It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Desecrate Wiccan Religious Site at Air Force Academy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The Air Force Academy, stung several years ago by accusations of Christian bias, has built a new outdoor worship area for pagans and other practitioners of Earth-based religions. But its opening, heralded as a sign of a more tolerant religious climate at the academy in Colorado Springs, Colo., was marred by the discovery two weeks ago of a large wooden cross placed there. ‘We’ve been making great progress at the Air Force Academy. This is clearly a setback,’ said Mikey Weinstein, a 1977 graduate of the academy. He is founder of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and has often tangled with the academy over such issues.

Read more

Sigh..... theyre almost getting as bad as muslims when it comes to attempting to impose their views on others.

What a bunch of pathetic losers.

Religion is a private matter, why cant morons like those who put the cross up comprehend that?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by brainwrek]

[edit on 3-2-2010 by brainwrek]

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
Religion is a private matter, why cant morons like those who put the cross up comprehend that?

Then why did the Wiccans need a special built (with government funds) outdoor worship area if religion is a private matter?

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I would totally support erasing all indications of religion from public. No churches, no mosques, no temples, no wiccan areas, nothing.

That being said, if the christians have churches at the AFA, the other groups also have the right to have their places of worship.

Its about time for a "Dont ask, dont tell" policy concerning religion.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Then why did the Wiccans need a special built (with government funds)
outdoor worship area if religion is a private matter?

1) They don't have the benefit of hundreds of years of history of special, government funded military chaplains.

2) If you were a follower of an earth-based religion, do you think you would prefer to do your thing indoors or outdoors?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Then why did the Wiccans need a special built (with government funds) outdoor worship area if religion is a private matter?

Why does anyone need special built worship areas?

I am sure it is against the law to go to a christian church and draw pentagrams all over the place. Thats just as bad as putting crosses at a pagan worship area.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by floppynoodleson666

Thats just as bad as putting crosses at a pagan worship area.

Remember that some pagans are still a bit upset over the Salem witch trials. Putting a cross in a pagan shrine is right up there with putting a swastika in a synagogue.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
its the comfort of religious people that dictates their actions. All religous people are the same. Christians will devolve into rocket lauching hezbola imitators as soon as the economy crashes....

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

All I have to say it's typical. Oh so great to be a good christian in America...oh wait that's an oxymoron!

But honestly, we use the cross as a symbol too, it doesn't bother us, so not too intelligent either. LOL!

[edit on 3-2-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

This was sanctioned by the brass in the Academy, I'll bet my last dollar. I was in the military for many years, and you couldn't or wouldn't do something that open and in full view of the installation without the go ahead of a superior officer or officers. After hearing what have been going on at the Airforce Academy over the years in regard to Jewish faith and others with the evangelicals and such, it doesn't suprise me. People always say that you can't compare muslim extremists with christian extremists because we don't blow up stuff or behead etc.., I say christian can be worse. What they do is to pass laws and infiltrate into a system in order to make it an arm of it's believe system. Also if you have to answer a question like that by saying that ours don't do this but theirs do that, your an extremists of the highest order because they are saying the same thing to the christians. You see one mans religious extremists is another mans holy warrior and vice a versa. Just with the Tiller execution at his church on abortion issues the man grabbed onto religion and went after a person in order to make clear his groups believe over the LAW. He shot him and we didn't consider him a terrorists. Then when we have people making threats of doing this or that to govt. installations and such and or going after people because their views don't match mine or my group we don't call it terrorism, why don't we do it?

It's because we show empathy or feel something to people that look like our group or believe in our beliefs, so if we put them down we in reality put ourselves down. It's hypocrisy to the core, and the idiots don't even know how badly they are destroying this country. Democracies are terribly fragile and where a republic. When tyranny of one form or another takes hold, look out. Because as a people we truly haven't been in a tyrannical religous and/or dictator type of govt. system. When or if that day comes, people will finally realize how this tool can easily be used against the people who are behind the system. We are fools for letting hate and intolerance keep up, and where going to pay a big price in not curtailing it publically and privately.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The people who did this might call themselves Christian...
...but real Christians would never do this.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
They desecrated a religious site by placing a cross there?

Really?

Sorry but I can't stop......

I bet when the rock worshipers showed up they were very upset! "Oh my rock, someone put a cross by our group of rocks." Rock damn them!

I'm still.......

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Really?

I bet when the rock worshipers showed up they were very upset! "Oh my rock, someone put a cross by our group of rocks." Rock damn them!

I'm still.......

You are not very nice.
I mean really.
Don't mock others religious beliefs.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I would totally support erasing all indications of religion from public. No churches, no mosques, no temples, no wiccan areas, nothing.

That being said, if the christians have churches at the AFA, the other groups also have the right to have their places of worship.

Its about time for a "Dont ask, dont tell" policy concerning religion.

I believe you should move to mainland China.They will welcome some one with your views with open arms.

The U.S. was partially found by people trying to avoided religious persecution.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The word desecrate does not apply to this article. While a previous historical Christian incident has been cited in the article of material, it has no bearing unless to set the premise that Christians have been guilty and are therefore most suspect and are probably most guilty of this heinous crime of so called desecration. What a joke.

Finding a wooden cross in a place built by Christians for Pagans sounds to me more of some left over Christmas use of a Cross that some Air Force Cadets pledging some Academy frat club initiation left behind or left behind when drunk running around naked in cold weather on their Academy pledge run. A prank at best but whether a Christian is responsible for this or not, it would be most infantile to paint all Christians by the actions of the one if indeed a suspect is apprehended and later found to be a Christian acting in a manner consistent with Christian beliefs, it would still be a personal crime and not some Christian conspiracy orchestrated by nefarious forces of the Pope.

Good try, but if you're the type that would use certain words to paint a certain group in a negative light, then you're most likely a blood sucking vampire that needs a wooden stake in the heart. Since we would have to open your casket and then apply the vampire remedy of the wooden stake to your black heart, only then would the word "desecrate" be applicable. Violating your casket to rid the planet of one more vampire would be an act of desecration, but when your dealing with demons and evil, being polite has no value and in such circumstances, desecration would not be a crime at all.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Really?

I'm still.......

So, you wouldn't mind me painting a pentagram on the walls of your church, then? Mighty tolerant of you.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Really?

I'm still.......

So, you wouldn't mind me painting a pentagram on the walls of your church, then? Mighty tolerant of you.

None of us would do that, but I guess that's why we were so easily converted/overtaken way back in the day!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Really?

I'm still.......

You would be breaking and entering sir. Whoever did this was outdoors and simply placed a cross on the ground. I'm assuming this is a public place....is it not?

link   

Really?

I'm still.......

What is wrong with you? I am a Pagan and take that with serious offense.
We do not worship rocks, I guess it is bad to believe that all of nature is sacred. You are probably some crazy protestant who hates everyone who is not white, christian, republicans. You are just ignorant and ignorance should never be tolerated in an intellectual place such as ATS. Since I am a Pagan I am inclide to allow you your right to say whatever idiotic words you desire.

link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
People always say that you can't compare muslim extremists with christian extremists because we don't blow up stuff or behead etc.., I say christian can be worse.

Christians put up a cross at a Wiccan site.

Muslim extremist behead prisoners.

Yeah, I can see how they are the same.

And how could they get away with this at the AFA? You wouldn't believe what some of the cadets have done in the way of pranks under the "watchful eyes" of the TAc Officers.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
What is wrong with you? I am a Pagan and take that with serious offense.
We do not worship rocks, I guess it is bad to believe that all of nature is sacred. You are probably some crazy protestant who hates everyone who is not white, christian, republicans. You are just ignorant and ignorance should never be tolerated in an intellectual place such as ATS. Since I am a Pagan I am inclide to allow you your right to say whatever idiotic words you desire.

You call him ignorant, then you make this statement?

Pot, meet kettle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join