It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC Collapse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hi All.

I've read alot about the theories of the WTC collapse on here. Recently the thread about a being nuked from underneath. Some pretty extreme stuff.

While reading this stuff it occured to me that some very simple questions had not been asked (to my knowledge) which could be far more damning.

1) Given that the WTC has stood for how ever many years, what is the expected life span of a building of that type?

2) If the building had been well maintained what would the refurbishment costs have been?

3) If the building was poorly maintained (as I believe it was, due to some discovery channel docs) what would the price of refurbishment been?

4) If the cost of refurbishment was prohibitive, what would the cost of demolition have been? Would it even have been possible with all the surrounding buildings? Would it have needed to be dismantled piece by piece just as it was assembled? How much would this have cost in terms of man power and time?

5) What if the building could not have been repaired due to cost and had to be torn down, would this cause embaressment or be seen as a sign of the USA's economic weakness?

Could anyone help me with any answers to these questions?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I originally posted:

"Your insane."

Unfortunately the board deemed this to short to be a worthy response, no matter how accurate so here's my alternative post.

Your theory concerning the reasons behind the world trade centre attack are so far removed from anything a rational human being could consider to be plausible that I have no other reaction other than to state that you are quite irrevocably off your head, psychologically divergent, Coo-coo, Wacko, utterly brain fu*ked in short, mad as 2 badgers in a sack.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Silverstein already confirmed that WTC7 was pulled down deliberatly, so the whole idea doens't sound that insane to me.
How to kill 10 flies with only one smash...

try reading these...
www.rense.com...
www.rense.com...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
OK The Last Free Man...nice board name by the way...here are some links for you that may help you out or you just simply may enjoy reading them:

Rense.com article

prisonplanet.com

I may have some more for you later but I have to search for them. Also why does this board have to have people who insult and belittle other board members? It's OK to disagree with someone and post counter arguments, etc. But to ridicule and insult someone? I'm beginning to have my doubts about joing up here. Hey Simon his ideas or no more insane than many other "ideas" circulating on the net. Furthermore he did not say that his posting was his theory. The thread he has read here at ATS has generated some very good questions in his mind and he merely posted them here. Geesh.....I wonder how many other folks would love to post at ATS but are terrified of being cruicified?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Tomashi...you beat me to the punch on one of those links.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
you're welcome, starlight_rebel...
things that sound insane in my & other "normal" peoples ears aren't necessarily that crazy to those who have zillions of $$$ to gain/save, eh?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"Hey Simon his ideas or no more insane than many other "ideas" circulating on the net. "

No, seriously, they are.

I can have an open mind about "UFO's" no one has provided convincing evidence for or against extra terrestrial intelligence.

I can consider a governmental plot to destroy the WTC for some political reason, Its far fetched but its not beyond the realms of human possibility.

The idea of a new world run by an ancient blood line of reptilian aliens bent on taking over the planet seems pretty unlikely but Hell, Hitler wanted a NWO, why not royal lizards.

But when people start hinting that someone flew planes into the world trade centre because the price of renovating it would have been to expensive ?

er...

no.

If he's suggesting that charges were part of the initial super structure for ease of demolition at a later date, fair do's.

Blowing it up because its cheaper than plastering over the cracks ?

u-uh.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon
I originally posted:

"Your insane."

Unfortunately the board deemed this to short to be a worthy response, no matter how accurate so here's my alternative post.

Your theory concerning the reasons behind the world trade centre attack are so far removed from anything a rational human being could consider to be plausible that I have no other reaction other than to state that you are quite irrevocably off your head, psychologically divergent, Coo-coo, Wacko, utterly brain fu*ked in short, mad as 2 badgers in a sack.

Firstly this is not a theory, they are questions. Big difference, surely someone as with your genius would know the difference.

Secondly, I believe most of the things in this world happen for economic reasons, not because a bunch of dimension jumping aliens have seized control of humanity and through covert means have enslaved the whole of the world.

What I'd like to know is did anyone profit from the collapse, even indirectly.

Think insurance money, land ownership, future development profits and the fact that if the building was in a state of disrepair and needed to come down (now or some time in the future) someone certainly found a cheap way to do it. 2 aircraft and several thousand disposable mammals(please note, I personally don't consider the victims disposable mammals), against many 10's of millions of dollars.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh, goody, another WTC thread!

BTW, I consider ANYTHING published on Rense to be highly questionable, that goes for Prison planet also.

As for one of the original questions:

Other than those that are specially designed as temporary structures, buildings are not designed with lifespans in mind.

Building components may have an operating lifespan, Roofs, Boilers, fans, etc. But the building is usually designed so that these things can be replaced indefinitely. There are many buildings in the U.S. that are 200 plus years old and still in use.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
How may 200 year old steel structures?

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by HowardRoark]

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by The Last Free Man]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
[ I can consider a governmental plot to destroy the WTC for some political reason, Its far fetched but its not beyond the realms of human possibility.

Guess what, politics and economics are directly related.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There are a number of skyscrapers / steel framed buildings that are close to 100 years old. Although these were built differently than modern buildings.

An interesting thread on the subject.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

"Hey Simon his ideas or no more insane than many other "ideas" circulating on the net. "

No, seriously, they are.

Insanity is a strong term and I'm guessing you're not a qualified shrink. So, your label of insanity is only relative to your own thought processes. Or in other words, invalid.

I can consider a governmental plot to destroy the WTC for some political reason, Its far fetched but its not beyond the realms of human possibility.

But when people start hinting that someone flew planes into the world trade centre because the price of renovating it would have been to expensive ?

er...

no.

If he's suggesting that charges were part of the initial super structure for ease of demolition at a later date, fair do's.

Blowing it up because its cheaper than plastering over the cracks ?

u-uh.

Admittedly, his ideas are out of the box. But sometimes that's the only way to get nearer the truth.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think that when you combine the ideas that The Last Free Man posted added to questionable trader activity coupled with the potiential billions $ to be further gained by contol of the oil reserves in Iraq and lucrative rebuilding contracts....nothing should be dismissed out right. 9-11 and the War on terriorism has cost a fortune in lives and material...but potentially billions could have been made and still may be made. Oh yea what's wrong with another WTC thread? ATS is huge and sometimes you don't catch other postings on other threads in other forums. I know I don't and I know I have a life outside of the Internet and ATS so I don't stay on here 24/7 to know every single thread posted...I doubt The Last Free Man doesn't either. Probably the mods will lock this thread even if it gets interesting. It's happened to me.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
One last thought...I know that a lot of things posted on Rense.com and others are questionable. But so is a lot of the stuff posted here at ATS at times.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
"Insanity is a strong term and I'm guessing you're not a qualified shrink."

guess again doodle!
genuine certified bonifide shrink at your service.
And if I'm being professional about it, no its not "insane" its a fertile imagination coupled with a paranoid psychosis.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So Simon are you going to ask The Last Free Man for his mailing address so you can send him a bill for your services?
By the way I have this recurring and disturbing dream....how much do you charge by the hour?

Just having a little fun...

[Edited on 5/28/2004 by Starlight_Rebel]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

guess again doodle!
And if I'm being professional about it, no its not "insane" its a fertile imagination coupled with a paranoid psychosis.

My apologies. My point still stands though, thinking out of the box is the only way forward.

The presence of paranoia does not make an individuals ideas incorrect.

Many say Einstein was paranoid but he is still one of the best minds of the 20th century.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

guess again doodle!

So dude, what your point.

I have a masters in Psychology. Whoopie.

Maybe starting your posts with the words HONK or BLINK is not totally normal.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

guess again doodle!

psychosis? that's still a little strong, 'doc'.
hangin' around with looney toons all day can't be good for your judgement. rational thought is allowed outside the media generated box, mr. quixdraw mcinsult. especially here. you must have a great restraint-bedside manner.
now HERE'S psychosis.....
the illumuniati never perform a global ceremony with only one purpose. the dates and locations are chosen using numerology. but, the real purpose wasn't to take down the building. it was to shock and awe and strike fear into the world. this is how you start WW3(or 4, depending on how you count). this is how you destroy the constitution and replace it with . this is how you 'usher in a new world order'. this is how you steer the mass mind. this is how you lockdown on the free exchange of info(keep those fingers in the dike, boys. you might wanna start looking for sandbags).
this is also a great opportunity to make HUGE profits through, insider trading, 'defense' and 'security' contracts, construction contracts, employment of weapons whose shelf-life is almost up(which justifys the initial cost of purchase, as well as the cost of replacement), ....and to save huge amounts by not taking down two asbestos ridden twin white elephants using the prescribed safe, but cost-prohibitive, method.
welcome to 1984. we'll get that invisible shifting enemy yet, or i'm not the director of the ministry of truth!
ya know what i think is crazy? being so bloody cocksure that your 'truth' is THE 'truth' in this vast infomire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join