It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Chinese official sees 'dark clouds'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Who makes up the Aus. military, again?
*Would that be Aus. citizens?

And, where are many of them right now?
*Would that be in Afghanistan (and other parts of the M.E.?)

And, why aren't you focused on your own country's involvement?
*Perhaps because it's easier on the conscience to blame another?

Those who live in glass houses... yadda yadda.
Give it a rest.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Sure, just as I said, the US military are made up of Americans, patriots and honorable men.
And I know that to be true.

Just like the police force.

We all know that no American police officer would ever lie about another American, or ever arrest a fellow American.

No police officer would ever beat or shoot a fellow American, it is just unthinkable,.

Cops are patriots and true Americans, just like the military..

So next time you open fire on a cop, you can be absolutely assured he will NEVER fire back unless he knows for sure you are a foreigner.

Likewise the US military will allow themselves to be shot at, fire bombed, blown up and killed by pissed off US civilians. They will just ignore it.

Somehow there is this illogical blind faith that the US military will never fire upon another American, even though their buddies around them are dying from sniper fire in the suburbs.

Such blind stupidity is just beyond belief.

Indeed, such blind stupidity IS beyond belief! When it's coupled with illogic, fantasy, and delusion of the proportions illustrated in the post I quoted above, I believe the only terms even approaching descriptive power begin at 'monumental' or 'epic'.

Where did you get the quaint notion that the US military will go to war with America? Oh, right, that tinfoil jumpsuit.

Wouldn't it be pretty counterproductive for the US military to go to war with America? Or is that the way you folks in Australia do business, so that's what you expect?

Life sure must get pretty exciting around your house!

[edit on 2010/2/14 by nenothtu]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Sure, but you must remember the Aussie military has fought in no wars of US conquest since Vietnam.

We are a very peaceful nation, we are not planning for martial law, building FEMA prison camps OR PLANNING A REVOLUTION.
The US is........

WE are happy, and our government is serving us reasonably well. We do not have the massive theft and corruption here that America is having.

Just an example.............

The mortgage collapse in the US caused the government to give trillions of tax payer dollars, which immediately disappeared down a black hole of corruption.

The problems here are far less, but the Aussie government told the banks NO BAILOUTS.
If you go broke too bad.
The government will back the people 100% and every bank deposit is government guaranteed TOTALLY against any bank failures..
This was very solidly supported by both political parties. here.

Can you see the difference ?
The US government backs the banks and the wealthy elite. Screw the US pubic.
The Aussie government is standing behind the people, and the bankers can go to hell.

America is ripe for revolution, we have no problems here with either side of our government .

So we will just watch you guys have your revolution, and it will effect us here about as much as the problems in Zimbabwe.

[edit on 14/2/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Wouldn't it be pretty counterproductive for the US military to go to war with America? Or is that the way you folks in Australia do business, so that's what you expect?

Do you actually understand what martial law is ?

It is when a government declares their own country a WAR ZONE, and allows the military the full control it would have in an occupied foreign country in time of war.

In other words the US military will have full control and all civil law and legal recourse will cease. Fail to obey a military command and you can be shot dead..

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

The tone of these posts seem rather vicious. Why the contempt for the people in the US? One has to wonder where the root of all that angst is really coming from... it's not unlike the emotional outburst of a jilted lover... You're posts are not unfocused necessarily, but are broad and sweeping. A bit raving at times, and single minded in it's tone. I hope, for your sake, this is not all-consuming.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
So you think that all the Presidential directives that have eroded freedoms in America are all quite o/k.

But anyone that mentions them is just plain vicious and an America hater.

Honestly, wake up, and look around you.

It will either be another major false flag attack, or a total economic collapse, but martial law is definitely coming.

One other thing to think about.

Most Americans have been stocking up on weapons and ammo.
Ask them why, they will say to protect themselves.
Protect yourselves from who ?
Silence..................

Are you planning to kill other Americans with all those guns?
Silence...................

[edit on 14/2/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Not to join everyone in 'off topic' land, but this argument between the Aussie and the American has reminded me of a quote.

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system, and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

Corny but at the same time, ominous in its implications of voluntary ignorance to undistorted reality. Not to mention it is a well known fact that most people are incapable of looking at things with objective eyes free of personal opinion. Hard to see the whole picture unless your on the outside looking in, those involved rarely see past their next decision. Just so I can't be called on speaking in generalities, I'll give an example of what I mean.

If your a child, you meet a member of the opposite sex and feel that tingle of young love. You play with each other every day (mind outta the gutter people) becoming closer and closer. Now say that love interest moves away, your devastated. Your parents look at you and smile, knowing that this wont be the last time you fall in love, but you on the other hand can't get over it. It's all consuming, agonizing and infuriating. Such is the nature of subjective experience. Sometimes we want so badly for something to be true, when if we were to just stop and look for a second at whats going on around us, we might actually, i dunno...grow up?!

That being said I'm not claiming to be a parent figure, just pointing out that your founding fathers knew themselves it would be possible for the government to turn on the people. Here are a few quotes I find particularly interesting.

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home. -James Madison

The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted.
- James Madison

Fear is the foundation of most governments. - John Adams

Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder. -George Washington

Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master! -Thomas Jefferson

The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse. - James Madison

Our citizens may be deceived for awhile, and have been deceived; but as long as the presses can be protected, we may trust to them for light.
- Thomas Jefferson

When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil. - Thomas Jefferson

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

I could keep going but I think that about covers it. Your own founding fathers warned you to be aware of the dangers of living in a free society. Defend your country, not your government, especially one so hopelessly hypocritical. We are your friends, we are not saying this to hurt you, just to let you know that you may have a storm on your hands. And when you finally realize it, you may have turned away those who would have been of aide to you. Hard to be patriotic when you support a government that wipes it's @ss with your own constitutional rights.

Peace!

Please note I'm not at all bashing the US, merely hoping along with most everyone else, you can pull through.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by JunoJive]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join