It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work harder, longer, faster...SMARTER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is a message for those of us still employed and feeling a little stressed:

PLEASE, try to take it easy, take a breather now & then, don't let em get your mind and body in a bad place. Try to work smarter in your personal life as well as job.

So we're producing much more with less workers, Squeezing more and more out of us. (I know I see & feel it) and was tweakin for a while, greatful to still be employed. But i'll be damned if i'm gonna lose my mind stressing out!!

I will do the best I can with what I have, if something's not complete due to factors out of my control ie: all this freakin snow, it'll be there next week.
Stay cool folks

This is not posted for those out of work (truly sorry folks) I'm doing all I can to keep 3 people working! So e-z- on the "at least you have a job" bashing.

Worker productivity kept surging in the fourth quarter as companies squeezed more out of remaining staff to boost earnings, another report from the Labor Department also showed.

www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 4-2-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Some good advice:

For our friends in the Great White North:

Canada's Middle Class Shrinking

In a speech (March 10, 2009) Ms. Yalnizyan she said: “The middle class is running faster to stay in the same place. And the promise of mobility, that notion that the future will be brighter for our children than for ourselves, appears to be in question.”

Ms. Yalnizyan notes that two-income families are now working 200 hours a year more than they were ten years ago. In the 1970s, two-income families were a minority (30 percent); today, more than 70 percent of middle-class families need two incomes to hang on to their middle-class lifestyles.

international-financial-affairs.suite101.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

harder, longer, faster...SMARTER

I wonder how many people read this title and immediately thought of this video. ^_^

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Ha! what a great video to releive some stress. Thanks LB.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Timely thread, OP. I think that mentality has hit all sectors. In my industry (high volume, low margin) it's especially prevalent. Have been single now for almost a year, the house and car which were no biggie with two incomes, have become an issue. At work I've allowed myself to be dragged into the "more with less" syndrome. Just wishing I had, what I believe Eddy Murphy described as, "FU Money".

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

I wonder how many people read this title and immediately thought of this video. ^_^

naw i immediately thought of this one
guess that shows were my minds at most of the time

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIsPower At work I've allowed myself to be dragged into the "more with less" syndrome.

I feel ya, I watched my Co. make a hefty profit last yr. in which my crew and I contributed alone over 1 mil. just to get squeezed into the "more w/ less" catogory.
When my boss mentioned in front of one of my guys about record profits and I gave him the stink eye, after my guy left I said "why would you say that when pay, bonus', hours get cut and more work needs to be done in the same amount of time?"

His reply:
WHY DO YOU THINK WE DID SO GOOD THIS YEAR!

How's that for a kick to to teeth??

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

Originally posted by LordBucket

naw i immediately thought of this one
guess that shows were my minds at most of the time

Awesome, thanks ACE now I really feel better

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yeah! It's a snowday. Now time for the honey-do list
will the madness ever end??

insert 2nd line...*

[edit on 5-2-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
My company had record profits last year and the CEO is going to get a huge bonus. Us workers get a 25% bonus the CEO's is 1700%. If they removed just his bonus we could hire 400 people at 50k$ a year. Everything is headed to China full speed

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock

Originally posted by TruthIsPower At work I've allowed myself to be dragged into the "more with less" syndrome.

I feel ya, I watched my Co. make a hefty profit last yr. in which my crew and I contributed alone over 1 mil. just to get squeezed into the "more w/ less" catogory.
When my boss mentioned in front of one of my guys about record profits and I gave him the stink eye, after my guy left I said "why would you say that when pay, bonus', hours get cut and more work needs to be done in the same amount of time?"

His reply:
WHY DO YOU THINK WE DID SO GOOD THIS YEAR!

How's that for a kick to to teeth??

So then the recipe for the betterment of an economy isn't obviously cuts, everywhere. It's just betterment of the economy of the fat cats, not us their working slaves.
If you work harder producing more job and same amount of time, you become more tired, you think about working less and make more cuts to your own way of living, in order to compensate, then you go out for recreation less, you buy less, in a few words you do everything less. All that other chain of people/professions/incomes you were affecting, is seeing your money less and less, you meet people less, you get chances for some time for romancing less, so everyone/everything becomes a shadow of its former glory, while the fat cats laugh all their way to the bank and this time a bit more louder, probably.

Sex and drug markets usually skyrocket at such times. Guess who's to benefit again. It's an endless cycle. This time they thought about tightening the noose a bit. Maybe they want more drugs and sex to go around and centralize money, instead of having a more healthy society all those little but honest businesses around getting a little slice of the pie. No wonder indigenous birth rates are down. If they can substitute not just the work force but the whole citizenry with people that never knew quality in their living standards, by importing those people from elsewhere at increasing rates, they have a less demanding citizenry to work with.
I really believe that what started as the new century in America with all that technology and progress, will have to also end in America but I don't know what's coming out of this. Maybe something really ugly. I pray not.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
My position evaporated 3 months ago and I have yet to find another job.

I don't know what kind of stress you employed fellas have got, but trust me, it's a hell of a lot better than mine. I'm to the point that I no longer know what to do.

I interviewed for a position 2 levels below my previous one, and went up against 95 other pre-vetted interviewees. Unemployment runs out soon for me and me, my wife, and my 4 kids; we're starting to feel the pain.

Shoot, I haven't had health insurance or gone to the dentist in 2 years.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by KrazyJethro]

new topics

top topics

join