It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narcotics Conspiracies forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Since when did we have a "Narcotics Conspiracies" forum? Not that it works...and not that I expect it to still be there tomorrow, but if you click on it fast you might be able to catch a glimpse.

Curiously, it shows only one thread in the past 120 days, but the information section on the right claims that "The Narcotics Conspiracies discussion forum on the Above Top Secret board has 316 total posts from our members on 9 different topics."

316 posts? Narcotics? Since when? Is this a bit of ATS history I wasn't aware of? Did there used to be a narcotics conspiracies forum that's been rusting in the basement for years, that somehow accidentally surfaced because of the "AbovePolitics.com site reintegration" that it's telling me about when I try to read the thread? Did some member somehow manage to create it as a new forum, and the mods are scrambling around trying to delete it? Or has there always been a narcotics conspiracy forum and I've somehow never noticed?

Anyone know what the story is here? It looks like it might be an entertaining piece of ATS trivia.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It started back up again a few months ago with very strict guidelines as another test, and seems to be holding its own.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

No, this seems to be part of an older experiment which was part of the Above Politics forum.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Where are the guidelines? I don't see a "forum overview" post for it.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ah, sorry, thought it was all the same thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Where are the guidelines? I don't see a "forum overview" post for it.

This is the new forum: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Btw, if you go from 0 to let's say 200 on the forum numbers on the url you'll find several now defunct forums ... it's quite interesting really if you have the time.

Edit to add: I think that might be the forum that was created after the DISC 'incident'
last year which was shut down soon after because people could stop being asshats. I think that thread that is there currently might have been moved there instead of the current one accidentally because it has a post date of Feb 4th.

[edit on 4 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

This is the new forum:

Ahh. Yes, thank you. Though I see some political correctness has asserted itself. Apparently it's "Alternative Substances" instead of "Narcotics" now. Personally, "alternative substances" makes me think non-standard construction materials, but maybe that's just me.

Oh well. With an actual, accessible forum, that makes it less interesting. I was hoping for something all sneaky and covert.

0 to let's say 200 on the forum numbers on
the url you'll find several now defunct forums

Interesting. A lot of 404's, but I do see a few:

NWO Comic
Mutters

might have been moved there instead of the current one accidentally because it has a post date of Feb 4th.

Maybe. ATS is kind of an old site with some strange quirks. I expect we might see a few more peculiarities as the site redesign progresses.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Yeah, I don't remember what number it is but the "Atlantis" forum is very interesting imo.

new topics

top topics

join