It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reservoir Of Water Found On Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
While viewing the “man statue photo, I realized that there is an other anomaly.
If you look directly above the pole on the Martian Rover, you see an aqua colored area.
When I zoomed in, It sort of resembles a reservoir of Caribbean blue water, complete with waves!
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Now this can’t be true, what do you think it is?
Please star and flag if you like it
Thanks
Vilolatet1 out.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Yeah remember this one,its posted many times before.

It looks like water even with the ripples on the "bottom" in the sand

But it is to cold to support liquid water so i don't know what it is

Nice pic though

cheers

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Nice pic. But notice the blue tinged rocks in the foreground...could the water be a mere illusion made by many of these rocks, clustered together?

Interesting find!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sunspot0

I don't know. NASA has lied to us soooo many times before.
I really don't know how cold it is there.
Has this been posted before?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Anything is possible. Maybe the water is seeping out of the rocks.
I don't know.
I thought it was interesting though.
Has this area been discussed here before?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
NASA false colour imaging, the Pond, or resivior just looks like blue sand.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

It is an old one though.
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Heres some real water
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 4-2-2010 by GW8UK]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sand ripples, however what caused the ripples! That picture is also interesting for its depiction of the colour calibration at the bottom where the blue swatch is no longer blue!! (ie the image is artifically coloured red) The "official" explanation is that the swatch dyes are reacting to reflected light blah blah blah BUT they forgot something:

All the cabling on the rover is white held together with BLUE tape....so what happened to the blue tape?

You can see the blue tape on the earth based pictures of the rover.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This has been posted many times before and debunked as simply ripples in the sand and the colours being false in order to make the detail more obvious and for aesthetic purposes.

The ripples are cause by wind eddies etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

I agree, It looks like sand ripples to me. I mean thats just wishful thinking. We all know that mars has ice (the poles have it) but liquid water...Thats pretty far away from the sun, gotta be pretty cold. I know nasa lies about plenty of stuff, believe you me, but on this one.... no way.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
If you look directly above the pole on the Martian Rover, you see an aqua colored area.
When I zoomed in, It sort of resembles a reservoir of Caribbean blue water, complete with waves!

This is from the original caption releases with the image:

This view combines separate images taken through Pancam filters centered on wavelengths of 753 nanometers, 535 nanometers and 432 nanometers. It is presented in a false-color stretch to bring out subtle color differences in the scene.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

So sadly there is no Caribbean blue water there.
And the "waves" are ripples in the sand created by wind, and they are often seen in deserts here on Earth too.

The purpose of these images, unlike the true color images we produce is to enhance subtle differences in color. These differences are sometimes so small that a person looking at them would not be able to see them at all - something you can see by comparing a true color image with its corresponding false color version. Images like these allow scientists to quickly asses even subtle color differences, and to choose the most interesting regions for possible study with the rover arm instruments. Subtle color changes may indicate changes in the materials making up rocks and soils, or how these materials are concentrated or deposited.

pancam.astro.cornell.edu...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I wont say anything about the water as the above posters have already shot it down very well.

But I will say, NASA doesnt have to lie to us about the temperature on Mars. What benefit would that give them? Its common sense that the further away from the sun you are, the colder youll be, especially with Mars's thin atmosphere. Common sense.

Also, there is absolutely 100% NO proof that NASA has ever lied to anyone, you guys read into too much stuff on the internet.

Finally, it's a great picture. The smoothed rocks at the bottom left corner are the most interesting to me. It'd be interesting to date them to see when the volcanic activity occurred to form them. No aliens or nasa lying, just rocks and geological processes.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There is alot of Evidence released by NASA that confirms Surface Water exists on Mars if people would just take the time and look for it . Here is a Pic. taken from Rover showing the Famous " Disc ' embedded in what appears to be Wet Sand . Notice the ridges that look like something you would see on a Beach on Earth ...........

Another Pic. of possible Water filled Lakes as of today , Unconfirmed do to resolution issues.

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Here is something nasa lied about.

The Orion manned shuttle test launch performed a few months ago. Nasa stated that delays were caused by mechanical issues with the shuttle.

The truth of the matter is that the Orion shuttle, is set to replace the soon to retire Delta V. Orion was made by Lockheed-Martin, Delta V was made by Boeing.

Although the Aries 1 rocket (which propells the Orion) is partially manufactured by Boeing, Boeing is still set to lose a huge contract with nasa with discontinuing their shuttles, and nasa using the Lockheed-Martin shuttle instead.

What really caused the delay was Boeing being pissed, calling Nasa during the launch countdown (multiple times) claiming that their engineers had found a fatal flaw in the suttle, and demanding that they review the schematics (no such flaw exists...as of yet). This happend multiple times during the postponed test launch of the Orion launch, costing nasa, and the government a big chunk of cash, and the president proposing the cancellation of the project due the the costs.

Nasa Lied to the public, (so did boeing)

its funny what goes on in the corporate world...they bicker like we do.

as for Liquid water on mars....eh, could happen, but i doubt it.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by LeeTheDestroyer]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeTheDestroyer

The Orion manned shuttle test launch performed a few months ago. Nasa stated that delays were caused by mechanical issues with the shuttle.

There have been no test launches of Orion (which can hardly be called a "shuttle").

Boeing is building the upper stage ($514 million) as well as the avionic package ($265 million) for the vehicle. Hardly something for them to get pissy about.

The Ares-1 booster launch test delays were weather related.
www.popularmechanics.com...

Of course, you have evidence for your claims about Ares-1 booster test, don't you? Your claim that "NASA lied".

[edit on 2/5/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I remember this photo, but not because of the blue sand. That's the one w/ the 2 humanoids in it. Bottom left area.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You can tell the colors aren't right.

Here is the rover's color swatch.

If you look at the bottom middle of the image you will see the colors don't match therefore the colors we see are incorrect.

You would figure if my digital camera can capture perfect color that NASA would have a camera that could do the same...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Care to show us how NASA have lied, and how you expect to perform chemical analysis of compounds on Mars by looking at false-colour photos?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually, thankyou for pointing that out. It has been a while since i heard this information, and i thought he was talking about orion...hence my post, but it is entirely possible and likely that I was mistaken, I will talk to my source and get that cleared up. I apologize for the misinformation, but i assure you that the above scenario played out, and I would love to discuss it when you when i have more information on the matter. Once again, thankyou for clarifying.

sorry for being off topic.

No liquid water on mars, its too cold. not enough atmosphere, and too far form the sun... just think about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join