It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lancet Retracts Controversial 1998 Study Linking Autism and Vaccines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I found this article rather interesting despite the fact of numerous physicians supporting the possibility of a autism related side effect from un-tested vaccines.

An excerpt from the article states:
After stirring controversy in medical circles for more than a decade, the inflammatory findings that a routine childhood immunization is linked to gastrointestinal disease and autism has been formally retracted. The Lancet -- the esteemed British medical journal that published the findings -- has pulled the case study from its published record, its editor calling the paper "the most appalling catalog and litany of some the most terrible behavior in any research."
The Lancet Retracts Autism study

Yet you cannot help but take note about the big pharma connection linked to the sale of vaccines. It is no wonder that the Lancet MMR vaccine article is being retracted now when the pharmaceutical companys are pushing for new vaccines. Case in point the Reuters Vaccines article stating :

One key advantage of vaccines is their relative immunity to generic competition. As biological medicines they are hard to manufacture, typically requiring a large capital investment of $100-600 million per plant, according to analysts at UBS.
"Generics don't play in the vaccines space, so you have them for a long time," PwC's Friend said.
Recent vaccine growth is impressive, with sales by the top five producers -- together accounting for 85 percent of the market -- reaching $16 billion in 2008, up one-third in just two years.
By 2012, market leader Sanofi predicts revenues of $22 billion and many analysts think that is conservative.

On August 21, 2000 a congressional investigation's report titled, "Conflicts in Vaccine Policy," stated:
It has become clear over the course of this investigation that the VRBPAC and the ACIP [the two main advisory boards that determine the vaccine schedule] are dominated by individuals with close working relationships with the vaccine producers. This was never the intent of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, which requires that a diversity of views be represented on advisory committees.

It is quietly discussed amongst pharmaceutical circles the blowback from such a panic stricken public learning the truth about vaccinations. MERCK has a notorious track record of vaccination blunders and foreign development of un-tested products. Even Jim Carrey wrote an article in 2009 about the detrement to refuting the claims autism related side effects from vaccinations. Jim Carrey Vaccine Article

I just recently was required to get the H1N1 vaccine, and I can honestly say I have never fealt so ashamed in my life.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Blood Eagle]

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Blood Eagle]

new topics

join