It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last 8 years... The quiet before the storm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is just my gut feeling but I"m wondering if I'm not the only one. I think for about the last decade, you could say from 9/11 onward there hasn't been any major world wide game changers since. Such as new scientific advancements, geopolitical change, etc. Yes there have been changes, but nothing I would consider major.

Whats available to the public as far as sci-tech has been mostly just a reconfiguration of existing technologies. TPTB have decided that they have given us enough computer power for now... as the avg PC has leveled off at 4Ghz processors and this has nothing to do with physically maxxing out Moore's law or economic regardless of what you may think. (as gov't equip is ORDERS of magnitude faster)

But what I really sense is that this is just the lull before the storm so to speak. I think we will see more change in the next 10-20 years then we've seen in the last century.

We all know certains realities are true, but just not spoken of. I believe these will come to light... at least some... Here is what I am thinking.

1. Disclosure will happen in the next 5 to 10. Simply put with the increase in communications available it will be nearly impossible for TPTB to hide this truth much longer. And they know this. They would rather be the ones making the announcement than our brothers from other planets. Whats delaying this... The whole ball of wax that comes with disclosure. Of course official disclosure will probably be pretty far from the actual truth, as all things with gov't. Will they admit to the reversed engineered anti-gravity, free energy, etc? Will they admit to alliances and deals. (You abduct up to 10000 a year for technology). I highly doubt it. But none the less if it comes I will still be glad.

2. Related to 1. A release of energy technologies that have been suppressed the last 90 years. There are 6000 patents for very exotic stuff that is not released under the guise of national security. But with the world economy in shambles, even some of the greedy PTB see the need to release these techs, turn the deserts green, get rid of poverty and most disease and take the leap from a type 0 civ to a type 1 civ.

3. Also related to 1. This one I think will come a bit later, in the 20 year range. But anti gravitic propulsion is where its at. Do you really think the 45 y/o space shuttle is the best we have, lol. It has just been a front for all those years as antigravitics was a mainstream study in physics until the early 50s when suddenly all talk of it in all the physics literature simply vanished over night. That was probably due to the fact that they figured out that Brown's method of antigravity, which needed a huge power source and needed to be plugged into the wall to demo it, was just a brute force way of producing lift from electricity. When they discovered the toroidal 'smoke ring' method of electrogravitic propulsion which greatly reduced the power required and made the tech viable, our guys successfully took the subject out of the worldwide literature. that in itself is impressive.

4. Non silicon based processors that is orders of magnitude more powerful than whats currently on the shelf. Let your imagination run wild with this one. Think virtual reality.

5. Mass geopolitical change worldwide. The introduction of direct democracies via internet voting on every topic. South America in turmoil. (nothing new i guess)

6. A breakdown of the idea of a NWO. It can onlly fail as there are too many people who want to run the show.

7. China sparking the second space race. But this time India the EU and the USA will be competing and hopefully collaborating. At some point when anti grav come out of the closet, this will be most interesting.

8. If antigrav is allowed out, the actual colonization of the moon, Mars and various moons throughout the solar system.

Well those are my predictions for the next 10 to 20 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by insideNSA
Whats available to the public as far as sci-tech has been mostly just a reconfiguration of existing technologies. TPTB have decided that they have given us enough computer power for now... as the avg PC has leveled off at 4Ghz processors and this has nothing to do with physically maxxing out Moore's law or economic regardless of what you may think. (as gov't equip is ORDERS of magnitude faster)

Thank you for sharing your opinions. I disagree with your assessment however.

If you know anything about processors or research about this particular issue, you will realize that rather than “TPTB hav[ing] decided that they have given us enough computer power for now,”—a claim that I would like to see substantiated—the reason why clock speeds in processors seem to have hit a barrier is mainly due to a power issue.

Processor chips today run at the limit of their power density—they generate as much heat as they are able to dissipate. The dies nowadays are much smaller. For example, we have started fabricating 45nm (nanometer) chips since late 2007. 45nm is smaller than the wavelength of light! So it's quite common for current leakage to occur, meaning electricity seeps through the transistors wasting energy and generating unwanted heat. That means you require more power to dissipate the heat, and when you start considering the limitations (and cost) of other necessary components you realize that it just isn't worth it.

Memory latency, for instance, hasn't kept up with CPU bandwidth. Fast memories operate at around 1Ghz, so having a 10Ghz CPU doesn't necessarily make your computer faster if the CPU has to constantly wait relatively long for the memory to do its work. Faster CPUs also means bigger caches, and caches are extremely expensive.

To have faster CPUs you require more power to dissipate the heat caused by the already high temperatures of the chip running at higher speeds plus the heat generated from byproducts of the material itself, bigger and more expensive cache, and in the end you'd still end up with a bottleneck between the CPU, the memory and other components.

Basically, it's an engineering and profit tradeoff, not an imposed limitation by some Government conspiracy.

The way CPU manufacturers have been compensating for this is resorting to parallel processing. This is why it's common for newer CPUs to have multiple cores. Which leads me to the next point—I'm surprised that you say the “Government's equipment is orders of magnitude faster,” because since your username, I assume, alludes to the National Security Agency, your statement seems strange for someone with knowledge of the agency's computer systems.

The NSA, being one, if not the, federal agency with the most powerful computer systems, doesn't have systems with chips faster than what you or me have in our computers. What they have is massive parallel computer systems—systems with several thousand CPU modules. These systems are indeed more powerful than our desktop computers, particularly in the area of calculations, crunching numbers (encryption and decryption, data filtering and comparison) because that's what they're for, but each CPU inside those modules isn't individually faster than what we have in our desktop computers.

I'm sorry if I derailed your thread but if the premise starts based on erroneous information, I don't know how feasible your theory is.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by converge]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

1. Disclosure will happen in the next 5 to 10.

Funny, that's what they've been saying for the past 5 to 10 years. Ten years from now, what will be your excuse when it doesn't happen?

Of course official disclosure will probably be pretty far from the actual truth, as all things with gov't.

Then why are your predictions the standard utopia wish fulfillment fantasies we hear associated with "disclosure"?

Will they admit to alliances and deals. (You abduct up to 10000 a year for technology)?

And this is where we see things break down. This particular part of UFO mythology is more based on bad science-fiction than any sort of logic. Look at the standard UFO narrative, these beings possess technology far beyond our own, allowing them to come and go from our atmosphere as they please, abducting humans at whim and with impunity, these beings are so powerful our ancestors thought them to be gods; if you believe any of that, do you think these beings would bother making alliances and deals with us? Do you really believe any human agency would have any power over these aliens, whatsoever?

They would rather be the ones making the announcement than our brothers from other planets.

Our brothers? If you believe the standard abduction narrative, these supposed aliens are not too brotherly.

Getting past that, considering the standard narrative again, if these beings wanted to reveal themselves, don't you think they would, regardless of any human government?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

When I read the OP I was going to make basically the same post about parallel processing rather than speed and then I saw your post and you beat me to it. Good post!

Regarding secret technologies the government has been holding back, when the F117 was declassified, I learned that yes it used advanced composite materials for stealth that weren't prior public knowledge, however I fail to see how that advanced technology material is really a major revelation other than where it's already used in defense applications. I don't have much higher hopes for other technologies being used in secret projects and yes I'm sure there are plenty that have excellent defense applications, but may not mean much to the average person like me aside from improved defense. Anyway since our biggest threats these days seem to be terrorists, not sure how much such high tech as secret aircraft composite materials is helping there.

And regarding disclosure predictions: Few things make me want to puke but discussions of disclosure predictions is one of them.

If somebody's going to disclose something then go ahead and DO IT!! But don't tell me it's going to happen and then it never does. In the story of the boy who cried wolf, wasn't it the third time that nobody believed him after he lied the first two times? And hasn't "wolf" been cried WAY MORE than two times for disclosure? How many times? 20? 200? 2000? Are we really that much dumber than the people in the story of the boy who cried wolf that they don't know to ignore somebody after lying to us twice?

And then when we DO get disclosure like project mogul in Rowsell, nobody believes it.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well, I won't comment on the specifics of the OP's posts but let's just say his high-tech utopianism is pretty much the opposite direction from where I think we are going. I have no doubt technology will continue to advance, but it will be used for trivial consumer items or to futher monitor and control an increasingly harried, dictated, and impoverished world population. I believe the texture of life will continue to deteriorate or remain stagnent for 99% of the planet. Social breakdown and unrest in the developed world can be expected, although I do not anticipate a full-blown SHTF collapse. More like isolated incidents and incremental, weary decline. There may result a patchwork of decayed, semi-anarchic zones and tightly-controled, heavily monitored and fortified urban enclaves.

Elites will live in splendor in fortified compounds, but will be lsess flashy and showy in public with their wealth. For the "average joe," expect continued deteriorating real wages, the further stripping of freedom, and the dulling of the mind by various means. Security and prosperity will slowly but surely recede. The only consolation may be the ability to escape into increasingly more realisic "virtual" worlds, if technology and chemistry permit it, such as direct-neural VR interface, etc. People can swing through the jungles of a digital imaginary Pandora while their real bodies decay in "meatspace" and their physical wealth and actual contact with fellow humans shrivels to a point of nothingness. Expect large clans of never-married, never-fully-employed people living the way 20-somehting roomates do for their entire lives..."hanging out," perhaps engaging in petty crimes or using the black market to get enough to eat, and spending their large swaths of free time listlessly pursuing technicolor virtual illusions.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Those are all good points but they may be too far to be within plausible reach.
We need to get our priorites straight and deal with the here and now. I think this is a much more accurate example which describes a much more realistic 'calm before the storm" scenario.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You have not derailed my thread, simply exposed your ignorance on this topic. News alert, I have actually contracted at chip manufacturing plants that manufacture chips for the high end gov't equipment. and i can say the technological hurdles you speak of were overcome about 20 years ago. you are also assuming these chips are standard silicon based chips. you are assuming that memory is the standard such as ssram drram, flash and eeprom. ever consider that holographic laser based system may be in use
, and this in itself is being phasedout. you also assume other white hat industry standards, when what we have is much more exotic. MUCH more exotic my friend. hate to burst your bubble, but yes TPTB are limiting what you can have/play with, which are basically toys compared to what we have.

and just a hint, never encrypt your stuff, even with 512 bit triple des. its breakable in minutes! now chew on that and figure out how fast we are running our stuff compared to your toys

Originally posted by converge

Thank you for sharing your opinions. I disagree with your assessment however.

If you know anything about processors or research about this particular issue, you will realize that rather than “TPTB hav[ing] decided that they have given us enough computer power for now,”—a claim that I would like to see substantiated—the reason why clock speeds in processors seem to have hit a barrier is mainly due to a power issue.

Processor chips today run at the limit of their power density—they generate as much heat as they are able to dissipate. The dies nowadays are much smaller. For example, we have started fabricating 45nm (nanometer) chips since late 2007. 45nm is smaller than the wavelength of light! So it's quite common for current leakage to occur, meaning electricity seeps through the transistors wasting energy and generating unwanted heat. That means you require more power to dissipate the heat, and when you start considering the limitations (and cost) of other necessary components you realize that it just isn't worth it.

Memory latency, for instance, hasn't kept up with CPU bandwidth. Fast memories operate at around 1Ghz, so having a 10Ghz CPU doesn't necessarily make your computer faster if the CPU has to constantly wait relatively long for the memory to do its work. Faster CPUs also means bigger caches, and caches are extremely expensive.

To have faster CPUs you require more power to dissipate the heat caused by the already high temperatures of the chip running at higher speeds plus the heat generated from byproducts of the material itself, bigger and more expensive cache, and in the end you'd still end up with a bottleneck between the CPU, the memory and other components.

Basically, it's an engineering and profit tradeoff, not an imposed limitation by some Government conspiracy.

The way CPU manufacturers have been compensating for this is resorting to parallel processing. This is why it's common for newer CPUs to have multiple cores. Which leads me to the next point—I'm surprised that you say the “Government's equipment is orders of magnitude faster,” because since your username, I assume, alludes to the National Security Agency, your statement seems strange for someone with knowledge of the agency's computer systems.

The NSA, being one, if not the, federal agency with the most powerful computer systems, doesn't have systems with chips faster than what you or me have in our computers. What they have is massive parallel computer systems—systems with several thousand CPU modules. These systems are indeed more powerful than our desktop computers, particularly in the area of calculations, crunching numbers (encryption and decryption, data filtering and comparison) because that's what they're for, but each CPU inside those modules isn't individually faster than what we have in our desktop computers.

I'm sorry if I derailed your thread but if the premise starts based on erroneous information, I don't know how feasible your theory is.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by converge]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You have not derailed my thread, simply exposed your ignorance on this topic.

Well I expect that you back up your claims with sources and other evidence, because if I'm ignorant about this how am I supposed to learn? Just take your word for it?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by insideNSA

"I think for about the last decade, you could say from 9/11 onward there hasn't been any major world wide game changers since."

well, there have been a couple major earthquakes; boxing day tsunami (couple hundred thousand dead), haiti 200,000+, afghanistan 50,000, then there's samoa, and that atol somewhere

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

News alert, I have actually contracted at chip manufacturing plants that manufacture chips for the high end gov't equipment.

Everything Converge said can be backed-up by the best available evidence. You have provided no evidence, instead you substitute a claim of authoratative knowledge and a condescending attitude. If you have some valid evidence to back up your claim, present it. Otherwise, do not expect us to take your word. There are too many liars and the insane in this field for that.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sorry OP..But if you were even 200m from NSA offices you wouldnt be allowd near ats..
And you sure wouldnt be allowed to speek your mind here..

new topics

top topics

join