It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stare at this picture for 5 minutes - if you dare

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I found that if i peered at it through slitty eyes i saw a chubbier face more clearly - two images superimposed i reckon. Some people are looking for, or need, in a subliminal sense, an opportunity to freak, inner demons and all that. Now i kill my grandmother while she sleeps har har

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Ok I done it

I guess this only works on people that are prone to subjectiveness because Im still as happy as I was 10 minutes ago.

Really Op, if someone tells you that you will feel upset etc after watching this, then you probably will

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I got the distinct feeling she was at a point just before she saw something that made her smile, like in a frame by frame look at someone. Did the opposite for me, it made me smile.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
the only strange thing I noticed about it was the right eye (left if you are looking at it from a perspective of being behind the actual thing) got darker, as well as around it.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The only reason this got a reaction out of me was because the video's author had all the 'signs' of a typical 13 year old that thinks forwarding crappy e-mails about ghosts and dying people that will get a quarter for each sent e-mail is still cool.

I'm sure you can deduct what reaction it got outta me.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I got bored. End of.
Seriously, the only good thing was that the music was Evenescence and even that started to give me a headache after a while.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Nothing happened for me.
I want my money back

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I watched it and it made me feel hungry.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ok, so I watched the video and nothing happened, now I really am upset

second line

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
i saw nothing waste of 5 mins

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
O.K. I stared at it for 5 minutes and do I feel angry ? No actually I feel a strange sort of peace

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Wow,,had to come back here and write this while my nightmare is still fresh in my head,I was like all of you guys laughing at this picture a few hours ago before going to bed,stared at it for 5 minutes,saw nothing.As I went to sleep I had this weird nightmare that played over and over....Somebody on a subway train was showing a video he took where a ghost girl appears on the video in the subway train window like a face and he says he did not see the face until he played back the video recording.This dream played like a loop over and over.The distressing part was that I sometimes snore where my throat will actually plug up and I stop breathing and my heart will stop.This only happens if I ever drink coffee,tea or Coca cola before bed.With that dream playing over and over I had trouble waking my self up as I could feel myself dying ,Lucky I did wake up in time and I felt my throat ,all the veins were sticking out but I'm good now.Weird thing is I never drink those bad beverages anymore and never had any before bed.Then I remembered the story about this face,could the story have some truth to it? I did not believe before but now I'm not so sure,be careful people,power of suggestion can possibly kill some.Or it was just a fluke, but be warned anyway,take care.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I like how at the end the person who made the movie (of a picture...how dumb is that?) writes "Now I need to go change my pants!!!!"

That guy must keep quite a healthy supply of underpants if something like this makes him crap.

Edit: Alternated rapidly between the face at the end of the video and the face at the beginning. Face remains the same, boredom wins.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Cantthinkofaname]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The only frightening thing about this picture is how empty and bored the artist must be. Vacuous rubbish at it's finest.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Sorry, but Amy Lee is garbage along with the post.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread.. Sorry.

But this was posted on ATS several years ago. It is a fun experiment though. People's faces change if you focus on them.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by shauny

There is nothing really paranormal about it. Go to your bathroom and stare at yourself in the mirror. After a minute or so, let your eyes lose their focus but still continue to look at your reflection.

I am always sad and depressed when I look in the mirror

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I have actually stumbled across this video by myself while searching youtube for strange/weird videos and I was as unimpressed by it then as I am now. An easy way to debunk this would be to preform an experiment to see if the picture itself causes uneasy feelings or it the mention of other people feeling uneasy after viewing the picture is what causes an emotional response.

Make two groups of people ranging from 10-20 people in each group. Both groups will be shown the same picture of the girl for the same length of time (although probably for less than one minute and without the music) and be given a short form to fill out after viewing the picture. The only difference between the groups would be that one group would be told the story of how people become upset after watching the picture for x amount of time and the other group will simply be asked to observe the picture.

If people in the first group feel upset afterwards but people in the second group do not, this would show that most likely any emotional response to the picture is caused by the story of people becoming upset and is psychological in nature and not caused by the picture itself. To further test this theory this experiment set up of two groups could be repeated using a different picture of a person, not necessarily a woman, and the same results would likely occur.

This is of course only a suggestion, I have not gone to any length to preform such a test nor do I feel the need to. But any one who truly feels this picture has 'evil' powers/presence is free to use my suggested experiment or any variation of it.

If you reallllllllllly think it needs to be proven.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow I got very upset to. Because thats 5 minutes I'll never get back.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Seen it,looks like a random picture stolen from deviantart.com

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join