It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Desecrate Wiccan Religious Site at Air Force Academy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by CelticFire417

Plain fact is, most people are jerks, no matter what they worship, and pretending that one religion in particular is especially jerk-free by definition is laughable.

Everyone take note of the above paragraph. This guy hit the nail on the head. /end thread

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by brainwrek
Religion is a private matter, why cant morons like those who put the cross up comprehend that?

Then why did the Wiccans need a special built (with government funds) outdoor worship area if religion is a private matter?

Uhh, you realize they already have a church, a mosque, etc., ...... right?

I remember reading the news thread about this being added there, and I was glad to see the story. I'm not a wiccan/witch myself but I have Celtic ancestors and identify with Celtic culture and the old druids. Like I said on that thread, I love the back-to-roots thing with mysticism today.

Then you have these Christian zealots immediately lifting their leg on it.

Christianity needs to die already for God's sake.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Remember Christians, you're losing the battle. You know why? Because your outmoded, evil and bigoted religion is obsolete.

The next time you want to defile something that belongs to someone else, try doing it to other Christians, get a taste of your own sick medicine. Then you might realise that you have an illness, and seek help.

They might get a taste of their own medicine back whether they intend it or not.

I just said I had Celtic ancestors, well they had such a bitch of a time trying to convert my ancestors that they even had to adapt their own holidays and try to sneak a Christian spin on them over time, the only reason they honored "Saint Patrick" and all that. They killed a lot of my ancestors too. It's way in the past but I still won't forget it or forgive it. This is the same freaking religion still at it today. I am TELLING you people, all this religion is good for is spitting out brainwashed zealots that are incapable of thinking outside of their half-nonsense Bible. There is no difference from fundamentalist Muslims from what I am seeing. There is not a single moral Christianity teaches that you can't find elsewhere. Oh yeah, besides the "believe in Jesus or you'll go to hell" B. S.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ENOUGH with the personal attacks! The topic is: Christians Desecrate Wiccan Religious Site at Air Force Academy. Either stick to the topic and not each other, or this thread will close. From here on out, all personal attacks or anything that is not about the article itself, will be actioned.

Thank you.

[edit on February 4th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I think you will find that without the personal attacks this thread will loose its steam quite quickly, quite sad really

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
So you think that taking a hike outside in a public area and putting a cross in the ground is the same as breaking and entering into a private place and vandalizing it?

When that place outside is a Dedicated Wiccan Religious Site, you bet your bippy it's EXACTLY the same... Both are equally disrespectful... The difference is that I would never do the latter, while as to the former...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wiccans should feel happy that Christians put a cross up; it's not like the cross was stolen from pagans in the first place or anything.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Religion is a private matter, why cant morons like those who put the cross up comprehend that?

Then why did the Wiccans need a special built (with government funds) outdoor worship area if religion is a private matter?

Because Wiccans worship OUTDOORS...

Even a lazy amount of research would have you given you that information.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by Carseller4
So you think that taking a hike outside in a public area and putting a cross in the ground is the same as breaking and entering into a private place and vandalizing it?

When that place outside is a Dedicated Wiccan Religious Site, you bet your bippy it's EXACTLY the same... Both are equally disrespectful... The difference is that I would never do the latter, while as to the former...

I agree it is exactly the same. By the opposing logic any Indian sacred ground is just "the outdoors" and holds no spiritual or sacred value at all. Guess you need 4 walls and a cross for something to be sacred. hmm...didn't know, guess I learned something today

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The trials in Salem were not about paganism at all and while as a Wiccan I am sorry people died, none of them were anything but Christians. They were the last vestige of the Burning Times. Research has shown that the trials were the tangled result of politics, religion, family feuds, economics and people's imaginations.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

The irony is that, an instrument of torture has been used to desecrate a place of worship in a place that trains one human to kill another.

Sometimes it gets harder to sleep.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It isn't desecration.

It may be bullying.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CelticFire417

That's a shame. Really doubt it was any true Christian believers though,

I think it's well passed time we had a clear cut unambiguous definition of what the hell a " Trues Christian" is.

It's all well and good passing the blame for the desecration onto the "Not true xtians" but this seems to happen quite a lot (actually all the time) .So instead of the rest of us having to enter into never ending mind numbing episodes of proselytizing how about the xtians creating a list of the attributes that constitute the description of a "true christian" so the right people can be spoken to and hung.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Its obvious that wiccans are crazy anyhow. Why cant they just be reasonable? And join the christians in worshipping a cosmic zombie jew, who is is own father? Why cant they just join the christians in telepathically accepting him as their master, so that he may remove the dark force from their soul that was placed there by a rib woman who was convinced by a talking snake to eat a fruit from a magic tree? Why cant the crazy wiccans just accept all this obvious reasonable and historically accurate truth?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
It isn't desecration.

It may be bullying.

I agree with bullying so why is it not desecration ?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
first, being a Christian has nothing to do with antagonizing other people of other faiths and yes, there is no shortage of people who identify with religions that are indeed "jerks" lol.

so, it wasn't christians who erected the cross, it was simply jerks.

i do not agree with spending one public penny on any religious accommodation and I would also remove any aspect of litigation for belief systems or religions which are not founded on anything factual or tangible at all and instead are "mere beliefs".

I am offended at the idea of any of my hard earned taxes going to any charity or religion or the IMF to enslave some other nation in debt.

let the religious types have their fights. with any luck they can all mutually destroy each other and the rest of us can get on with reality.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Because neopagans and Wiccans are generally of the belief that all divinity is everywhere and all god/desses are aspects of each other.

Therefore, the Christ is a perfectly acceptable face of God.

Usually, neopagans and Wiccans are not upset with Jesus. They have issues with Christians and the bad behaviour of Christians in history. This would stem from two sources, the first being that most neopagans and Wiccans live in Christian dominant societies, and secondly that Christianity has been the main force in their ethnic background that drove paganism out often through less than kindly ways.

However, one must draw the distinction between people being angry at a face of God, and one being critical of those who claim to be Gods' representatives.

Originally posted by moocowman

Originally posted by Aeons
It isn't desecration.

It may be bullying.

I agree with bullying so why is it not desecration ?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Sigh..... theyre almost getting as bad as muslims when it comes to attempting to impose their views on others.

Almost? When was the last time you came across a Muslim missionary? Never I bet. Christians are THE worst when it comes to this stuff.

Just sayin'

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

so, it wasn't christians who erected the cross, it was simply jerks.

How do you know this, were you there ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join