It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien-like Squid With "Elbows" Filmed at Drilling Site

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In a few seconds of jerky camerawork, the squid appears with its huge fins waving like elephant ears and its remarkable arms and tentacles trailing from elbow-like appendages. Not really alien just different.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Yeah, that's immediately what I thought of.

It made me think of what a waterborne version of the Half-Life Strider would look like. It's only missing a mounted weapon.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by freebourn

I dunno, some of the fiction I see around here is pretty strange, and is usually pumped by people who simply believe that reality is too dull. Like, oh, OMG TEH EGYPTIANS HAD FLYING SAUCERS!

And Helicopters!!!

I like things like this, I wish there were more revelations from the deep oceans, every time something strange is found down there I just wanna see more. And it's often EERIE as hell looking at some of the freakish critters down there, but sooo interesting.

Pity we don't spend 1/4 the amount on exploring the deep oceans as we do exploring the sky..

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by freebourn

It could just be a neat video of a neat squid, that was taken at a rig owned by Shell.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, Sigmund.

On ATS, a cigar is always a Niberoid envoy flagship.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Did I went back in time or something, isnt today January 4, 2010? I saw that thing months ago, the hell...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmoviefan
This creature is beautiful and amazing and should remain so with all of the other hidden wonders at the depths of our oceans. That is until someone figures out how to haul it up, put a $75 plus a pound price tag on it, and sell it throughout Asia as the James Cameron Abyss special with a fired egg.

That's one reason why I think things in the deepest oceans are still so strange and crazy... We havent worked out how they taste.

Everything in our grasp - even if it's crap tasting (Or an acquired taste as we like to kid ourselves) has been depleted or plundered...

People who like ugly food obviously have no taste.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn
"Video in courtesy of shell oil company"

I wonder whats the agenda.
This corporation is owned by the rothschilds

The "Rothschilds"!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything but that!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool video OP, thanks for posting it. Wonder what they taste like? Chicken?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
In a few seconds of jerky camerawork, the squid appears with its huge fins waving like elephant ears and its remarkable arms and tentacles trailing from elbow-like appendages. Not really alien just different.

Squid See's UFO -

In a few seconds of jerky movement, the UFO appears to stabilise, it's bulky body floating like a large metallic sponge, it's large eyes beaming with an intense white light almost blinding this observer. They're here and they come from Above.....

Wonder how the squid tells his mates he saw a UFO while they all laugh at him telling to lay off the special ink...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I saw this last year, it was cool then as it is now.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by badmoviefan

I don't think these things should remain hidden. The more we know, the more we'll see just how amazing this planet is.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing. Who knows what else roams in the deep..

good video. thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Seriously? You're really serious? God, if anyone buys this, I sell my subscription to Mankind. This is just re tarded

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Holy Bajeezies!

That is no squid! It is one of the aliens from the movie Independence Day.. Don't let anyone ever tell you any different.

www.youtube.com...

That is really cool though, I never even knew these kind of squids existed. GREAT FIND! I didn't see the depth this squid was filmed at but on a Youtube video it says it was "Perdido Area of Alaminos Canyon, at 7800 ft. depth." 3 Miles Down!!!

Also, here is a different and little bit better video of a squid in the Magnapinna squid family.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-2-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Call me silly but you cannot tell me that our planet wasn't seeded from various other planets!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

thanks for that video! Much better quality. Lower on the creepy scale, but better for seeing the way it moves.

Now, looking at the video I posted, makes me think that Ha' la' tha' had it just right -- the squid is swimming along merrily, looking for a nosh, sees the lighted rover and freezes, not sure what to make of it.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Yeah the Shell video is so freaky because the squid is just staring right back at you.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by R U SERIOUS
Seriously? You're really serious? God, if anyone buys this, I sell my subscription to Mankind. This is just re tarded

R U Serious,
Are you serious?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Trying to fathom how a Squid might think. Lets see now, breed, swim or eat, the only three choices.

Squid: "Hmmm, wonder if I could eat that? Wonder if I could breed with that? Probably not, I think I'll swim somewhere else before it eats me.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

... that sounds about right. I do think that that squid (or at least those that I've interacted with) are very curious, as long as I kept the divelight out of their eyes and I didn't make any threatening or quick movements. Of course, for all I know, the little group (4 or 5 about 10" long) were contemplating eating me.

Fred, lookit the SIZE of that thing! We could gnaw on that for weeks!
No kidding. It's obvious that it doesn't swim worth a damn.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This looks like a new species of squid nobody has seen before.The funny thing is it looks more like a spider.Of course then again it could be a very advanced alien species that lives in deep water.Now we know what the real aliens really look like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join