It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Going on with our Sun ??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

It is not "faulty camera equipment", it is the way the data is transmitted.

Shown here are the latest SECCHI beacon images. The STEREO space weather beacon telemetry mode is a very low rate, highly compressed data stream broadcast by the spacecraft 24 hours per day. These data are used for space weather forecasting. Because of the large compression factors used, these beacon images are of much lower quality than the actual science data.

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Date – January 27, 2010

We have investigated, and determined that these are artifacts caused by an interaction between the high compression factors used for the beacon data, and cosmic ray events on the detector. Our discussion of image artifacts has been updated to include this phenomenon. Another factor which has contributed to this issue has been the recent delay in receiving the full resolution images from the spacecraft. This was caused by a server problem at the Deep Space Network, and has now been resolved.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 2/5/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Respectfully, I can't follow the logic of some posters here who are saying these "spots" are real objects...

The logic seems to go something like this:

1. I see spots in the photographs.
2. NASA says that they are image artifacts
3. NASA lies.
4. Therefore, they must not be image artifacts.

I'm not trying to demean anyone here or be disrespectful. Its just that this kind of thinking has always bothered me.

Besides the fact they these spots are visible on the photos, what other evidence has been presented that these are real objects and not image artifacts? The "image artifact" explanation seems very plausible to me, so why are people discounting it? What is so wrong with that explanation that would make someone doubt its validity?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

If there are all these amateur astronomers out there that can take close up pictures of the sun, but don't seem to ever see any anomolies, (so there must not be any,) then why do we need STEREO and SOHO imaging? My guess is that they can get much better pics than an amateur, and therefore will see things than others won't

Yes that's right why waste hundreds of millions of $$$ for expensive equipment so we can take nice iccy/piccies like the amateur astronomers can.

Are you kidding?

Do you think that all this equipment is doing is taking nice snaps for us to look at and say , "oh look a pretty sunspot?"

No, it's scientific study. Very expensive, in depth study that is helping us understand how our Sun works in every way, including prediction of Solar Storms and the Suns effects on Earth.

amateurs can get fantastic pictures of the Sun, but how many of them are spending 24/7 studying it and keeping massive amounts of data on it.

If there were real orbs, then thousands of amateur astronomers around the globe would have said something long before now.

Face it, there are no orbs.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Maybe I typed my thoughts unclearly. I think we can all agree that sat imaging is far superior to amateur pics from the ground. (I only brought amateur astronomoers up at all because someone used them for an argument that if amateurs have not seen these orbs then they must not exist.)I guess I tend to think the simplest answer is the sensible one....Satellite takes pictures 24/7.....something odd shows up on some images....images get corrected by NASA to avoid controversy, complicated argument follows to explain sudden new problem in imaging quality. Who's to say that alien things can not fly near the sun....what do we really know...all I know is what I know seems to be less the more I know!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

As other said your answer is not THE answer, is just an opinion like any other, possibly uninformed, wrong, even stupid.

You have too great esteem of yourself and your answers. They are, according to my perception of reality which is shared by others, and which is, to me, THE TRUTH, less relavant than you think. If you think otherwise, then you must torture yourself into proving that otherwise me and others will not buy it. Just like thousands of geniuses before you. And even then, we might still not buy it! And according to TRUTH, that doesn't make me stupid, rather you a delusional person.

Be humble of # away. Your pride is useless to us.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This thread has some interesting info on our sun..... very interesting!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by purpleduck

No.
It is not an opinion. It is not uninformed, wrong, or stupid.

It is the explanation for what is seen. The explanation provided by those who are are informed, correct, and unstupid.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This is what I was refering to earlier..... from Hydraflare thread, lower left corner.... care to elaborate, have you seen this before?? Just curious

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
the answer to that question is that the sun is reaching its cycle of sunspots.
Now stupidly the government are scaring us about global warming!! boowho
the real problem they are hiding is the sun spots and flares, if the sun gets enough activity we could have a flare know out communications and even scorch parts of the earth, what sounds better sunflares or global warming i wonder!!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank goodness you are here. You consistently explain the science/physics that many do not understand. I agree with your comments.

Rgds

T

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Respectfully, I can't follow the logic of some posters here who are saying these "spots" are real objects...

The logic seems to go something like this:

1. I see spots in the photographs.
2. NASA says that they are image artifacts
3. NASA lies.
4. Therefore, they must not be image artifacts.

I'm not trying to demean anyone here or be disrespectful. Its just that this kind of thinking has always bothered me.

Besides the fact they these spots are visible on the photos, what other evidence has been presented that these are real objects and not image artifacts? The "image artifact" explanation seems very plausible to me, so why are people discounting it? What is so wrong with that explanation that would make someone doubt its validity?

This is by far the greatest post I have ever read on this board.

You summed up the way of reasoning perfectly. Because NASA are big evil liars, anything and everything is happening.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Before making a new thread I'd just resurrect this old one,this came on my news feed.
Earth-sized' UFO orbiting Sun reported:

New photos captured by NASA shows image

They are claiming it's not plasma if it's not a glitch of some sort what could it be

A UFO the size of the Earth was observed entering or exiting the sun this weekend, which is seen in a series of pictures taken by NASA/SOHO states the latest report from UFO watchers. According to UFO Sights Daily on Oct. 25, the pictures of the sun are checked daily by the website’s monitor and what they saw in a picture on Friday is quite large

he object appears on the NASA picture so there’s no doubt that something was on the sun the size of the Earth and it didn’t turn to vapor as one might expect from the extreme heat. Was it a camera glitch? If not what type of life could fly not only near the sun but actually fly into the sun and appear to land?
The UFO Sightings Daily reports that the picture was taken on Oct. 25 at 01:00 and 01:13 on the Earth’s Sun by NASA/SOHO. It was taken with NASA/ SOHO cameras EIT 171 and EIT 195.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

i just saw this today too.
i don't think this is a lens flare, but who knows?

perhaps swamp gas?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join