It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grumpy people are more advanced on the evolutionary scale!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Right after I posted the question, I knew it was a Star Trek reference.

I think it was when Spock had decided to sacrifice himself for the crew, when he had to go into the warp core to stop the core from going critical. Good call.

But to reiterate, I am and have always been; your friend!

This day forward and all those people out there in the void, I am and will always be YOUR FRIEND!

I like it! Kind of gives me the heebee jeebees. But hell, One must take a step in the void.

Do not mistake me, I will still cut off the balls of an ass, but I will give the benefit of the doubt to given parameters.

One MUST decide the purity of ones own actions and the actions of others.

Damn, I am becoming melancholy with my drinking as of late. C&C effecting me? Or is this something else?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I believe you are right, though it has been some time since I have seen that movie. Pretty moving stuff though. But used in the context as you just did, with the "Void", it becomes a pretty powerful statement of solidarity, no?

It is time, I feel, for people to cast aside their difference and begin to work towards the common goal that is casting off the shackles our overloads and their convoluted systems have imposed upon us.

Regarding melancholy, perhaps it was Carl Jung who said it best:

There is no coming to consciousness without pain.

So true.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Fear, is THE mindkiller.

I have always been a reader and absorber of sci fi. I have always felt that to be the next evolution of mankind.

I have had disputes with English Professors saying that sci fi was just a fad. They are SO disconnected with reality. The OLD synopsis of human existence has to transcend our existence. Otherwise the mistakes of old will become the mistakes of now.

I am what I am, as you are what you are. One cannot expect to change another, one must except the reality that none of us are the same. Yes, collectivism is a higher goal, but the individual is what will take us to the next plane of existence.

All it takes is one, human evolution is but just a step in our existence.

Okay, I am going on about philosophical things. But, that is just IT. We need to see beyond the VEIL of existence. I should finish that thread about our differences.

I have recently received a invite to another country and I am thinking of taking it. I have a feeling thought that I cannot run from the monster that is befalling the entire world. Money and the power that it partakes.

Money is but a perception of reality. If you do not perceive it, it does not exist. Some may say that this postulation is inherently wrong, have no idea of the TRUE nature of fiat money systems.

I could make billions of dollars of fake money and it would have no effect on the money supply. Does this mean I am stealing from the system? I think not! It has been going on for 40 years now.

Who is the master? And who is the slave?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I have always been a reader and absorber of sci fi. I have always felt that to be the next evolution of mankind.

To borrow some terminology from that ol' goon Robert Anton Wilson, the earth is like a womb, and we must escape from it our die. Without leaving the earth, our species will die. We face overpopulation and environmental problems here, but no amount of tyranny must be used to fix this problem. We must learn to take to the cosmos, I guess.

As per you're professors that you argued with... had they never heard of Dune? Or even 2001: A Space Odyssey?

I am what I am, as you are what you are. One cannot expect to change another, one must except the reality that none of us are the same. Yes, collectivism is a higher goal, but the individual is what will take us to the next plane of existence.

Agreed. I believe that the essence of who were are, how we act, what we believe and the things we fight for are completely defined by our experiences. And they change everyday. The individual is necessary more than anything in the concept of change; I once saw on a bathroom wall the words "the individual is the praxis of the collective". Not sure if it is necessarily the proper use of the word "praxis" but you get the idea. To go about to Robert Wilson and his merry band of 1960s psychedelic philosophers, all we need to realize is "I Am Me, I Am Free". All organization is imagination, or something.

Of course, it can't be that simple, can it?

Okay, I am going on about philosophical things. But, that is just IT. We need to see beyond the VEIL of existence. I should finish that thread about our differences.

You certainly should!

I have recently received a invite to another country and I am thinking of taking it. I have a feeling thought that I cannot run from the monster that is befalling the entire world. Money and the power that it partakes.

That is interesting. Permanently or just temporarily? Maybe it would be good to escape for a while from the collapsing America. I was in Europe over the summer, and was seduced by the glossy veneer of unity (though I knew underneath it was a different story). I strongly considered leaving America and going there, but I realized something: nothing will get fixed by abandoning it. Though I'm just a small cog somewhere in a vast machine, I feel that fleeing would be a betrayal of what I believe and stand for. So I'm sticking it out for the long haul.

Money, companies, hell, even countries and laws and nationalities are all lines drawn in the sand, just waiting for the ocean to sweep them all away.

This is from a short story written by William S. Burroughs:

Hiroshima, 1945, August 6, sixteen minutes past 8 AM.

Who really gave that order?

Answer: Control.

Answer: The Ugly American.

Answer: The instrument of Control.

Question: If Control’s control is absolute, why does Control need to control?

Answer: Control… needs time.

Question: Is Control controlled by its need to control?

Answer: Yes.

A basic impasse of all control machines is this: Control needs time in which to exercise control. Because control also needs opposition or acquiescence; otherwise, it ceases to be control. I control a hypnotized subject (at least partially); I control a slave, a dog, a worker; but if I establish complete control somehow, as by implanting electrodes in the brain, then my subject is little more than a tape recorder, a camera, a robot. You don't control a tape recorder - you use it. Consider the distinction, and the impasse implicit here. All control systems try to make control as tight as possible, but at the same time, if they succeeded completely there would be nothing left to control. Suppose for example a control system installed electrodes in the brains of all prospective workers at birth. Control is now complete. Even the thought of rebellion is neurologically impossible. No police force is necessary. No psychological control is necessary, other than pressing buttons to achieve certain activations and operations.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
To continue on in my endeavor of altruism, life is but a dream, and that dream is everlasting.

Dune, is my inspiration! We cannot see the future, that is the fundamental storyline of DUNE.

We DO NOT have an underlying problem of over population. That is a misnomer. The underlying problem is logistics. I may have a misconseption of my abilities, but, I feel the WHOLE problem is logistics.

Think of it this way, logistically speaking, why do we ship things around the globe? Does it have to do with prioritization or does it have to do with MONEY?

Institutionalized localization of materials is the downfall of globalization.

It also has the ability of removal of globalization. The institution of globalization is an instrument of CONTROL.

If one was to institute localization of foods and other prerequisite endeavors, what would you get? You know EXACTLY what you would get.

THEY do not want localization, that is their control parameters.

I have seen the elimination of sustainable communities. Does this not raise the hackles of people?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Frank Herbert and i share the same birthday

and my dad's name was/is Herbert Francis

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Hey, peeps.
I'm late at this thread, but SO MANY BRIGHT POSTERS! (Even the 'younguns' aren't getting on my nerves here!)
[shakes head in disbelief] Don't they keep us young, though, in their own way?

To the crux of the thread;
I'm only grumpy some of the time. Sarcastic and leery of (well, almost everybody)
But, I ignore A LOT OF :snip:!

THEY do not want localization, that is their control parameters.

I have seen the elimination of sustainable communities. Does this not raise the hackles of people?

IT does me! Manufacturing and farming have been outsourced TOO MUCH!
It doesn't take a barfly to realize we can't continue like this!
Oh noes, I'm getting my dander up............

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Does this not raise the hackles of people?

It sends my humors from sanguine to bilious!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

25 cent words

Please splain. My English is not that great

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by schrodingers dog

25 cent words

Ah, there's an interesting story about the quarter ... In 1957, I remember it was, I got up in the morning and made myself a piece of toast. I set the toaster to three - medium brown.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

His humor (attitude) went from happy (sanguine) to bilious (grumpy).

edit to add reply to post by schrodingers dog

S Dog you are so so so verbal using verbiage as a vivacious and vicarious way of pontificating an endeavor to espouse a quagmire of thought.

:bnghd:

[edit on 2/10/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You kids still in my yard?

What the Hell, will you go home.

~Courtesy Of JPZ~ (his video above wouldn't edit correctly)

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Signals]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well, a new toy I guess.

My first attempt.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
A person claimed one of my posts seem grumpy, am I qualified as being advanced.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

Absolutely! And that hat of yours (avatar) would fit every one of us brainiacs, here on this thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Thanks. Just what I needed. Something else to get addicted to on this infernal Al Gore invention.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Funny stuff! Did you make that yourself?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Funny stuff! Did you make that yourself?

The animation comes from the site Xtranormal but the writing is our own. Check out that site and create your own. By the way....

Ladies and gentleman give a big round of applause to our newest guests Clearskies and the GrandKitaro!

:u p:

We'll be right back after these messages.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join