It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Desecrate Wiccan Religious Site at Air Force Academy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
They desecrated a religious site by placing a cross there?

Sorry but I can't stop......

I bet when the rock worshipers showed up they were very upset! "Oh my rock, someone put a cross by our group of rocks." Rock damn them!

First I get tired of people that are ignorant of a religion putting that religion down. Second of all we are not rock worshipers. The Stone Circle is a holy place to Pagans just like a church, temple, mosque would be to other religions.
While I think that just placing a cross inside the circle has gotten a little blown out of proportion I also know that the same kind of incidint in a major religious institution here in the US would most likely be considered a hate crime.
I consider myself solitary and don't normally participate in public rituals, but religious freedom should apply equally across the board, and any desecration of a religious site by a member of another faith is still just repugnant and intolerant.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I didn't say the pagens were pushing this as a hate crime, I just said "they".

Need to read the entire post before pushing, "submit".

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Do you also think it's stupid to have government-paid Christian churches on a military base?

Just curious.

Funny, I don't recall anything in my post that called that story, "stupid".

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

They built Christian churches with government money. This was a case of they moved some stones and made two circles. Hardly the amount of money used to build churches on the ground. Religious tolerance is something that Christians have never understood (part of the foundation of The USA). If you want to get right down to it there is truly only one Holy and Apostolic Church in this world. That would be Catholicism. The rest were made up. I say let the Earth Worshipers have their site. Other than one book that says Christ is the savior, there is no proof that any of it exists.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by floppynoodleson666

Why does anyone need special built worship areas?

Simple. Wiccans worship outside, and we like rock circles, they hold the power that we raise. Unlike Christians, who meet in a building filled with expense stuff like stain glass, gold cups and stuff, and that big cross with the dead man on it.
(Edited for content found offensive to some)

[edit on 4-2-2010 by autowrench]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

We don't bother them, why are they bothering the Wiccans? They need to cast a spell on them, I would.

OK I'm pagan and not Wiccan, but I do know that as a Wiccan folks follow the rule "An it harm none...do what ye will." Casting a spell on people and claiming to be Wiccan do not go together. Folks please don't let this comment be representative of true Wiccan beliefs.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by For Truth

Actually, I really don't care if it was built with government funds, I was addressing the OPs statement about religion being a private matter, yet they had a special-built site. If it's private, why have something in public?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirTravers

Originally posted by Carseller4
They desecrated a religious site by placing a cross there?

Sorry but I can't stop......

I bet when the rock worshipers showed up they were very upset! "Oh my rock, someone put a cross by our group of rocks." Rock damn them!

First I get tired of people that are ignorant of a religion putting that religion down. Second of all we are not rock worshipers. The Stone Circle is a holy place to Pagans just like a church, temple, mosque would be to other religions.
While I think that just placing a cross inside the circle has gotten a little blown out of proportion I also know that the same kind of incidint in a major religious institution here in the US would most likely be considered a hate crime.
I consider myself solitary and don't normally participate in public rituals, but religious freedom should apply equally across the board, and any desecration of a religious site by a member of another faith is still just repugnant and intolerant.

Thank you for your response. I gave a rather detailed statement very much like yours, then the f****** power went out and I lost all of the three pages of god damn text. Any way, carry on...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

No, but the reply was in response to Blaine's. Look and see what Blaine said and your reply to it and then you will understand how one could deduct that you were insinuating that the pagans were pushing this issue.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Funny, I don't recall anything in my post that called that story, "stupid".

Just curious.

Hmmm it seems like you didn't like my question. Though I didn't say you said the story itself was stupid. But I'll rephrase my question.

Were you the one that put the cross in the ground?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Why aren't they calling it what it is, terrorism. That was the point of the act right? To terrorize the Pagans and make them feel uncomfortable. What is the difference between putting a cross on the shrine this time and next time lighting that cross on fire?

It was a terrorist act pure and simple, and those that are responsible for it should be tried just like a terrorist.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

from TheWalkingFox
The people who put this cross up were christians.

Prove it.

I have not seen one whit, one iota, one speck of evidence that the perps of this act were Christians.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please post it. Otherwise, deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Just a point. I'm going to treat this like any other crime, this is called circumstantial evidence. In other words, Christians could have done it. Or any group wanting to villianous Christians. Ie. any agenda against them. All I 've read is the circumstial evidence. I learnt when I was young that this wasn't proof of anything. And in a police state, which is seemingly upon you, any political agenda is set up by framing people.
Maybe it was Christians, but they would not like the Christians I've ever met, who are a pretty gentle giving group of people.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Bullying and terrorism are not the same thing.

You need to lay off the crack.

Originally posted by whatukno
Why aren't they calling it what it is, terrorism. That was the point of the act right? To terrorize the Pagans and make them feel uncomfortable. What is the difference between putting a cross on the shrine this time and next time lighting that cross on fire?

It was a terrorist act pure and simple, and those that are responsible for it should be tried just like a terrorist.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Depends on the spell. However, intent rules all in the use of will.

It bears noting that not all Wiccans are very well versed in the Craft. One can be of the Craft without being Wiccan, and be Wiccan without being a practicioner of the Craft.

If one unethically cannot fathom the mine field of a spell of this nature, the may run afoul of the Law of Three.

Originally posted by SirTravers

We don't bother them, why are they bothering the Wiccans? They need to cast a spell on them, I would.

OK I'm pagan and not Wiccan, but I do know that as a Wiccan folks follow the rule "An it harm none...do what ye will." Casting a spell on people and claiming to be Wiccan do not go together. Folks please don't let this comment be representative of true Wiccan beliefs.

[edit on 2010/2/4 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

REAL ones are. You see,in order to be a true Christian, one must live, as close as possible, to the way Christ did.

1. Live and let live.

2. Be charitable and caring

3. Turn the other cheek

4.Live a life of servitude.

et cetera.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Bullying and terrorism are not the same thing.

The act was done to promote terror, fear, and make people wary of Christian retaliation. The cross is not only a religious symbol, but a symbol of a torturous painful death. Perhaps the terrorist Christians who put up that cross wanted to portray the message that if these Pagans kept worshiping the way they were, they would end up on a cross in some holy crusade.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Strange that the pagan's would be so offended. But alas, a kingdom divided against itself will not stand...

I'm sure that not one paagan complained about this, it was set up and given to the media to incite more distrust and ignorance about us and shed a negative light unto our beleifs, as I have stated before, people need to educate themselves... It's media propeganda, at it's worse and I don't know why any intellectual person can't see that!!!!

I concur with that notion. I believe you are right. That is why I said, "Strange that the pagan's would be so offended."

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Anyone who desecrates the religious site of another has committed a sin against his fellow human being.

Everyone has the right to their own beliefs.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by TarzanBeta

It's a cross. At an airforce academy.

if you find a toothbrush shiv on the floor of a prison, you can reasonably guess a prisoner dropped it, right?

If you find a turd at a dog shelter, odds are it came from a dog.

If you see a cross at an airforce academy, odds are, it came from a Christian.

You don't suppose one of the Jewish cadets put it up, do you?

A good investigator wouldn't make so many assumptions and would not follow the faked tracks right off the cliff.

Now please tell me what happened if you were there. If not, then simply debate the possibilities like everyone else.

I've seen a lot of wisdom on this thread... and it is being perfectly balanced with a great deal of fake intelligence.

Look at the title of the thread. "Christians Desecrate Wiccan Religious Site at Air Force Academy".

First of all, true Christians do not participate in war. Secondly, as has been pointed out many times, the cross IS a pagan symbol. Thirdly, what is HOLY about any part of an Air Force Academy? What is sanctified that it might be desecrated?

As others have pointed out already, this is media manipulation.

Is there any other reason here why this thread is important?

Edit because I spelled "were" "weere" and I was really not trying to draw out that "e" sound. It's my least favorite vowel anywhow.

[edit on 2/5/2010 by TarzanBeta]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join