It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Room For Great Pyramid Ramp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
So after finishing the lower one-third of the GP with traditional "straight ramps", the rest as you said they used small one-level ramps as one can see in the image, but then comes another in my opinion really big problem.

Because the blocks used for the King's Chamber and relieving chambers are placed higher than the lower one-third of the GP and weighing as much as 60-80 tons each, so how do you think they dragged them uphill on those small one-level ramps and how were they able to maneuvering those big ones around the corner and after that, dragging them to their final position?

Hm, somehow I dont think the Egyptians built 1/3rd of the pyramid and then said "Oh shazbot, we built our ramps to small now we wont get the stones up there!".

Why you think they had to be small? No doubt the internal workings of the pyramids where a special case, not just layer by layer. Since you build a pyramid from the inside out, I dont see any problems with building the inner part of the pyramid from large straight ramps up the Kings Chamber by using the base of the pyramid itself (ie no external ramps) THEN making the sections around and above it with smaller external ramps.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

So after finishing the lower one-third of the GP with traditional "straight ramps", the rest as you said they used small one-level ramps as one can see in the image, but then comes another in my opinion really big problem.

Because the blocks used for the King's Chamber and relieving chambers are placed higher than the lower one-third of the GP and weighing as much as 60-80 tons each, so how do you think they dragged them uphill on those small one-level ramps and how were they able to maneuvering those big ones around the corner and after that, dragging them to their final position?

Hm, somehow I dont think the Egyptians built 1/3rd of the pyramid and then said "Oh shazbot, we built our ramps to small now we wont get the stones up there!".

Why you think they had to be small?

I did not say they had to be small; it was Harte who mentioned that possibility.[see below]

Originally posted by Harte
In fact, once the first layer was down, many succeeding layers could have been erected to 75% or so of being finished (each layer - not the whole structure) without any (external) ramp at all. Small, one-level ramps could account for a great deal of the layers as there would be enough room to constuct partial layers in varying positions on top of the preceding layer. IOW, small ramps on top of the construction to move stone up from the lower levels.

But they could not have been too small, because there would not have been enough space for all those at ropes pulling men then.

Look again how many men were needed in again PhotonEffect’s post when they attempt to dragging a 25 tons block horizontally.

Then you see at once the big problem there for the blocks used for the King's Chamber and relieving chambers weighing as much as 60-80 tons each and also all those outer casing stones weighing up to 15 tons.

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
Hey, here's some guys (at least 30 of 'em) trying to pull a 25 ton block of stone, hehe...

(I've included brief captions to each picture which are taken from the NOVA site- italicized portion)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1bcd6ab5b78.jpg[/atsimg]

Modern-day builders would employ a crane and a flatbed truck to move a heavy stone like this one. But an ancient Egyptian relief painting shows long lines of men pulling a monumental stone across land. The NOVA team, .... , rely heavily on the same energy the pharaoh's engineers employed: the collective power of human muscle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/808b4139e386.jpg[/atsimg]

To reduce drag and ease movement, a team member smears animal fat onto a wooden runner in the track along which workers will pull the 25-ton stone. Ancient Egyptians might have used slick wet clay to accomplish the same thing.
Now here's the fun part...hehe.. there are about 32 (give or take that can be seen in the picture) men pulling those ropes...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b673b113dbc.jpg[/atsimg]

At first the ropes stretch, and the stone refuses to move. Then stonemason Roger Hopkins climbs atop the stone and chants "God is great!" in Arabic to coordinate the timing of the pulls and to inspire the men. Exerting a tremendous effort, the men drag the stone a mere 20 feet.

Man that looks tough...So it took shouts of "God is great!" to get the 30 or so men to pull this stone only 20 feet. Of course we all know the Egyptians weren't Muslim back then. So what was their motivational force?

Also there are a couple of details missing which have not been provided by the NOVA team:

-They didn't mention how many men were actually used.

-They don't mention how long it actually took to move that stone.

-Although they mention they barely moved it 20 feet, they don't say if that was the total distance that was attempted...

Now multiply that one stone by a few million. 2, 5, 10, 25, 75 ,100 tons....whatever

www.pbs.org...

Originally posted by merka
Since you build a pyramid from the inside out, I dont see any problems with building the inner part of the pyramid from large straight ramps up the Kings Chamber by using the base of the pyramid itself (ie no external ramps) THEN making the sections around and above it with smaller external ramps.

Well, if you think that it could have been done that way it’s alright by me.

But I am convinced that they could not have done that all with the use of ramps for the reasons I said in my earlier posts.

[edit on 7/2/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

But I am convinced that they could not have done that all with the use of ramps for the reasons I said in my earlier posts.

They used ramps on other pyramids. The evidence is there that shows remains of ramps. The Giza pyramids were built by the same people so why didn't they use tried and tested methods? Subsequent pyramids also show ramp use.

Grab the nettle and accept that the Egyptians built their own monuments using methods they'd perfected over centuries. Stings?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Then you see at once the big problem there for the blocks used for the King's Chamber and relieving chambers weighing as much as 60-80 tons each and also all those outer casing stones weighing up to 15 tons.

No, I really dont.

Its all about technique - the Egyptians had it. We're talking about a millenia of experience.

The weight isnt really that shocking either. You know that giant peg that stands in St. Peters Square? It weigh over 300 tonnes. Its been in Rome for two thousand years. Now, how do you think the Romans got it there? Tractor beams and/or dimensional teleports?

If the Romans could move a 300 ton obelisk from Egypt to Rome, then you can be sure as hell the Egyptians could move an 80 ton stone onto a pyramid.

My personal belief is also that the Egyptians knew about counterweights. It would be silly not to exploit the height of the pyramid to their advantage: Load an 80 ton rock at one end, dump 80 tons of sand at the other end and watch the weight slide down the side of the pyramid as the 80 ton rock go up with far less effort. They could do this to lift the stones straight up the side of the pyramid.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

The evidence is there that shows remains of ramps.

Look what this Egyptologist said about that.

The Giza pyramids were built by the same people so why didn't they use tried and tested methods? Subsequent pyramids also show ramp use.

Grab the nettle and accept that the Egyptians built their own monuments using methods they'd perfected over centuries. Stings?

What do you mean with Stings?

Then see what John Anthony West said here.

The huge stones were hauled up ramps by gangs of laborers and just wafted into place with lapidary precision. No matter that engineers, quarrymen and masons, people accustomed to moving large blocks of stone around, insist it could not be done in this fashion, while toolmakers and machinists study the precision and cannot fathom how it could possibly have been achieved with hand tools.

www.grahamhancock.com...

Then see what Dr. Zahi Hawass said here.

Previous discussion on the ramp.

Scholars propose two theories: a straight ramp or a spiral ramp. Both present their own problems.

The first theory proposes a single large ramp sloping up against one face of the pyramid.
This proposal has the advantage that all four comers and the three sides of the pyramid remain clear during the construction allowing builders to monitor and check the rise of the sides and the diagonals. Careful surveying during construction was essential; otherwise, a twist might occur and the diagonal lines would not meet in a point at the top.
There are problems with this proposal. One is that to obtain a functionally low enough slope - one that rises one meter every six meters, the ramp would have to be extremely long extending over and beyond the quarry.

The other theory posits a ramp spiraling around the pyramid in some way. The most popular form of this idea has a ramp starting at each comer thereby creating four ramps spiraling upwards and resting on the unfinished outer casing blocks for support.
These blocks would be smoothed as the ramps were dismantled after the apex of the pyramid had been reached.
This theory leaves most of the pyramid's face clear, for measuring purposes, during construction and the necessary double-checking of lines and comers.

The first problem with this theory is that the unfinished faces of the pyramid could not support the ramps which these theorists believe were made of mud-brick or debris.

Also a spiraling ramp increases the distance over which the blocks had to be hauled and creates unnecessary strain for the team pulling each multi-ton block.

It also increases the difficulty of pulling the blocks with extended ropes around the sharp comers of the pyramid's diagonals.

Other theories are proposed by Lehner and Stadelmann.

I believe that the ramp rises from the quarry about thirty meters above the pyramid's base at its Southwest comer, and the discovery of the ramp South of the Great Pyramid proved that the last theory is the correct one.

guardians.net...

So if I understand it correctly, Dr. Zahi Hawass say here that he think that the second theory is the correct one because they found the remnants of a ramp South of the Great Pyramid.

But then I wonder why he completely ignores the major problems he mentioned himself regarding that theory.

1. The first problem with this theory is that the unfinished faces of the pyramid could not support the ramps which these theorists believe were made of mud-brick or debris.

2. Also a spiraling ramp increases the distance over which the blocks had to be hauled and creates unnecessary strain for the team pulling each multi-ton block.

3. It also increases the difficulty of pulling the blocks with extended ropes around the sharp comers of the pyramid's diagonals.

I am really interested what Dr. Zahi Hawass view is on The Internal Ramp Theory from Jean-Pierre Houdin?

But I can’t find so far any information about that.

But the problems a pointed out in Dr. Zahi Hawass favorite theory are also counting for this theory, and so far no one has as far as I know it given a solid acceptable solution for these major problems.

This was earlier posted here.

The Internal Ramp Theory.

A radical new idea has recently been presented by Jean-Pierre Houdin, a French architect who has devoted the last seven years of his life to making detailed computer models of the Great Pyramid. Using start-of-the-art 3-D software developed by Dassault Systemes, combined with an initial suggestion of Henri Houdin, his engineer father, the architect has concluded that a ramp was indeed used to raise the blocks to the top, and that the ramp still exists--inside the pyramid!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cb2fbfd84ab.jpg[/atsimg]

The theory suggests that for the bottom third of the pyramid, the blocks were hauled up a straight, external ramp. This ramp was far shorter than the one needed to reach the top, and was made of limestone blocks, slightly smaller than those used to build the bottom third of the pyramid.

As the bottom of the pyramid was being built via the external ramp, a second ramp was being built, inside the pyramid, on which the blocks for the top two-thirds of the pyramid would be hauled. The internal ramp, according to Houdin, begins at the bottom, is about 6 feet wide, and has a grade of approximately 7 percent. This ramp was put into use after the lower third of the pyramid was completed and the external ramp had served its purpose.

Huge granite and limestone blocks were needed for the roof beams and rafters of the Queen's and King's Chambers. Some of these beams weigh more than 60 tons and are far too large to have been brought up through the internal ramp.

Thus the external ramp had to remain in use until the large blocks were hauled up.

Once that was done, the external ramp was dismantled and its blocks were led up the pyramid via the internal ramp to build the top two-thirds of the pyramid. Perhaps most blocks in this portion of the pyramid are smaller than those at the bottom third because they had to move up the narrow internal ramp.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/233230836309.jpg[/atsimg]

Wooden hoists on notches left in the edge of the pyramid could have been used to turn blocks onto the next part of the internal ramp. (Dassault Systemes)

There were several considerations that went into designing the internal ramp. First, it had to be fashioned very precisely so that it didn't hit the chambers or the internal passageways that connect them.
Second, men hauling heavy blocks of stones up a narrow ramp can't easily turn a 90-degree corner; they need a place ahead of the block to stand and pull.
The internal ramp had to provide a means of turning its corners so, Houdin suggests, the ramp had openings there where a simple crane could be used to turn the blocks.

There are plenty of theories about how the Great Pyramid could have been built that lack evidence. Is the internal ramp theory any different? Is there any evidence to support it? Yes.

A bit of evidence appears to be one of the ramp's corner notches used for turning blocks. It is two-thirds of the way up the northeast corner--precisely at a point where Houdin predicted there would be one.

Furthermore, in 1986 a member of a French team that was surveying the pyramid reported seeing a desert fox enter it through a hole next to the notch, suggesting that there is an open area close to it, perhaps the ramp. It seems improbable that the fox climbed more than halfway up the pyramid. More likely there is some undetected crevice toward the bottom where the fox entered the ramp and then made its way up the ramp and exited near the notch. It would be interesting to attach a telemetric device to a fox and send him into the hole to monitor his movements! The notch is suggestive, but there is another bit of evidence supplied by the French mentioned earlier that is far more compelling.

www.archaeology.org...

So, which one would eventually be chosen and be considered as the right one without any doubt?

I will wait and see.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

First off, well done for posting a reasoned post that references credible considerations and shows you have made the effort to find out for yourself. It's refreshing to see. Most posts in this section do none of this...so

I am really interested what Dr. Zahi Hawass view is on The Internal Ramp Theory from Jean-Pierre Houdin?

Hawass dismisses Houdin's theory of that specific internal ramp. He explains that both he, Lehner and numerous others have been unable to find physical support for the theory. Personally, I find Houdin's idea interesting and have said as much on other threads. Nevertheless, Hawass doesn't operate in a vacuum...his boss is a dictator, but he doesn't have the power to prevent others from supporting the theory. Houdin's ideas remain unsupported by Egyptologists. He submitted a paper for peer-review in 2002...La construction de la pyramide de Khéops: Vers la fin des mystères?

HK: Do you have any comments about Bob Brier’s theory regarding an internal ramp being used in the construction of the Great Pyramid? (as per “Archaeology,” Volume 62 Number 4, July/August 2009)

ZH: It is not a theory. It’s a theory of a French guy, his name is Houdin, and the theory is completely wrong. We did investigate the theory and we, I wrote about it everywhere. The theory is the theory of other theorists. This Houdin wants to make his theory famous and that’s why he took Bob Brier to be with him as a co-author but really Bob Brier doesn’t know anything about pyramids. He’s a good guy, he knows about mummies, but pyramids are not his field.
Link

The one thing that underlies the discussion is that one word...'ramp.' The evidence that Egyptians used linear, spiral, internal and step ramps is still there. Maybe they used more than one style of ramp?

(I'm curious...how can you demonstrate critical thinking and a willingness to seek out facts when you have a Clifford Stone quote in your sig?)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

III. 2. The Discovery of the Ramp.
............ The ramp was constructed of limestone chips, gypsum, and a calcareous clay called Tafla. Due to the hardiness of the construction materials what remains of the ramp, after the Egyptians removed it to build the tombs of GIS, should still exist on the South side.

............ This part of the ramp consisted of two walls built of stone rubble and mixed with Tafla. The area in between was filled with sand and gypsum forming the bulk of the ramp.

1. The West Wall:
The length of this wall is 1.40 centimeters, built of a stone rubble and Tafla.

The length is 60 centimeters. Mud was used to consolidate the stones.

2. The Eastern Wall
It is located to the East of the West wall about 1.50 centimeters. The width is 1.45 centimeters and it is also built of stone rubble.

I'm confused by these measurements. Are the remnants of these so called "walls" really only centimeters in length and width? Can anyone clarify this?

[edit on 7-2-2010 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Hawass dismisses Houdin's theory of that specific internal ramp. He explains that both he, Lehner and numerous others have been unable to find physical support for the theory. Personally, I find Houdin's idea interesting and have said as much on other threads. Nevertheless, Hawass doesn't operate in a vacuum...his boss is a dictator, but he doesn't have the power to prevent others from supporting the theory. Houdin's ideas remain unsupported by Egyptologists. He submitted a paper for peer-review in 2002...

La construction de la pyramide de Khéops: Vers la fin des mystères?

HK: Do you have any comments about Bob Brier’s theory regarding an internal ramp being used in the construction of the Great Pyramid? (as per “Archaeology,” Volume 62 Number 4, July/August 2009)

ZH: It is not a theory. It’s a theory of a French guy, his name is Houdin, and the theory is completely wrong. We did investigate the theory and we, I wrote about it everywhere. The theory is the theory of other theorists. This Houdin wants to make his theory famous and that’s why he took Bob Brier to be with him as a co-author but really Bob Brier doesn’t know anything about pyramids. He’s a good guy, he knows about mummies, but pyramids are not his field.

Well that’s clear, thanks for the info.

That leaves us for the time being with the second theory of where Dr. Zahi Hawass spoke here.

guardians.net...

The one thing that underlies the discussion is that one word...'ramp.' The evidence that Egyptians used linear, spiral, internal and step ramps is still there. Maybe they used more than one style of ramp?

So assuming that the second theory of where Dr. Zahi Hawass spoke is the most logical one and noticed point 2 and 3 [see below] in there, what are your thoughts or explanation then especially about how they were able to get those blocks and especially the big ones around the sharp comers of the pyramid's diagonals?

2. Also a spiraling ramp increases the distance over which the blocks had to be hauled and creates unnecessary strain for the team pulling each multi-ton block.

3. It also increases the difficulty of pulling the blocks with extended ropes around the sharp comers of the pyramid's diagonals.

(I'm curious...how can you demonstrate critical thinking and a willingness to seek out facts when you have a Clifford Stone quote in your sig?)

Well, I must say that I find that a pretty knee-jerk question, but I will give you nevertheless an answer.

I find Clifford Stone a very brave and sincere man who does his upmost best with providing those who seek the truth regarding the UFO/ET presence here on Earth with the best possible information which he supports as best he can with original declassified government documents and by documents he obtained via the freedom of information act.

Then, what I know so far of that UFO/ET phenomenon and noticed that his information fits exactly with the information I have already about it, I am convinced that he speaks the truth.

That is why I have Clifford Stone's quote in my sig and because of what he said there is in my opinion a fact.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Hello SV, I didn't address your 3 points for reasons of confusion.

1. The first problem with this theory is that the unfinished faces of the pyramid could not support the ramps which these theorists believe were made of mud-brick or debris.

I didn't understand the first point. The second and third points seemed irrelevant. Both interior and external spiral ramp would have corners. Evidence of such ramps have been found, so the corners were less of a problem than we might think. In terms of increased distance and unnecessary strain...quite likely. In the context of these national building projects, the extra work was accomplished.

The Egyptians clearly had systems and processes for carving, dressing and moving huge quantities of stone. Over the hundreds of years, these techniques would evolve in efficiency at the same time Egyptian power and access to larger/better labour resources increased.

Oh, my question about Stone wasn't intended to be insulting. I've read damn near everything he's said or written online. It was just curiosity that you can follow and construct a coherent argument whilst honoring Stone in the sig. Take it easy

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Oh, my question about Stone wasn't intended to be insulting. I've read damn near everything he's said or written online. It was just curiosity that you can follow and construct a coherent argument whilst honoring Stone in the sig. Take it easy

Sorry Kandinsky, it’s obvious then that I misunderstood the nature of your question, so I apologize for that, but even after rereading that question and your last comment I still find both in a way strangely formulated.

You said that you read near everything he's said or written online, so may I ask you then what your opinion and thoughts are of Clifford Stone?

[edit on 8/2/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You said that you read near everything he's said or written online, so may I ask you then what your opinion and thoughts are of Clifford Stone?

The first time I saw him was part of the Disclosure Project 's National Press Club event. Of the guests in that broadcast, he was one that I felt disturbed the credibility. It was just intuition and experience from working with MOD police, Navy and Marines. His account didn't ring true. His bearing and lack of presence didn't equate with the character of guys used to authority or physical hardship. I was initially carried away with the excitement and let it pass.

Subsequent to that, his accounts of ET encounters have indicated a lack of consistency. Some details have conflicted with others. The one that really undermined his credibility was a US soldier that defied an attack by greys due to his belief in God and the Bible in his pocket. I think it was in Vietnam and ET were massacring the population? I can probably link it later if necessary...

Basically, I don't think he's a disinfo agent. I don't think he saw or did anything he says he did. I think he's a normal person that let his imagination get out of hand...it happens.

On topic, here's a couple of favourite images. They show the 'Unfinished Obelisk'...a beast that would have weighed 1200 tons if it hadn't cracked under its own weight...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/152e0290ccb8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40643833e853.jpg[/atsimg]

This behemoth illustrates how ambitious the Egyptians were. They wouldn't have begun to carve an obelisk of such vast dimensions unless someone in charge thought it was possible to transport.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks for your opinion about Clifford Stone, it explains and confirms afterwards to me that I did understand your question very well in the first place.

The one that really undermined his credibility was a US soldier that defied an attack by greys due to his belief in God and the Bible in his pocket. I think it was in Vietnam and ET were massacring the population? I can probably link it later if necessary.

I am very curious to that story so I hope you post that link to it.

Regarding the 'Unfinished Obelisk', a beast that would have weighed 1200 tons if it hadn't cracked under its own weight, I still find it difficult to believe that if it did not broke then how they were capable of maneuvering such a giant out of that quarry and transport it to its final location with the tools the Egyptologists say they had to their disposal back then.

But hé, that’s me.

There are many others of these really amazing stone mysteries all over the world, but regarding the top ten of really big blocks/stones I could not resist these ones from Baalbeck in Lebanon.

Of course they are of topic but aren’t they marvelous?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3158166a07e2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de472d2a2a8f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09697e454d52.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/358bc6b0e474.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

"UU: Can you give more detail... regarding the greys, the subtleties ahead, and how to avoid any mishap?

"CS: You mean how to identify if your working with a good guy or bad guy? For one thing there are the religious (activities) the bad guys are not happy with. For example, there was an instance where they tried to pick up a farmer...he started to pray and they couldn’t take him aboard the craft... He kept praying and finally they gave up trying to abduct him. There was also an incident in Vietnam where a UFO set down in a field. It terrorized some of the villagers, and there was a soldier who was out visiting his girlfriend, who would later become his wife. Anyhow, he got tied up there and the UFO was trying to convince some of the people they should go. It wanted to take some of the people. The soldier stood his ground and wouldn’t let the entities do it. The M16 that the soldier had was impervious to the aliens, but the cross that he always wore, and he always carried a Bible, they had regard for that. Finally, they gave up and decided not to try to take any of the people...
Exclusive Interview with Sergeant Clifford Stone, on assignment at Roswell, New Mexico

ON TOPIC, humanity's determination to carve earth and stone into monuments exists today. That our ambition frequently exceeds our ability exists today. Balbeck and obelisks are echoes of human imagination on the fine line between possibility and improbability

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

I would like to know that myself also. The coral castle being built by the frail man and stacked mind you by some force that he only did at night. He even said he figured out how the egyptians did it, and if so what did he read or see in his research that gave him the clue. I bet anything that the PTB and our govt. knows about this, but they won't ever tell. Because for a variety of reason if it was shown that it's possible to manipulate large objects changing the magnetism of the object to the earth, then one it would show that the ancients knew alot more than what we have been told and two it's possible to move individuals without fossile fuels and possible transmit power without wires. He stumbled across this and didn't tell anybody.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Thanks for your opinion about Clifford Stone, it explains and confirms afterwards to me that I did understand your question very well in the first place.

The one that really undermined his credibility was a US soldier that defied an attack by greys due to his belief in God and the Bible in his pocket. I think it was in Vietnam and ET were massacring the population? I can probably link it later if necessary.

Regarding the 'Unfinished Obelisk', a beast that would have weighed 1200 tons if it hadn't cracked under its own weight, I still find it difficult to believe that if it did not broke then how they were capable of maneuvering such a giant out of that quarry and transport it to its final location with the tools the Egyptologists say they had to their disposal back then.

But hé, that’s me.

There are many others of these really amazing stone mysteries all over the world, but regarding the top ten of really big blocks/stones I could not resist these ones from Baalbeck in Lebanon.

Of course they are of topic but aren’t they marvelous?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3158166a07e2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de472d2a2a8f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09697e454d52.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/358bc6b0e474.jpg[/atsimg]

I found out about Baalbek on another discussion about the Pyramids in an OP last fall, and I was astounded by it. The one big block you show is the Pregnant Woman. That stone is supposed to be at least 1200 tons in weight, more than three 747's together. I truly think that we are survivors of an epoch that has drifted from reality to legend to myth. We only remember parts of our ancient past from stories and such that we have in religious texts and/or customs. I can't see individuals moving that Baalbek block of the Pregnant woman (cut pretty good isn't it) with just ropes and animal fat to grease whatever. It's so massive you have to ask yourself what was the reason for cutting a block that big and for what. And when you look at how it's in the ground makes me wonder more and more if this thing block was already out and some cataclysm which hit the planet tossed around the earlier civilizations works. That block looks like a very large kids building block lying in his sandbox after he's done playing with it.

I think that many of us have bits of the truth in our discussions in trying to figure out our past. All it takes is to find that crucial stone or metal or device that will show that MS history and anthropology is wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Does anyone believe in Telekinesis?

If these people worshipped gods that "came from the heavens" would they not also have the known or known someone who could use this mind power to move the heavy objects and place them in the appropriate location they wanted?

If you dont believe, maybe think of a pendulum and how it works. You hold a crystal or metal object on the end of a piece of string, ask a question and the object will move either clockwise, anti-clockise etc.
Now imagine this on a much larger scale, and maybe some way of amplifying this energy? Could this not be a way of building this magnificent Pyramid?

I just cant imagine all the hours and hours being put into making this collossus through manual labour. Could we even attempt to copy this structure with the technology we have with us now? Maybe but im still sure it will not be anywhere near as perfect as the great Pyramid was and still is.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andyoz
I just cant imagine all the hours and hours being put into making this collossus through manual labour. Could we even attempt to copy this structure with the technology we have with us now? Maybe but im still sure it will not be anywhere near as perfect as the great Pyramid was and still is.

Luxor Hotel.

A Pyramid isnt that complicated and there are modern constructions that FAR exceed it. Take a simple bridge for example. ONE of them have cables spanning the length of the entire Earth. Ships lift sections in excess of 10,000+ tonnes.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

Luxor Hotel.

A Pyramid isnt that complicated and there are modern constructions that FAR exceed it. Take a simple bridge for example. ONE of them have cables spanning the length of the entire Earth. Ships lift sections in excess of 10,000+ tonnes.

Also every church and cathedral until the late 19th Century. All planned and built using intelligence, experience and manual labour.

St. Peter's Basilica

Palace of Westminster, London

Great Wall of China

Some guys are so full of woo and wow it's scary

<< 1   >>

join