most people don't care as long as they aren't affected by the goings on in the world.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by antonia]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well I hope this pulls through and the war criminals are finally brought to justice.

I have a feeling though, as was mentioned in this thread already, that if things get a little to hectic in this regard, something will come along to distract; i.e. war or false flag attack.

I think, though, this has a chance of hitting MSM hard because of all the controversy that is already surrounding the Iraq war; false-intel, blunt lies, and such have already been made public- perhaps this secret memo could finally be the weight that tips the scales.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I hope the Brits aren't holding out hope for help from the American side on rooting out any Iraq war conspiracies or any false flag incidents to incite war, we're so blinded by the right-wing media that Bush and his administration could have burned Jesus at the stake and somehow it would get blamed on some lefty liberal. All we have over here are nutjobs creating these incidents and the sheep who follow them.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
C'mon, seriously! You really think savvy politicians would actually put a an agreement like that in writing. This is never going to get any legs - as much as I'd like to see both hung !

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Is anyone really surprised by this? Tony Blair was just Bush's puppet this whole time. I don't know why this is news to anyone.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I wish my country, the USA, would stop playing "World Police". We would do a lot better to try to improve conditions here and let other countries do the same.

We have more than enough defensive weapons to protect our borders. We don't need to have bases in Britain or Germany, etc. anymore. Those countries are quite capable of defending themselves.

I think Thomas Jefferson said, "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none".

Think of the money we'd save for disease research if we could just mind our own business. Or, as my mother says, "Tend to your own little red wagon".

Nothing but violence and oil come out of the middle east. Hopefully, once we don't need to buy oil from them we can just let them destroy each other. And we could use our spy satellites to broadcast the destruction live on cable TV. Now that's a reality show that I'd watch.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Blair had a reason...he had no reason to be seen as a lapdog, unless there was a massive payoff for him personally. how has he benefitted personally from the war? Has he gained in any way? Blair probably got a sit down with the NWO majors...like daddy Bush, and his cronies, and told why he should make sure british blood was available to be spilled so bush Jr. could stage his war on terror and play the PNAC cards.

Blair is like Clinton and others who are under the level of the real power...the people with vast trillions control this planet, and Bush and blair take orders so they can sweep up the millions in crunms thrown to them by the big boys.

Bush HAD to invade Iran as a part of the NEOCON plans....after all, the neocons, with Israel and Pakistan and intel from the PNAC guys in power positions in the military....guys whose money flows only when weapons and massive monies are available to them for the tools of war....they will not allow peace...it makes no money!!

Blair was promised some major goodies in the future...president of the EU...millions in insider deals...power beyond even his avarice..and all he had to do was sign on to the plan and sit back. When the London bombings took place, a total intel inside job, with ' coincidental ' GAMES being layed out the same as on 9-11, it was all part of the same agenda.

these guys have loyalty ONLY to money and power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join