It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air marshals say service roiled with cronyism, chaos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Air marshals say service roiled with cronyism, chaos

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Despite calls from President Obama to beef up the program designed to provide security aboard U.S. flights, the Federal Air Marshal Service is in disarray, a CNN investigation has found.
In more than a dozen interviews across the country, air marshals said the agency is rife with cronyism; age, gender and racial discrimination; and attempts by managers to make the agency appear more efficient than it is by padding numbers.
Air marshals describe an agency in chaos, where bored and frustrated marshals focus more on internal squabbles than watching for bad guys.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/5/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Does this surprise anyone? I mean on overbloated agency, with no real effect, chaotic?

Sounds just about right, this along with the whole DHS in my opinion is a huge waste of taxpayer money. It was the passengers that stopped the Christmas day bomber, not some Air Marshall.

So why are we paying for this agency to begin with again? Are they making flying safer? Or are they just a waste of our taxpayer dollars?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/5/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
So it's just like any other law enforcement or government agency? Shocked. No, really. Blown away. Who'd a thunk.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
let's forget corruption for a sec
this is DANGEROUS!!!

cronyism is ten times worse than affirmative action

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
How about this, why not pass legislation that requires the Airlines to provide the security? We all know gov is worthless except for the ability to waste money. That actually is their greatest asset. Now if we can only figure out a way so THAT would help us.

I got it, let's send all our politicians over to help someone like Iran. That should wipe out ANY chance of Iran bothering anyone.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

How about this, why not pass legislation that requires the Airlines to provide the security?

Who would they pass on that cost to?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is nothing new at all. My father was laid off back in 2000,a fter 32 years of working for a corporation OIL corporation. HE was in data processing, but they wanted too conserve, and basically laid off poeple like him, overpayed salary workers with computers, and only hired fresh out of collegees willing to work for mess salary and benefits. HE was 52. Trying to get a job was NOT easy at all. He went to 7 ddiffernt comptuer places, all told him he was 'over qualified' having the meaning of yuor too old* one computr guy was upfrint with him...look why should i hire you when i can get someone willing to do it for less. Its amazing how the new generaions are suckered into beliving what thier getting is good, when it could be more.
I work in retail, management. pharmacutical store. they notorisouy hire illegal aliens, make them full time so they can get insurance and benefits. Me, being the american have eaten so muich crap over the years, and last to know anything.. i sympathize with the marshals* Lots of times at owrk, i hear latinos saying racial stuff about black people....ticks me off.
This has all ben around for a while now, but not at this level,a nd states NEED to crack down on businesses engaged in screwing over the american public.

top topics

join