It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Joe Satriani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Joe came to Hong Kong to do an Asian guitar clinic he was so awesome he gave me a new aspect on guitar playing the stuff he did made mt jaw drop at the end we could ask him questions, i didnt ask him cos i was still amazed at what he did.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I love Satriani he is amazing. I'm jealous bet that was one cool concert.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I wish I'd been there with you, Drunk. He is a great guitarist. I can play some of his stuff, but I am completely in awe of the streches he performs at speed in those solos.

I saw him live in the 90's, he was very impressive then, as he is on his albums.

My wife calls his stuff "guitar acrobatics" and laughs when I'm doing 4-finger tapping. He he, I guess she's got a point, it does look a bit odd, hunched over the guitar, slapping madly at it with both hands.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Zzub]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well yeah i was amazed as was my friend it wasnt actually a cincert it was a guitars clinic but nevertheless it was sooooooo cool

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I agree Joe Satriani is one amazing guitarist. Dont know all his stuff and recently bought 'Surfing with the Alien'.

Sounds like a fantastic time Drunk

Since you are Joe Satriani fans, is there any albums by him you would say is a must own?

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Rynaldo haha i dont own any of his albums......yet.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i got another couple of his albums, 'flying in a blue dream' and the extremist'.

he sings in a few songs in 'flying in a blue dream'.

both great albums, prefer them too 'surfing with the alien',

watched a video entitled 'the satch tapes' which is him, seems like a real nice guy too.

rynaldo

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Flying in a Blue dream.
I think that one has the widest appeal.

That CD got me across the continent..I don't know how many times I listened to it in my 3000 mile drive..

Mystical Potatohead Groove thing.

new topics

top topics

join