It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India moves to tackle sex attacks on tourists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter
What has happened to India?

It's the same as it ever was.
Crappy for women, the poor, and those on the lower rung of the caste system.

They do have nukes, though.
That's the only real change.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Hmm, so we agree on more than one points I suppose, I am sorry for my harsh comments, if they sounded so. Really sorry. Hope we can add more to each other's bank of knowledge in future.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No doubt your father explained in the best possible way, but does it not apply to other places on earth as well?

No Hindus couldn't defend themselves well. initially they were pushed way deeper into south, later the Maratha Empire rose under Shivaji , who was responsible for the Economic crunch in Mughal Empire, we had Jazia, meaning one had to pay tax for following the Non-Islamic religion.
The economic crunch created by Marathas for the Mughals was pretty much like what we are seeing in US Economy: Two wars into Middle East and CA, has been a SIGNIFICANT contributor into the Recession, apart from Housing credits!

The Central deity who is considered as all powerful in Hindus is a Woman deity. and yet we see some Idiots in our country disrespecting woman.
It Saddens me that some folks have brought national shame.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Karthik1981

Perhaps I too was harsh however India can not continue down the same road they are today. India has the potential to surpass China and has alot of catching up to do. Many Indians studying in foreign lands are coming out of our universities highly educated in most fields especially in medicine, engineering, commerce and technology. If they were replanted back in India we would see India reach it's full potential as a huge economic power base whilst keeping their colourful and rich culture.

As for Pakistan; it has little ambition and eventually will disappear off the face of the planet if India or Iran have anything to do with it. Iran's Republican Guards have a bone to pick with Pakistan and had threatened Pakistan just recently. New friendly relations between India and Iran had just commenced last week. Unlikely partnership uniting for a common cause no doubt.

Kashmir, not a place India should ever give up no matter what, it's one of the most strategic positions the Indian military have.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Karthik1981

Perhaps I too was harsh however India can not continue down the same road they are today. India has the potential to surpass China and has alot of catching up to do. Many Indians studying in foreign lands are coming out of our universities highly educated in most fields especially in medicine, engineering, commerce and technology. If they were replanted back in India we would see India reach it's full potential as a huge economic power base whilst keeping their colourful and rich culture.

As for Pakistan; it has little ambition and eventually will disappear off the face of the planet if India or Iran have anything to do with it. Iran's Republican Guards have a bone to pick with Pakistan and had threatened Pakistan just recently. New friendly relations between India and Iran had just commenced last week. Unlikely partnership uniting for a common cause no doubt.

Kashmir, not a place India should ever give up no matter what, it's one of the most strategic positions the Indian military have.

Being an Indian Journalist I could give you a deeper insight on this subject, so harken to my words carefully. The grim reality is that India can never truly catch up with china and china does not truly consider India to be its competitor(we are severely lacking when it comes to infrastructure and our population is bound to grow exponentially larger than what it already is leading to a fresh slew of problems). China does have a large population but it is more than twice the size of India with a burgeoning economy larger than that of Brazil, Russia and India combined.A mere 4% of China's population is below the poverty line compared to India's massive 40%.Also being communist they have strong birth control measures in place unlike India who is all set to outpace china in terms of population within the next half-decade.India also carries the dubious distinction of having the most malnutritioned children in the world only after Africa....ironically we also have the most millionaires in the world (Corruption is so very blatant here and you need to ask yourself, as to how a newly appointed mp with insipid financial resources becomes a millionaire/crorepati overnight)....even our current chief justice and his venerable predecessors are facing trial on charges of corruption.This veritably is only the tip of the iceberg and on many levels "India" ceases to exist in the minds of its people. India for its people is an obscure idea with half baked promises that has failed to deliver. Leaving aside the intelligentsia, most of the proletariat belong to a caste, religion, region or a state first ...for these parochial ideas are far more important.Is it then a wonder that our democratic system is so very ineffective?...In fact it is quite like a bloody circus.

We have far more deeper problems to deal with than Pakistan and most of these problems do not get the attention they deserve due to the hoary and crippled bureaucratic system, that has failed to mitigate our problems ........Ostensibly we do have the means to wade of poverty and corruption but lack the initiative to implement effective measures. If we are to have a future at all then it must begin with cleansing the scourge from within.

edit on 29-9-2010 by Leonardo01 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join