It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monad, Duad, Triad and the Nature of the Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
To most people, the word "occult" brings up images of evil, satanic cults, and possibly geeks who read too much fantasy. This writing will explain that not only is the occult not about evil/satan worship, but also why the elites "believe" in this stuff.

The "occult" or esotericism, merely means "hidden." It is not so much a religion as it is a philosophy. According to esoteric traditions, their philosophy encompasses all religions, and all religions are derived from externalized aspects of their teachings.

The purpose of this writing is to expound upon the universal esoteric principles embodied in the numbers 1, 2 and 3. These principles will explain the nature of the universe. The most interesting part will be the principles embodied in the number Three, as it is the most esoteric as well as relevant.
--

Part 1: The Monad and the Law of Unity

A long time ago, a man by the name of Pythagoras of Samos traveled throughout the land to acquire knowledge of the Mysteries. When he returned from his travels, he started his own school and fraternal society, called the Pythagoreans. The basis of their philosophy is that numbers ruled the nature of all things. This philosophy is now sort of taken for granted, but during his day it was more than revolutionary. Note that this stuff about numbers did not start with Pythagoras, he merely learned it from the Mystery Schools and then expounded upon it.

There are much deeper meanings to numbers than most people can imagine. The general populace have always been more interested in securing the means to live than to ponder about the deeper meaning of numbers. However, the occult schools and established elite [who did not need to worry about a means for survival] kept the tradition and knowledge alive, for it is of more value than gold.

The most revered number was the Monad, or the number One. It is representative of the Causeless Cause. It is the First and basis of all other numbers; without the Monad, no other numbers can exist.

The Monad also represented the Void; the Oneness that encompasses All. It is representative of the Law of Unity. I will explain 1-2-3 in terms of creation and the nature of the Universe. All of these Laws are universal and apply to both the physical and nonphysical realms.

Manly P Hall writes the following regarding the Monad, and describes the Law of Unity perfectly:

The monad signifies (a) the all-including ONE [the Void]. The Pythagoreans called the monad the "noble number, Sire of Gods and men." The monad also signifies (b) the sum of any combination of numbers considered as a whole. Thus, the universe is considered as a monad, but the individual parts of the universe (such as the planets and elements) are monads in relation to the parts of which they themselves are composed, though they, in turn, are parts of the greater monad formed of their sum.

[...]

From the study of the mysterious Pythagorean monad, Leibnitz evolved his magnificent theory of the world atoms--a theory in perfect accord with the ancient teachings of the Mysteries, for Leibnitz himself was an initiate of a secret school.

In short, what Manly P Hall is trying to convey is that the One is the macrocosm and the microcosm. It is the whole, as well as the parts. Changes in the parts affect the whole, and changes in the whole affects its parts. As above, so below. It is also the Alpha and the Omega, for all things begin with the Void and will end with the Void, but the Void exists without beginning nor end. Such is a law of the nature of the universe.

As the Causeless Cause, it is also a metaphor for the first step of creation - the First Cause.
--

Part 2: The Duad and the Law of Duality

The Two is known as the Duad, and is representative of the Law of Duality. It is said that in the second step of Creation, the One splits into the Two. Allow me to explain.

The Law of Duality is what allows all things to exist as we know it today. Most people have an intuitive understanding that Duality rules, to some extent, the nature of the universe. All things are polar in nature in both the physical and non-physical realms. For example, on the physical level, there is matter and anti-matter. Although it is not necessarily proven/known yet, I am willing to bet that matter cannot exist without anti-matter. On the non-physical level, we can take into consideration the concepts of "long" and "short." Without the concept of long, the concept short cannot exist. Without the concept of "chair", the concept of "not-chair" cannot exist, as one cannot know what a chair is, without knowing what a chair isn't. This is true for all things. This is why physicists postulate the existence of White Holes.

I won't waste too much time explaining the nature of Duality. Just know that all things in the universe exist because of the polarities and exists within the polarities. Such is a law of the universe. Hopefully you are following me thus far, because the next part requires an understanding of the previous laws described.
--

[continued to next post]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Part 3: The Triad and the Law of Triunity

In relation to the Creation metaphor: First there is the One, which then splits into Two. Now they become Three.

The Three is representative of the Law of Triunity.

Now the Law of Triunity is the truly hidden aspect. Most already know and understand the Law of Duality because it is quite blatant before our eyes and we perceive it in action all the time. The Law of Triunity is of extreme importance and is kind of hard to explain. Let us break it down:

The Law of Duality is externalized and most of the general populace has some sort of grasp upon it but the Law of Triunity is kept hidden. The Law of Triunity is actually sort of a extension of the Law of Duality. The Three forms when One splits into Two.

The best way to explain this is to take the example of the symbol of the Yin-Yang. In a Yin-Yang, there is of course the opposing forces of Duality, the Yin and the Yang. However, the third aspect of this symbol is the whole of the symbol itself. Thus, we have "Tri-Unity."

Recall the example of "long" and "short." It's third aspect is that of "length," which encompasses all long and short. Also recall the Law of Unity. It's beautiful how it all fits together isn't it?

Here is a depiction of this that I made in MSPaint:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65e3ace255d3.jpg[/atsimg]

This is why all the major gods of major religions appear in Trinities. There's Vishnu-Brahma-Shiva of the Hindu/Vedic religions, Zeus-Poseidon-Hades of the Greeks [as well as their Roman counterparts], Odin-Thor-Frey of the Nords, etc.. The most obvious example is that of Christianity - there is God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. They are Three, and yet One at the same time. Such is the nature of the Absolute.

Three is the Foundation of the universe, as Three is the first polygon, the Triangle. The Law of Triunity is true for all things. All of existence are Single, Dual, and Triune in nature, all at the same time.
--

Part 4: The Nature of the Universe. Easy as 1-2-3

Recall from the Law of Duality the example that without long there is no short. This is how things are able to exist in the world. This is probably the hardest and most abstract to explain, so please bear with me. Imagine the universe as an equation, with the Monad being the equal sign, and the Dualities at each end of the sign. Here is a visual representation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86c3de986e58.jpg[/atsimg]

Duality = Duality

If you move one duality to the other side, they will cancel out and make 0=0. Existence is nothing but a manipulation of the Void/Monad. This is why matter and energy is conserved, and it also explains how new matter and energy comes into existence. The universe can add as much to itself, as long as it remains balanced.

For example, if say five units of matter comes into existence, the equation would read

5matter + 5antimatter = 0

you move the 5antimatter to the other side.. and viola,

5matter = 5matter

Note that it is still just a manipulation of 0 = 0.

Do you follow?

Here's another example. Say someone came up with the concept of "Parg." At the very moment the concept of "Parg" comes into existence, the concept of "not-Parg" must also come into existence. The reasons are twofold:

1) One cannot know what a Parg is, without knowing what a Parg isn't.

2) Parg = 0 is not true.

The equation would therefore have to be:

Parg + notParg = 0

The previous equation is true because notParg is the same as negative Parg. Do you see? This is probably very confusing and it is hard to explain..

Now we move the notParg to the other side of the equation, and thus we have

Parg = Parg

Basically what I am trying to convey is that the whole of existence is a manipulation of the equation 0 = 0.

Now imagine an equation that contains ALL things in existence. Such is the Universe.

Ever hear of some mystic guy telling you that all of existence [AKA the Nature of the Absolute] is Everything AND Nothing? Apply the Law of Triunity to what I had just explained, and you now understand what they meant.
--

Keep these things in mind, and you will find Unity, Duality, and Triunity in all things all around you. The reason that the elite are steeped in the occult is because there is much to be learned from the occult.

Whew. Please let me know of any parts that are confusing/muddled, and I will try to fix it before the edit time limit is passed. Feel free to ask any questions, comment or debate!

[edit on 5-2-2010 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There's a lot of "pop" Pythagorean philosophy but it's all wrong -- even the scientists got Pythagoreans wrong. peterkingsley.com... wrote his 1996 Ph.D. called "Ancient Mystery, Magic and Philosophy" -- you can read his articles -- he's an expert on Pythagorean philosophy.

The secret is nonwestern music because Western tuning uses "divide and average" math.

So the Perfect fifth is 2:3 as C to G and G to C is 3:4 as the Perfect 4th -- that's the Tetrad but it goes against Western math and music since C x G does not equal G x C. In Western "divide and average" math you have the commutative property so that A x B = B x A.

China called the Pythagorean Tetrad the "infinite spiral of fifths" -- if you want to practice this get a book called "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" translated by Charles Luk.

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... is my blog giving a list of my Pythagorean research and online articles, interviews, etc. I have a masters degree in music and philosophy.

reply to post by italkyoulisten

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Understandable, but I don't believe you've read much of what I wrote..

Most of my information comes from early 20th, late 19th century Masonic and occult writers. The writing is only to deal with some aspects of symbolism contained within the 1, 2, and 3; Laws of Unity, Duality, and Triunity.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Thankyou, I found this interesting.

Ain sof = 1,2,3...n

top topics

join