It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stare at this picture for 5 minutes - if you dare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I demand you give me back the 5 minutes of my life I just wasted staring at that!!! As someone else pointed out why not just post a picture rather than a video. I did the entire 5 minutes and saw nothing other that the blinding pain in my eyes from looking at a low resolution video of a still picture for 5 wasted minutes. Sigh..(-_-)

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I agree..it was subtle manipulation of the image. I saw the same things.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

That's what I was waiting for someone to say. Again, it is from staring at it.
Her face changed from that sad haunting look..to a grimace with very dark circles as you said, a very angry look.
Poor child!! She was so pretty. That is really sad.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

[edit on 2/5/2010 by moonwize]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There's no change in the picture from beginning to end. A user already confurmed this with photoshop.

What makes you think your seeing changes (maybe darkening under her eyes), is because your eye's lose focus/start to water/become tired ect., after "staring" at a picture of something for 300+ seconds. Thats all.

This picture has been around the internet, and this "false story" has been around in many different forms for years. If thats a self portrait of a Japanese girl, Then I'm the Pope. C'mon people think.

What IS odd if you go to the actual Artist, who made the Original Picture in Corel Paint: (nope sorry, it's no some ancient dead Japanese girls self portrait it's actually a computer generated image)

But any how his site:

www.ethereality.info...

See that? "Melancholic" Princess.

hmmm.

Melancholy means depressed yes? morose(sp?) or gloomy, or sad ect.

So "Melancholic Princess" could translate to "Sad Princess", or "Depressed Princess"

So perhaps thats what the artist was trying for, a somewhat gloomy undertone?

Perhaps there is some merit to this after all??

But as far as the picture changing, I'd have to agree with the other poster who ran the first and last image through PhotoShop (Blaine? it may have been sorry if it wasn't). The picture int the video does not change in the slightest bit at all.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Five minutes???

Are you kidding?

I've been married for 45 years and NEVER looked at my wife for five minutes straight. Why would I do that with a stupid out of focus pic?

Me thinks, the OP has far too mch time on his hands. Get a hobby.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So, if I read all this correctly, there is a video that was produced only to add music and a few short lines "did you see it" " change your pants...", so the poster could get youtube's 15 minutes of fame, using plagiarized content from an artist's web-site?

Another misleading hoax that so many people are eager to buy in to. If this had been researched, the poster would have known that a 'chinese girl' did not commit suicide after she painted this picture.

Why is this on the ATS main page???

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sorry I couldn't do it. Picture quality is bad and I could feel my eyes crossing. I'm not willing to do permanent damage to my eyes for an internet version of Bloody Mary. Maybe next time. Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

You're right that friggin Google Ad Sense really pissed me off. 5 mins of a Dodge Chrysler Text Ad. I was too frightened to close the ad, then I just got mad.

Phew glad that's over.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by davec0021]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why do people put crap up like this anymore?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by shauny

There is nothing really paranormal about it. Go to your bathroom and stare at yourself in the mirror. After a minute or so, let your eyes lose their focus but still continue to look at your reflection.

You'll 'peripherally' morph.
I spent 6 months of my life convinced I was half reptillian because of this.

Fact

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

to the mods, Why doesn't ATS introduce a thumbs down button? just something to *actively* voice ones displeasure with a thread in a polite way that instead of increasing the visibility of a thread DECREASES its visibility? something that, unlike replies, does not promote a thread?

It would boost the SNR of this site immensely!

-rrr

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This site has really started to go to hell, this is crap. This is off topic. It is my opinion that the op should be banned.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I've researched this I noticed the blur changed slightly in the picture but its on a 5 minute span its hard to notice if your not "looking for it"... its an optical illusion.. that why her face seems to become sad after awhile... see for yourself

www.michaelbach.de...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Why the (%$%#*$%*) is this on the homepage.............?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
(Static) 7 days..................

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
People who stare at this crap for five whole minutes expecting to get spooked perhaps should have suicidal thoughts, you know, it's only natural

Anyway, as fun as you tube idiocracy and painfully obvious hoaxes can be it shouldn't be on the home page of ATS, this site is much better than this crap. I'm aware though my very post just feeds the attention junkies.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I got bored after like 30 seconds -_-"

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
To the OP:

This was a joke somebody made up.

The picture is actually a character portrait for a video game some graphic designers were working on. There is nothing odd about the picture and it was a mass joke thing on youtube. You have been fooled, she's just a princess from a video game.

I came across this internet meme awhile ago, and it has fooled a lot of people.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Zsaqulz78th]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join