It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who likes a nice wine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i'm not talking about super expensive bottles but i'm not talking low end fortified wine like wild irish rose either...
lately i have been getting super into wines. i have not mixed them with food yet as i am still trying to discover my pallet.

i like reisling a lot and a sirah is nice. zinfandels are also nice.

so who else enjoys a nice glass, or bottle of wine

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yeah, big time!
I love Burgundy wines more than any other, and rarely stray out of this very comforting comfort zone. They are big fat wines, pinot noir for the reds and chardonnay for the whites.
Are you a 'new world man'or an 'old world man'?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i honestly don't know what i am as i have just started to explore my pallet.
what do you recomend?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well my area of expertise (or bluffing) is burgundy wines, definitely old world, due to my other half being a burgundy native and quite a passionate burgundy wine fan.
For white wine I'd highly recommend getting your hands on a decent Mersault, it is just sublime stuff.
You can't really go too far wrong with red wines from burgundy, it is pinot noir nirvana. Just make sure your wine is sufficiently aged for best flavour, at least 7-8 years old. Some of my faves are Chambolle-Musigny, Gevrey-Chambertin, Nuits-Saint-Georges and Clos De Vougeot.

Hope this provides some useful suggestions!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Try a bottle of chianti, it does tend to vary in price but the best I have ever tried came in a squat bottle with the traditional fiasco. Goes absolutely brilliant with cheese, red meats or indian foods.

You can pick up a 2006 chianti for around £5 and it ranges right up to £20 per bottle depending on the year.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not a major wine drinker however but I enjoy it.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Only boxed wine is real

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Hi there TF.

I have to admit, I enjoy a good Bordeaux once in a while.

I live in the middle of the vines here in France and a bottle of the decent stuff is only a couple of euros. Hic!

The vines surrounding my house are mainly used for the blending of Cognac and Pineau though.....yummy. I quite often get a bottle of the REAL good stuff from the local viniculteurs when they show off their talents. No labels , just fine pineau.

I like to cook with red wine, great for red meat and I usually save a glassfull after slurping a bottle to add to the pot.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow! good to see you buddy!

admittedly, i'm addicted to a nice sweet ice wine.
you can't drink but a small glass of it, and i enjoy it with dessert.
my fav is..
tawnytimes.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You like desert wines, I will have to introduce you to a few. I used to have sell wines

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by AccessDenied

You like desert wines, I will have to introduce you to a few. I used to have sell wines

ooooooo..
Intrigued.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have a fairly good collection of Bordeaux, both left and right bank. Burgundy and Rhone. A large amount of wines from Piedmont (Barolo and Barbaresco) and Tuscan. My new area of collection is Southern Italian.

I always drink my wine with food as I like to prepare cusine from the region of the wines origin.

top topics

join