It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Christian Separatist Movement in US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is hardly surprising. The South is still peeved at the Civil War and when was that? Its just a matter of time. Personally, I think they should just build a wall like the Israelies did for the SOuth. The world would be a much better place.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Now, now Colonel, Remember we're not in the mud pit. These people havn't paid points to be whacked.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Please! Give them Texas and good riddance to 'em.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This isn't even a new idea! Why do you think there are so many Mormons in Utah?
Of course it's not going to work, because nobody in their right mind wants it to. Besides that, there is a direct correlation beween the number of tanks you have and the odds you'll get your way. This leaves the cult SOL, because there were 3 majors surprises to come out of Waco. 1. You can't trust the feds *snicker* 2. The ATF has its own flag (I'm serious, i was shocked). and 3. The ATF has access to tanks.

If you really want your own nation you have to lease land on an indian reservation which is technically sovreign soil. Next you have to figure out what another nation wants and offer it to them officially. For example, if I built wind-generators in my Southern Californian reservation nation, then I sold the electricity to Mexico at a bargain rate?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The idea is moronic.

Why is it that the Christians should leave the U.S.? For what purpose? What, and do this all over again? The U.S. was founded upon those principles, they were what made this nation a once-strong nation. As with every powerful nation of the past, after the nation becomes strong, the weak and lazy and less disciplined tear it down and eventually either tear it apart or allow an outside force tear it apart. No, what the Christians of this nation ought to do is act as if it is their nation, and stand up for it. One does not have to be a Christian, but it has been understood from the beginning that it is the Judeo-Christian ethics and morals that will govern this nation. IUt worked just fine until the Christians did as they were told and shut up, letting others run the ship into the rocks. Well now, seeing how they sat by and allowed it to happen, it is only right that they remain seated until they, too, are dashed against the rocks.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
el topo

Well there's an idea!

All those good christian bible pounders (I give them lots of respect for their faith and fidelity, no insult from me about that 'fersure) out starting their own war to form a religious state!

Say what?

Isn't that what the Taliban did?

Excuse me, I'm just a simple guy; and don't always see things like I'm told to see them..........so it could just be me........but somehow I'm pretty sure if they asked Jesus what "he would do", they might not like the answer he gave them.

Hanging on a cross went out of vogue some time ago....

...............and if ya did some how try it.......

you're speaking in tongues would be a tad too tough to do.

See my point?

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by gmcnulty]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
........when you were talking about the Civil war. It's in the form of a jioke but it does carry a message...........

THREE OLE BOYS

Three Southerners and three Yankees are traveling by train to the Super
Bowl. At the station, the three Northerners each buy a ticket and watch as
the three Southerners buy just one ticket.

"How are the three of you going to travel on only one ticket?" asks one
of the Yankees.

"Watch and learn," answers one of the men from the South.

They all board the train. T

he three Yankee men take their respective seats but all three Southerners cram into a toilet together and close the door. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the toilet door and says, "Ticket, please."

The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in
hand.

The conductor takes it and moves on.

The Yankees see this happen and agree it was quite a clever idea, so
after the game they decide to do the same thing on the return trip and save some money. When they get to the station they buy a single ticket for the return trip, but see, to their astonishment, that the three Southerners don't buy any ticket at all.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket?" says one perplexed
Yankee.

"Watch and learn," answers the men from the South.

When they board the train the three Northerners cram themselves into a
toilet and the three Southerners cram into another toilet just down the way.

Shortly after the train is on its way, one of the Southerners leaves
their toilet and walks over to the toilet in which the Yankees are hiding.
The Southerner knocks on their door and says, "Ticket, please."

And I'm still trying to figure out how the South lost that war!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
do you guys see the irony in all of this? for christians, those people got ALOT of hate within them

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
do you guys see the irony in all of this? for christians, those people got ALOT of hate within them

Who has a lot of hate in them? Christians? Keep on believing that if you'd like.

Flash bulletin for those who liken the Christians who built this nation to the Taliban who took over Afghanistan, you've got it backward. It's the secular-humanist movement of the 60's, that was planned out as part of an agenda to destroy this nation near the early 50's, that more closely resembles the Taliban.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Without getting into the arguement over the secular agenda (which seems to be mostly about mandatory gay mixed-race marriages for white christians in far away states, as far as i can tell) let me just point out that this moronic christian movement has openly renounced any idea of using violence to achieve their aims, and has made it clear that they will support freedom of religion, though they will legislate morality. It wont be the taliban at all if it happens. More likely it will be a typical boring southern town on a state-wide scale.
(I'm from Redlands, CA, where a religious school at Loma Linda (i believe run by mormons but i'm not sure) has managed to get a ban on public smoking which seems to be largely ignored. They also pay homeless people to leave... then arrest them if they come back. It's no Taliban, it's just stupid.

We have got a taliban down here though... or so I though. A Japanese restraunt called Jehiban, with a sign out front written in script which is hard to make out. I swore to god that it said Taliban when I first saw it.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
[Edited on 31-5-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Man it's like the Christian Right has to out-crazy their movement to amend the constitution to get rid of separation of church and state!

Seriously though, I say if they wanna do it good riddance. I doubt that their "country" would be anything but a disaster though. They would have no industrial base, no economic stablitiy and no international standing. Within ten years they'd be begging the US to let them back in.

And I wonder what kinds of wars that Fundieland would start wow. I also bet that there'd be a military too big for their economy to support too. Can you say Crusade?

Give em five years and they'd be a third world theocracy with less of an international standing than Afghanistan and more terrorism than Israel.

I bet Osama would just love for all the Christians to get in one place at one time.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
[Edited on 31-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If this new group succede. It will turn into another cult and will be massacre by the FBI. We will see It in the news in the future.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Flash bulletin for those who liken the Christians who built this nation to the Taliban who took over Afghanistan, you've got it backward. It's the secular-humanist movement of the 60's, that was planned out as part of an agenda to destroy this nation near the early 50's, that more closely resembles the Taliban.

I think you're generalizing to the same degree as those who dislike Christians. Some in the extreme Christian right have a frightening agenda of non-tolerance and literal biblical interpretation that seeks to reverse constitutional protection. In that same vein some, not all as you note, of groups involved in the 60s movement were also spouting that same hateful garbage. People like the weather underground or the SLA were extremists and should not be confused with the majority simply seeking social change.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I think they should just build a wall like the Israelies did for the SOuth. The world would be a much better place.

And trap us other folks!

We're working hard to get all the folks we can get to move down here, you know, the folks that really know what paying taxes is.............

The we can, vote the slope heads out and put in some folk in that will build the roads wide enough you don't get killed pulling over to change a tire rolling in to the dainage ditch. YUP, they still use them. I guess a Republican hasn't got into the sewer pipe business quite yet.

We want to make thing nice and get thing right down here once and for all.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just a reminder.... The word 'Christian' does not negate the word 'fundementalist'. Historically, theocracies were strong because the masses were ignorant. With the advent of literacy, the power of religious leaders diminished. Along the with the problem of where these people would succeed, they would no doubt have the problem of interpretation. What would apply? In what manner? Effectively, one would have the same problems as late-middle age Europe- Christian turning on Christian over minor interpretations of scripture. Should this succession take place, I give 50-50 odds of similar genocide occurring within three generations.

It's all fine and good to live by Judeo-Christian standards, object as you see fit to societal norms (and tolerance, equality, etc.), but sometimes people need to be saved from themselves.

DE

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

TextJust a reminder.... The word 'Christian' does not negate the word 'fundementalist'. Historically, theocracies were strong because the masses were ignorant

The last time I posted an answer like that I almost got burn at the stake, you are right but now we more education people still act as lambs. I don't get how people can be so eagle to follow a leader with blind eyes and even die for this leader believes.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Quite simply, the idea of Christians getting a state of their own is an impossibilty, even if you disgregard the further absurdity of secession. Even if in some alternate universe it DID happen, then other groups would demand the same, and the next thing you know, there goes the U.S.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_topo

The is plan is for large numbers of like-minded Christians to move to South Carolina, Mississippi or Alabama, attain elected positions of power and seceed from the Union.

Hmmmmmmmmmm............. Alabama, Missisippi, and South Carolina. All hurricane prone states.

I fullheartedly give my support to these "christians"! In fact, lets throw in Florida for free! Where can I send my money to help them relocate?

Dont worry about them ceceeding from the union! With the sudden recent upsurge of violent hurricane activity and rising sea levels, within 50 years, we can have it all back again anyway!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join