It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Desecrate Wiccan Religious Site at Air Force Academy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
On the desecration: many Christians love to claim they are being persecuted while many others can't seem to make room for any religion but their own.

Funny.

Not ridiculing others religious beliefs go: This is a nonsensical idea. Just because it is a "religion" does not mean we have to not speak about it negatively, not criticize it, or not say it's utterly foolish untrue nonsense. The idea that religion has any kind of special category is garbage.

On the Air Force Academy: In reality, they are going the wrong direction. They could save a lot of time and money by simple removing religious institutions from their campuses lest they have to provide worship areas for every religion that comes down the pike.

Give them time to worship as they wish and allow use of meeting areas in a fair way. Let them work it out.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
Finding a wooden cross in a place built by Christians for Pagans sounds to me more of some left over Christmas use of a Cross that some Air Force Cadets pledging some Academy frat club initiation left behind or left behind when drunk running around naked in cold weather on their Academy pledge run.

Other than the fact the AFA doesn't have frats or pledge runs, you're probably right. This was probably a prank.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Your right it is the pot calling the kettle black. I am just sick of persecution of my kind whether it be murder or just stupid things like this. And if baffles me how people are still attacking us for no reason.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Give them time to worship as they wish and allow use of meeting areas in a fair way. Let them work it out.

At the AFA, the chapel has Catholic, Buddist, Protestant and I think Jewish all under one roof (this is the big chapel everyone has seen pictures of). I'm not sure where the Muslims were at; I think they had such a small number there the just had a small room in another building for them.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by jerico65

The same reason Christian have a church there, with government money.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by brainwrek

That wasn't a desecration. Childish and annoying yes. But hardly a descration as there are Christian Wiccans.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
People always say that you can't compare muslim extremists with christian extremists because we don't blow up stuff or behead etc.., I say christian can be worse.

Christians put up a cross at a Wiccan site.

Muslim extremist behead prisoners.

Yeah, I can see how they are the same.

And how could they get away with this at the AFA? You wouldn't believe what some of the cadets have done in the way of pranks under the "watchful eyes" of the TAc Officers.

Actually it was the same, both sent a message saying WE ARE RIGHT AND YOU SHOULD WATCH WHAT YOU DO OR WHAT YOU SAY AROUND US THAT DOESN'T CONFORM TO OUR VIEW OF THE UNIVERSE. It's called intimidation and/or cowering a person or group from not doing something that the other group finds offensive. Also I guess you must have left out what those christian preachers said about slavery, because when it was getting started in this country in earnest many of their flock was confused and thought it was wrong and what was said to them was that the black man was a decendant of one of abrahams or noahs sons and that the black "stain" was punishement. And to add on top of that they weren't considered human. And so we had a few centuries of brutal slavery and the disenfranchisement of a whole people. Maybe I should have said it a little clearer, christians are able to institutionalize their hate and intolerance much better, heck in some muslim countries they where able to live side by side with other religions.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

At the AFA, the chapel has Catholic, Buddist, Protestant and I think Jewish all under one roof (this is the big chapel everyone has seen pictures of). I'm not sure where the Muslims were at; I think they had such a small number there the just had a small room in another building for them.

Yeah? And?

To say it plainly, it's a waste of money.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Yeah? And?

To say it plainly, it's a waste of money.

You underestimate the morale of the troops. Some people need religion to keep up morale. It could be considered a good investment.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Somebody allegedly placed a cross at a Wiccan worshipping site.

I have seen absolutely NO proof that this alleged act was commited by "Christians".

Given that, I am not surprised that the ATS community immediately fell into the typical "My god is better than your god" pissing contest. Nice job.

My gut tells me that this Weinstein guy knows more than he is saying; he is so anxious to have the story placed on the front page.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Certainly they are.The Muslims and Christians both are flipping their proverbial finger at the rest of the world. They are basically saying, "If you can't believe exactly what we believe, then forget you." That's alright though. The day of reckoning is coming for both of these warlike religions, and it is approaching quickly.

They, Muslims and "Christians," are only throwing fuel on a fire already raging out of control. They just don't realize it yet. Oh, but they will. They will.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Well, I could ask you a simple question. Why does any religion? What makes the Jews, Christians and Muslims any more worthy of an area of worship than anyone else?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

...but real Christians would never do this.

I actually agree with that to a degree.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
You underestimate the morale of the troops. Some people need religion to keep up morale. It could be considered a good investment.

Actually I don't underestimate it. Some content even having military religious people/institutions is unConstitutional.

I would think there would be oceans of volunteers out there willing to do it for free. No? We could just tell them that if they died, they would have a grand place in heaven for dying for the lord.

Plus, where does it end? All need to be treated fairly yes? We should facilitate all if we facilitate some if we are to have an unbiased government.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So this is all bull.

You can't desecrate something that is not holy so it is not like painting a pentagram on a Church. A cross is a holy relic, a pagan site is one that is given over to worshiping the dark forces, if anything the site desecrated the cross.

Besides, if even one pagan got the message and abandoned their ways and became saved, it was worth it. It's a abomination that this got as far as it did. What next? A government funded altar for Satanists so they can do human sacrifice.

Enough is enough. If Americans don't stand up for right against spiritual evil, then we will regret it when we experience his wrath.

Guess this is what you find in obamas People's republick of the United states

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by superrat

It's posts like yours that give people the impression that all Christians are intolerant or bigoted -- I'm sure this is not the impression you would want to give.

Perhaps it might be useful to actually find out about paganism and how it and Christianity have co-existed and even influenced each other over the centuries before assuming that the two are mutually antagonistic.

I may not be a Christian, but there are many in that faith who I respect as honest people of faith and compassion who strive to live higher lives in every way they can. I'm sure that any of them would be appalled at this act of desecration and would see it as contrary to the teachings of their own faith.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by superrat
So this is all bull.

You can't desecrate something that is not holy so it is not like painting a pentagram on a Church. A cross is a holy relic, a pagan site is one that is given over to worshiping the dark forces, if anything the site desecrated the cross.

According to what?Tradition?
# tradition!!!!

You want to talk spiritual darkness? Let's talk about how so-called "Christians" and Muslims have strove to keep humanity in spiritiual darkness for the past 1700 years;the Muslims have only been on the scene for a little over 1300 years, but they have certainly played a major role with their vengeful, rageful, hateful God bull#! Oh,but let's not speak of that.

People are awakening. I suggest you do the same.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 4-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Reply to post by superrat

Tell me. This is with the assumption that you think Pagans worship your devil with your reference to "dark forces" errr whatever. How does one worship a being that you don't believe in? And further more how does a reverance for nature and affirmation of ALL life equate to evil. To paraphrase your messiah, you know not what you say.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
They desecrated a religious site by placing a cross there?

Really?

Sorry but I can't stop......

I bet when the rock worshipers showed up they were very upset! "Oh my rock, someone put a cross by our group of rocks." Rock damn them!

I'm still.......

From you, I would expect such a childish reply... Would you be laughing so hard if a group of Pagans went around drawing pentacles in Christian Churches??? No, I'd bet you would be calling for the death penalty...

Get educated before shoving your foot down your throat... Your ignorance here is mind-numbing...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by superrat

Until you actually educate yourself on Wiccan Beliefs, SHUT THE HELL UP! I would suggest The Complete Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft, should be about your speed...

Sorry, but this kind of uneducated, ignorant crap really ticks me off... You make wild accusations with no basis in fact whatsoever...

Unlike Christianity, Wicca has no dark agenda... We have no Satan, no Hell, and we do not attempt to convert others, especially through FEAR, like the Christians do! This thread is reaking havoc on my blood pressure... I'm out!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join