It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Lebanon residents brace for new Israel war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

South Lebanon residents brace for new Israel war

www.google.com

More than three years after the last war between Israel and Hezbollah, south Lebanon residents are bracing for new conflict amid Israeli warnings against both Hezbollah and its backer Syria.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday accused Lebanon of allowing Hezbollah to develop its stockpile of weapons, which Israel estimates at some 40,000 rockets, a significant rise from the group's 14,000 rockets in 2006.

Last month, Yossi Peled, an Israeli minister without portfolio and a reserve army general, warned Israel was heading towards a new war with Hezbollah.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com
www.jpost.com

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So it looks like the stage has been set for a new conflict in Lebanon between Hezbollah and the IDF. Only this time around, both the Israelis and the Hezbollah-Syria-Iran faction have announced that this will be a widespread conflict. In 2006, most of the conflict was somewhat restricted to Northern Israel and Hezbollah stronghold of Southern Lebanon. If a conflict breaks out this time, Syria might not be spared.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

All get on board the destruction train. Destination CHAOS

2nd

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Kind of ironic and sinister that one of the major pawns in WW3 are those who abhored WW2.

Whee is the reasoning?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Why can't we all just get along?

Oh yeah, now I remember. Its because all of humanity is comprised of filthy carnivorous apes standing at the pinnacle of the blood-slicked bonepile atop the food chain, and we have nothing left to turn our innate savagery and brutality upon but ourselves (although we also do a bang-up job of destroying just about any other form of life that gets between us and a good meal or a plasma-screen TV). Silly me, I forgot.

[edit on 2/4/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I guess that article settles any guessing on the issue. This new war will start SOON. Quite possibly during the Olympics, to provide Israel a perfect distraction from international scrutiny.

I stand by my assumption that Israel needs to take out Lebanon and Syria before moving onto Iran. That way they will not face a 3 pronged war at once... Much easier for them.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yes, it is getting hard to deny that war is coming. Syria says Israel is planting the seeds of war throughout the middle-east and I agree.

I have read that Iran and Syria have made some kind of a pact that should one or the other get hit by Israel, the other will be there to back them up militarily.. So it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility that a new war involving Israel and Hezbollah will escalate into a much larger conflict...

With the US build up of arms in the gulf, a final FINAL push for sanctions against Iran, and the apparent build of of troops along the border of Israel, and Israel issuing out thousands of gas masks to its residents I see all the makings for a very terrible war, and it has been a long time coming.

Implications of a devastating all out middle-east war are pretty darn frightening. No doubt a full scale war in the region will disrupt oil and have the price of oil skyrocket... Imagine what that will do to the worlds economy? I think it will be the final push to send our world hurtling over the cliff we have been dancing on blindfolded for years.

Am I being too melodramatic or is this a real tangible possibility?

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Everything that you said, I agree will happen.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

I guess that article settles any guessing on the issue. This new war will start SOON. Quite possibly during the Olympics, to provide Israel a perfect distraction from international scrutiny.

I stand by my assumption that Israel needs to take out Lebanon and Syria before moving onto Iran. That way they will not face a 3 pronged war at once... Much easier for them.
¥¥ I agree completely.And if Iran tries to aid Syria it will give Israel the excuse it needs to attack its nuke facilities.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think that all Israel needs is one "incident" or "false-flag" to initiate hostilities with the Hezbollah. Last time, the IDF used the pretext of rescuing kidnapped soldiers from Lebanon. Also, in 2006, the international community came down heavily on Israel for using indiscriminate force against Lebanon. Also, the war was almost over when Israeli Air Force bombed a residential building causing lots of casualties. Apparently, the Hezbollah had placed one of their mobile rocket launchers near that building.

This time, the Israeli government has already issued a warning saying that the entire Lebanese state will be responsible for any hostile action initiated by Hezbollah. This statement can be interpreted as "Get ready for collective punishment".

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Implications of a devastating all out middle-east war are pretty darn frightening. No doubt a full scale war in the region will disrupt oil and have the price of oil skyrocket... Imagine what that will do to the worlds economy? I think it will be the final push to send our world hurtling over the cliff we have been dancing on blindfolded for years.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Nomad451]

And who will profit from oil-flow disruption? Oil companies. For sure they are not only players in this dirty game but they are very significant player. Follow the money - it is 11 commanderment of our times.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If the country next to you had got 40,000+ rockets and said it wants to destroy you, what would you do?

Sit there and watch the Olympics sipping a cup of tea?

Syria / Lebanon deserves to be hit by Israel, what do they expect, durh!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Any evidence? Are they totally stupid in Lebanon and Syria? Will they attack nuke power backed up by world hegemon? Ring, ring - wake up!

EDIT to add: bit off topic but it is almost perfect citation of one of my Jewish friends: "I'll not raise up my children in this fascist state [Israel]." And she moved to ... Germany.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by zeddissad]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

So why have maybe 100,000+ rockets been sent into Israel over the years by the Palestinian Muppets who also like to blow themselves up?

Just because Israel has Nukes, it hasn't stopped people trying to kill their people or threaten them!

I don't think Israel would go nuclear unless something major happened like a big chemical jobby hitting Jerusalem from Iran etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I do not want go into endless dispute about legal status and history of State of Israel. Instead I'll cite your statement: "If the country next to you had got 40,000+ rockets and said it wants to destroy you, what would you do?" The country "next to you" is Iran now and the offender is Israel. Why the hell have one theocracy (Israel) right to own nukes and other theocracy (Iran) have no such right? Justice should be blind. And this "40,000+" rockets are "made in USA" - be proud of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What, A new war is coming to the birthplace of Jesus?

People have been fighting in wars in this part of the world for thousands of years!!!!! This is hardly a new story, more like the latest page in a never ending story where each page is almost identical. The only thing that changes is the type of weapons used every few years it seems.

Unless they wipe each other out (and I mean every last one of them) this will never stop. No, this is not new and not the last time for sure.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

How can one avoid the Isreali legitmacy. The "ppl w 40,000 rockets next to you wanting to destroy" is an omission of why they wish this. This mentality is prevalent "well they just wanna destroy isreal". Period. End of story. Leading to faulty reasoning that somehow Islam, Arabic people, or people of a different culture are more violent. Anyway Isreal could easily exterminate these groups if they like. They will kill as many people as it takes. Let us be honest if hezbollah and hamas disarmed what would happen? Settlements would expand more rapidly, Palestenians would be forced into smaller areas and more refugee camps. Can anyone say they wouldnt try and fight for their land and family when facing extermination?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Meanwhile, U.S urges Israel and Syria to calm down.

www.haaretz.com...

Now there is much speculation about Iran's Feb 11th announcement. Some say it will be alien disclosure, others say it will be an announcement of possessing advanced missile capability while many agree that it could be a stunning announcement about development of nuclear weapons capability.

I think that the question is more about the strategic dominance of middle eastern region rather than annihilation of one nation state or the other. Till now, the Saudis and the other sheikdoms (with the help of U.S military alliance) dictated terms in the region. Israel is also a very advanced military power in the region. Iran,under A-Jad, is trying to alter this strategic balance. While on one hand Iran is giving the Saudis a cold sweat by using Houthi rebels in Yemen as a proxy to attack Saudi territory, on the other hand, Hezbollah-Hamas-Syria axis is being provided with enough advanced weapons and missiles to make it act as a deterrent against Israel. Of course, the game changes entirely if WMDs are brought into the picture.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin

How can one avoid the Isreali legitmacy. The "ppl w 40,000 rockets next to you wanting to destroy" is an omission of why they wish this. This mentality is prevalent "well they just wanna destroy isreal". Period. End of story. Leading to faulty reasoning that somehow Islam, Arabic people, or people of a different culture are more violent. Anyway Isreal could easily exterminate these groups if they like. They will kill as many people as it takes. Let us be honest if hezbollah and hamas disarmed what would happen? Settlements would expand more rapidly, Palestenians would be forced into smaller areas and more refugee camps. Can anyone say they wouldnt try and fight for their land and family when facing extermination?

We are in perfect accord - I just do not want to start nonsense dispute again. I'm just reporting what I see: bunch of people emigrating from Israel not because of fear of "Muslim fundamentalists" but because the State of Israel inner development. For sure they are tired from perpetual tension but if they have feeling that their case is just - will they leave? To Germany? Something rotten is in near east and it is not only Gaza water treatment facilities.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
If the country next to you had got 40,000+ rockets and said it wants to destroy you, what would you do?

Sit there and watch the Olympics sipping a cup of tea?

Syria / Lebanon deserves to be hit by Israel, what do they expect, durh!

So when the slaves were hopelessly oppressed by their masters and started to show signs of resistance, should we have just wiped them off the map because they showed signs of aggression to our control?

If people wanted to destroy me, I'd use it as a time of reflection. Why do these people hate me? What am I doing that makes these people willing to lose their lives in defiance of me?

The same goes with the U.S. and terrorism (although I believe the whole terrorist ghost-chase is blown way out of proportion). These people aren't completely unfounded in their complaints. Until we realize this, conflict is going to continue boiling over. We need to wake up and stop seeing things in black and white. Hezbollah hasn't been innocent over the years, but on the other hand, Israel needs to take accountability for its actions. And it's also our responsibility to hold both sides accountable.

The balance of power in the region is dangerously skewed in Israel's favor, and they are abusing their upper-hand. When people are oppressed, it's only natural to expect resistance.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join