It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Baptists to appear before Haitian prosecutor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

US Baptists to appear before Haitian prosecutor

news.yahoo.com

Haiti – Parents in this quake-wracked Haitian village unable to feed or clothe their children handed the youngsters over to a group of American missionaries who promised to give them a better life.

many Callebas parents say they wouldn't know what to do if they had to take the children back.

The stories the parents told The Associated Press on Wednesday in this village a half hour from the capital contradict claims by the Baptist group's leader that the children came from orphanages or wer
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
So what do you guys think?
Is this trafficking?

What i'm wondering is why the hell does organizations that help others need to have some religious affiliations, even in their organization name.

If it's truly humanitarian aid just just call it that.

If they really wanted to help why not give the families money so they could help raise the kid instead of seperating them?

If this is trafficking I would not be surprised at all!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

According to adoption.com, a normal fee for an intercountry adoption can be $30,000.00. So, this pastor can make a quick $99,000.00 by selling these children. And by virtue of it being a church, it is tax free. Not as good as coc aine, but still not bad. I hope they all get 20 years in a Haitian prison. The name chosen for the program is "The New Life" something or other.Methamphetamine using and gay prostitute patronizing preacher Ted Haggard's church is the New Life Church.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I still believe this group and others are taking advantage of the situation for their own gains,whatever they might be!
I also firmly believe that money is the motivator in 99.9 percent of situations such as this so yes,even if it's in a round about way,it's trafficking to me.

I do understand that the "cultural differences" might suggest that the parents truly did have the best interest of their children at heart by relinquishing them to this group however the article basically also says that the "parents would be allowed to visit/have the children returned to them" at their will which I don't see as remotely possible once the kids are out of the country.
Not going to happen especially if they didn't have any "paperwork in place" BEFORE they tried to get the kids out,they certainly wouldn't keep those "records" after IMO.

Along with all the potential "re-building and re-direction" that being spewed about by so many for this country,I'd strongly suggest that a good dose of birth control education and availability be a BIG part of the picture?A very big part...

Let's leave all those sticky-wicket religious beliefs and moral considerations aside: if you are so quick to give a kid up because you can't provide for them,is it truly necessary to have one or more in the first place regardless of what you believe?

I think this groups needs to be made an example of because otherwise it could well open the door for SO many more children to become displaced and worse!

I can hear the protest now if such a thing happened in the US under similar conditions:kids are NOT something to be bartered,sold,traded,employed,taken,or otherwise used by either a parent or a group of individuals and it's time the world realized this by an example being set and maybe a firm stance taken on the subject.
They can't stand up for themselves! I hear MORE protests MORE often about the "humane conditions and treatment of animals" that I do in regards to children and it trouble me greatly.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have found this story suspicious from the very beginning. I belive that this part of the story speaks volumes:

The stories the parents told The Associated Press on Wednesday in this village a half hour from the capital contradict claims by the Baptist group's leader

It will be interesting to see if background checks of the ten people involved turns up anything "shady". My guess is yes it will.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Ten US missionaries have been charged with child abduction and criminal conspiracy for trying to smuggle children out of quake-ravaged Haiti.

If convicted they face lengthy jail terms, says the BBC's Paul Adams at the court hearing in Haiti's capital, Port-au-Prince.

Haiti's Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive has labelled the Americans "kidnappers".

news.bbc.co.uk...

Even the country's PM called them kidnappers

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Maybe they were looking to use them as slaves. The bible is of course PRO-slavery unfortunately. Nevertheless, intentions need to be questioned when religious groups are around children for whatever they claim the reasoning is.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by pplrnuts]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Old Testament to be exact!
Just saying

top topics

join