It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you call yourselves 'People of God' ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
LC you're probably right that all christians say that, but God would keep the ones he knows are the true ones left

" catches wave " hugs it, snuggles with it, and waves back.

Hi LC.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by JesusisTruth]

[edit on 10-2-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
i have to disagree, my religion (self styled new age shamanism) doesnt favour any belief system or religion, people are equal no matter wot they believe, its wot people do that im concerned with, wot they believe doesnt matter to me. Many religions, spiritual paths and belief systems don't discriminate against other belief structures, you jus found one area of one religion which you didn't like. there are hundreds of religions, you don't know them all well enough to be able to say all religious people are the same.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Firstly: It's the "Children of God". And, Secondly... Didn't Jesus have a last meal with some 'worldly people'?... And Thirdly... "In the begining/at the start" of when (they) used too do some animal sacrifices, at that time... (those people) weren't in a religion, because those days there weren't no religions back then!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
I just don't get these people or their way of thinking.

neither do i!
i have an uncle who married into a JW family and i was so surprised when my new cousin filled me in on the rules...

while we were sneaking a smoke behind the local convenience store!
she told me, "if someone from church sees us, they'll excommunicate me."

she wasn't really all that concerned but still i was like WHAT??!

that was years ago, i was just out of high school
but it didn't seem right then and it doesn't seem right now

it is hypocrisy
most religious ideation does that, eventually.
but only the non-religious are usually able to spot it and recognize it.

and the thing is, the bible says Jesus cannot stand hypocrites!
i think it says he HATES them.

whoa

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
So, Most of you know that I was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness & that I am no longer (haven't been for a long time) part of this belief system. And what I will explain below is the perfect example of why I cannot stand religious people, or their reasoning as they act superior to every other person that is not of their faith.

. Aren't you supposed to help people like that, people who need you... if Jesus was real and you (as a christian) believe in him, should you not practice what you preach and do as Jesus did.

What makes you so superior, that you are too good to associate with 'worldly people'.
Seriously, it makes me sick! It sounds more like a cult than than anything else.

I just don't get these people or their way of thinking.

IMO, and also in the opinions of millions of other people, Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult, and not really Christian at all - so don't mistake all Christians for being like you've described!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Certain sectors of religion like the witnesses, muslims ect, are taken way out of context due to the way the meaning is interpreted in that religion or culture! This creates a cult like following and the group performs a physical domination over it's servants when the entire meaning of the religion was spiritual and ethical.

Every individual deserves respect from eachother which is why we should just consider everyperson a positive entity in spirit internally. We all have free will of our physical self. Some people need support but this should only come if asked!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Well you see, that's not Christian, at all. I've heard they don't believe in Jesus' divinity anyway, and they certainly do not believe in or have any understanding about who he was, is and what he taught, and teaches still.

I am so very very sorry to hear about this, how sad.

How hard hearted, how cruel, unloving, cold, and dead. How hard it will be on these people if they ever encounter the risen Lord, and hey the piper must be paid, and justice served.

I beg of you, not to lose faith in the Jesus Christ of love, who speaks through the Gospels to us, about real love, and real life, and about the larger family and brotherhood of man, of which we are all a part (except perhaps the JW's and others).

To exclude you in this way, or whoever, they exclude themselves form the love of God through Jesus Christ, but cannot be prayed for, that's the problem, since nothing will sway them from their indoctrination, and brainwashing, it's a disgrace and an outrage and an offence against the God of love, surely.

My heart goes out to you, that you may find you way and these others to, into a loving family of God, while leaving that family behind - God how HORRIBLE!

This is just a tragedy of the first order, and I cannot blame you for a moment for wanting to place the blame here at the feet of the "religious" (which means to rejoin).

So provided that you're telling the truth here, and are not an atheist with an axe to grind, making this story up as a hoax - then I just cannot begin to describe the extent of the sorrow and injustice of this. It leaves me as a Christian grieving very much.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join