It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a great flood cover earths advanced ancient civilization?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It seems we people have always been a species of amnesia and the details of our origins lost there in. Imagine a time long before what we recognize as the beginning of civlization that there was another global community thousands of years ahead of us. Perhaps they lived so long ago all traces of them are gone. It is Possible.

Imagine all the unexplored ocean and desert of the earth theres a lot of room out there .... After several tens of thousands of years even huge stone pyramids will have turned to dust or be unrecognizable.

This leads myself to wonder why our species suffers from such a vast amount of well lets call it missing time.. As a comparison i veiw it as an infant skipping adolescence and moving straight on into RETIREMENT.

Where did the time go why do we have such detailed written and documented or spoken understanding of certain points in history and no recolection of others. weve been around the block as a species for a lot longer then can be accounted for .
Why do we accept this memory loss ? shouldnt we be asking and looking rather then being content knowing ten percent of who we are?

Be Well

[edit on 4-2-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
already a post on it

link is here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

NUTS!!!
i will readdress the threads title and purpose.
thank u
Be Well
triple

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
just watched another show about the under water temple like structure in ah dam mental blank Japan maybe some scientists say it couldnet possibly be natureal occurance others say it absolutely is.
I saw the videos and close ups and if mother nature caused shearing so perfect well she might have built the pyramids as well
to perfect to be natural i wonder what civilization would have been around since befor ethe last ice age since that when the structure is dated to have been made or formed?

Be Well

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Definitely. And the sad thing is scientists don't want to admit this for some reason.

Here is the Japanese underwater city:

www.morien-institute.org...

And here is the underwater city in India:

www.spiritofmaat.com...

That one is very interesting because the people of India are probably more ancient than any other civilization.

Those are the two main ones that i can think of. Graham Hancock did a special on TV about 10 years ago about underwater civilizations, he also wrote a book about this subject called underworld:

www.amazon.com...

It really upsets me that no one will study these sites properly.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

thanks man was needin an assist

i know ive said it before but i mean we spend so much effort trying to disprove the obvious we miss out on learning any new knowledge i mean lets face it dating is only so accurate and speculation is fact if the right group of scientist make the claim?

Be Well

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
no problem brah! Underwater cities is my favorite subject. If you look at google earth and look at the shallow parts of every continent, it's easy to imagine where ancient civilizations could have easily lived.

I think the most fascinating area is the gulf of Mexico.

www.gulfbase.org...

As you can see, the light blue areas would have been above water before the ice caps melted. The olmecs were situated on the south/west coast of the gulf, close to were there wasn't that much land lost by the flooding.

The mayans had control of the east coast.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I suppose its part arrogance and part ignorance that those living in our present assume that civilization 'sprung' into existence shortly after the last ice-age.

I am quite certain that there are still undiscovered ruins lying in the oceans that have yet to be discovered. Where I come from (West Malaysia, South East Asia), used to be the continent called Sundaland that formed a large part of Asia from Vietnam, Bornoe, Indoensia and Burma. The continent was submerged by rising oceans following the thaw more than 10,000 years ago.

There is an ancient map of unknown date and origin which was copied by Portuguese explorer named Eredia in 1613 that shows a landbridge between the Malaysian Penisula and Sumatra, Indonesia. They show several named cities that are mostly likely now lying beneath the Straits of Malacca.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If anyones seen life after people, it shows how quickly a civilization can degrade, with all signs of our civilization being gone after about a thousand years, who knows what was here before us...

[edit on 24-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
LIFE AFTER PEOPLE is great i love all these history channel shows for whatever there worth.
The earth is so big the ocean is truly able to hide and recycle just about any material i can only imagine what we have not found nor will we find all the answers could be lieing at the botoom of the most traveled harbor and we would have no idea.

Be Well

new topics

top topics

join