It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it fine to kill bad people??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by SonsOfAnarchy
It seems to me as if most of the people who have posted here do not know the difference between murder and killing...and basically the difference is intention. Therefore you can't really say "killing a killer to prove killing is wrong" it would be more like "killing a murderer to prove murder is wrong," and with the second one I agree...

Kill: to end the life of
Murder: to unlawfully end the life of

old west justice/lynch mobs = murder

if the argument is that a person should feel good about killing someone whom murders, and assuming said person is not a judge with authority to sentence to death, then by the definition of the word, they are a murderer and deserve the same fate as the one they murdered.

So you are saying if I killed a murderer such as say...Ted Bundy and feel good about it I should be killed as well? Because that would mean that we should never kill anyone, meaning no wars, lets let the murderers do as they please because you know......we can always just throw them in jail so they can watch tv for the rest of their lives. Might as well have every army in the world commit suicide?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX animal cruelty.

you know, if you had your way...and you were a member of PETA...all but vegans would be dead by that measuring stick.

No that's not really. Sure I'm not a vegetarian. I just disagree with the slaughtering of animals to feed ourselves. Don't ask how this works, I don't know, as I still eat things like chicken and stuff.

Originally posted by SaturnFX abuse? you know a spanking is now considered abuse and the defination is becoming more and more encompassing yearly.

On the more serious note I was thinking. Sure kids get out of line and need to be put in place sometimes, it's just the hits I don't mind. But the kind of I was on about just isn't acceptable and the type what would get you killed or even thrown in prison.

Originally posted by SaturnFX Rape? what type? daterape? you know if a 20 year old sleeps with a 15 year old, its rape...even if he/she didnt know the age to begin with? and again you go back to take the life of a animal...as I sit here eating chicken and rice, I think...in your world, I would now be dead.

And for this it was the case of being forced against their will. Sure if someone the age of 20 sleeps with someone who is 15 it's wrong but if it wasn't forced then not much can be said as both must have wanted the same, so no they wouldn't deserve to die.

Sure I'm probably just talking nonsense right now but I know what it really means in my head.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

While yours is a noble idea, reprogramming and rehabilitating violent offenders, where do you propose getting the money for these services?

States are going broke. California is already there. Education funding is getting cut left and right. Law enforcement funding is getting cut left and right. Down in Phoenix 1 out of every 8 police officers are getting laid off because the city, county and state don't have the money to pay them. This is why privately owned prison systems are starting to pop up across the country because states don't have the money to keep their own prisons operating.

The current system is broke. The court system doesn't work. The prison system doesn't work. Rehabilitation is pretty much a thing of the past, which is why we have so many repeat offenders. We wouldn't need slogans like "3 strikes and your're out" if there was actual rehabilitation taking place.

I fully understand that this world is simply not black and white. That's kinda my point. This world is so hard, dirty, and full of shades of grey that you can't really solve the problem at hand, is it okay to kill bad people, with soft, clean, easy to understand solutions. When I tell myself that vigilante justice is justifiable, it's not some knee jerk reaction. I look around at the world in which we live and I honestly,realistically, cannot find a viable alternative.

I'm sorry for the loss of your brother and I'm glad that you've gotten past the hate/rage/revenge stage. While I never had a family member murdered, a couple of acquaintences I knew in years past have been. Personally, I cannot forgive anyone who takes the life of another if the person murdered didn't ever hurt anyone else.

If people want to keep believing that killing a murderer or equally bad person is not okay because you don't initally know the reason why they're doing what they're doing, that's their perogative. If someone comes into my house or neighbohood waving a gun around threatening to kill or hurt people around me, may god have mercy on them because I won't. Just because they're crazy, literally, doesn't make the person they killed any less dead. And if they did kill someone before I got to them, me killing them in return may not bring the other person back to life, but at least I made sure that it won't happen again.

Also, since I live in the west, I have to defend it. This portion of the U.S. would have taken a LOT longer to settle had it not been for people like the Earp brothers. The stigma of the "wild,wild, west" was put here because of the people the Earp brothers had to kill, not because of the Earp brothers themselves . Think about it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
" Sometimes in life, there are men who just need kill`n! " code of the west.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

I believe in Karma 100%, and I stand by my opinions I expressed in this thread, but.................
I never put the two together before.

[I think I like you
]

You have a good way of looking at things.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Not to appear critical, but this subject is being way over intellectualized. To determine whether to kill or not kill another human being is not a process of decision. It is a mindset. If you don't know what you will do if you or your family is faced with evil intent upon or threatening your destruction, then your destruction is certain. There can be no hesitation. You must also establish your mindset on taking the life of another before the event.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If they break into your house and threaten you, then I'd have to say yes. If they have different skin color, then no.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The problem is, so many people do incredibly evil things, and are never held accountable for them. I don't have kids, but, if I did, and someone hurt/raped/killed one of them, trust that the police would never find the killers' body.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If they try to hurt you then as a self defense "Yes".

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This thread is being closed.
Discussing illegal activities is prohibited by the T&C.
www.abovetopsecret.com... (see 2e)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join