It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Scheduled to Speak at Tea Party National Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
link

So there is some well deserved discord amongst the Tea Party Movement. A $500 attendance fee and Sarah Palin is to collect a $100K speaking fee for headlining the national convention.

It would appear that even with the best intentions, that the movement is becoming co-opted by the very thing that the movement tried to speak out against....political corruption.

While it is understandable that GOP leaders would want to associate with what was becoming a powerful voice, it would seem that founders should want to put their foot down to keep the message pure.

Unfortunately it would seen that a little power is a dangerous thing. In seeking legitimacy the Tea Party has become star struck.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm guessing less than 1,000 people show up. There's no such thing as a "Tea Party." Just a few angry white people that are too ignorant to realize why they're angry while still fitting into Fox idiot demographic. Honestly, who's going to shell out a fat stack of bills to go to this travesty? Hopefully this thing's failure will put an end to Palin and her annoying dwindling followers.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

It's always preferable to state the entire truth:

The former Alaska governor said she will donate her speaking fee "right back to the cause."

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Why is it mostly latinos going to the ones in my area?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Why is it mostly latinos going to the ones in my area?

Although there might be several perfectly valid reasons for it, please tell us how you know that it is mostly latinos going to the ones in your area.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Why charge a speaking fee at all then? I have done things for pay and I have done things for free. The things I have done for free, I never charged nor accepted a payment.

Back in the 1988, I was regularly invited to fundraising dinners as a guest. The fee was anywhere from $50-$100 a plate. Charge to me as an invited guest was of course $0. The hardest part was saying the correct things when asked my opinion of a person in a public situation. Usually, just critiqued delivery and order of talking points for better crowd reaction. I did however made my opinion privately known when asked privately.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Why charge a speaking fee at all then? I have done things for pay and I have done things for free. The things I have done for free, I never charged nor accepted a payment.

Don't know. Except that it is one way to get a directed donation to the Tea Party.?

Back in the 1988, I was regularly invited to fundraising dinners as a guest. The fee was anywhere from $50-$100 a plate. Charge to me as an invited guest was of course $0. The hardest part was saying the correct things when asked my opinion of a person in a public situation. Usually, just critiqued delivery and order of talking points for better crowd reaction. I did however made my opinion privately known when asked privately.

Interesting. If I may ask, were you in politics?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

To make Palin seem like a big deal and publicly state what her price is. Kind of like being a high class prostitute.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

No, I was an actor in high school and was somewhat locally known in acting circles. Did a little community theater, as well as typical high school plays. I also did drug and alcohol education/prevention through Teen Institute and loosely scripted skits in the Medicine Show that was the best known group that performed in schools, businesses and various other organizations.

Think of it as having a small time local celebrity as a guest. Just that I would give pointers on public speaking as far as engaging an audience and keeping their attention, if asked of my opinion. As a result I met and spoke with several local, state and national politicians.

As far as me personally, I could have easily been over-shadowed by a second string pro football player as far as celebrity status goes. But was often invited to different functions directly as opposed to written invitations. What was significant was that it was known that I was 17 at the time. I had no vote to woo.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Ahabstar]

join