It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Dems:Turn off CNN,Turn off Fox

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

At today's question and answer session between President Obama and his former Democratic colleagues in the Senate, members got a bit of unexpected TV-viewing advice from the Commander in Chief: stop watching politics on TV.

Perhaps he’d prefer they tune into WhiteHouse.gov?

The president’s advice came in answer to a question from Sen. Mike Bennet, D-CO, who is facing a difficult re-election fight back home and wanted to know what Democrats and Republicans can do "to fix this institution so that our democracy can actually withstand the test that we're facing right now."

"You know what I think would actually make a difference, Michael? I think if everybody here -- excuse all the members of the press who are here -- if everybody here turned off your CNN, your Fox, your blogs," Obama said, before being interrupted by Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-CA, who piped up, "And MSNBC!"

Obama tells Dems what to not watch on tv

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Grayelf2009]

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Posting Work From External Sources

edit on 7/11/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Note--Proper Formatting & Thread Creation

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well there you have it . More proof that the Goverment is running scared.

God forbid the serfs gain knowledge and threaten the land of plenty.

Too bad we can't turn him off.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well, one thing is for certain...If the politicians ever quit worrying about what political analysts think and stop worrying about their next election and started using their own hearts, minds and gut instincts to make decisions, then we would all be a lot better off.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009

At today's question and answer session between President Obama and his former Democratic colleagues in the Senate, members got a bit of unexpected TV-viewing advice from the Commander in Chief: stop watching politics on TV.

Perhaps he’d prefer they tune into WhiteHouse.gov?

The president’s advice came in answer to a question from Sen. Mike Bennet, D-CO, who is facing a difficult re-election fight back home and wanted to know what Democrats and Republicans can do "to fix this institution so that our democracy can actually withstand the test that we're facing right now."

"You know what I think would actually make a difference, Michael? I think if everybody here -- excuse all the members of the press who are here -- if everybody here turned off your CNN, your Fox, your blogs," Obama said, before being interrupted by Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-CA, who piped up, "And MSNBC!"

Obama, appropriately reminded of the network with shows more friendly to liberals, continued, "Just turn off the TV -- MSNBC, blogs -- and just go talk to folks out there, instead of being in this echo chamber where the topic is constantly politics. ... It is much more difficult to get a conversation focused on how are we going to help people than a conversation about how is this going to help or hurt somebody politically."

Democrats are worried, on the heels of the upset race in Massachusetts and in the face of increasing anger expressed by their constituents, particularly in red and purple states like Bennet's. They gathered in Washington at the Newseum for an all-day issues conference that included strategy sessions with White House senior advisor David Axelrod and Democratic strategist Paul Begala.

And among a number of candid admissions from the President Wednesday, which evoked an applause, this: "We've got to, I think, get out of the echo chamber. That was a mistake that I think I made last year - was just not getting out of here enough. And it's helpful when you do."

Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-NV, who is not much of a fan of political TV (he's actually a movie buff) and is, himself, perhaps the most endangered Democrat in this 2010 midterm election, apparently liked what he heard. Smiling broadly out at his Democratic Caucus, Reid joked, "Mr. President, you've told me -- suggested -- don't pay any attention to the blogs, don't listen to talk radio, don't watch cable TV. And I follow that advice pretty good."

Obama tells Dems what to not watch on tv

I watch Glenn Beck on Fox, Its just so funny because Mr. Glenn Beck always criticizes him, like today.

WAIT

A F&#^, NO MORE GLENN BECK??

WTH IS MATTER WITH HIM????

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well he is right...and he is right for both parties...they all spend waaaaaay too much time worrying about their individual constituencies and far too little time worrying about the whole country.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

When you have ignorant,greedy,fearful and myopic citizens you get ignorant,greedy,fearful and myopic politicians.We all must take responsibility for the current sate of the nation it's all the more tragic because there is no real difference between either party that they are now called the Republocratic party and we let it happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

After reading this, I certainly hope He gets booted out: "...Sen. Mike Bennet, D-CO, who is facing a difficult re-election fight back home and wanted to know what Democrats and Republicans can do "to fix this institution so that our democracy can actually withstand the test that we're facing right now..."

I am so sick and tired, especially by politicians, including Obama....calling our country a Democracy. We were founded as a Republic! If they don't even know this basic fact, they don't deserve to represent We the People, imo.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
With half the country with their hands out, what do you expect the problem to be with government?

A paraphrase-

When the people realize they can vote themselves money blah blah blah.

This president and congress will help to destroy the country, that is their job, to usher in a new regime.

700 bases in 130 different countries-EMPIRE, no not you, the EMPIRE.

More people receiving money then paying.

A president that has said he wanted to freeze spending, yet comes out with a budget larger than any other in history for 2011.

A debt that has reached >100% of GDP.

Yeah, what we need to do is make government bigger. /s

Yeah, shut off the MSM and listen to the people THAT DO NOT HAVE THEIR HAND OUT! Maybe then, this country will survive, otherwise you will see "change" there MR Thief in Chief!

[edit on 2/4/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
[because there is no real difference between either party that they are now called the Republocratic party and we let it happen.

This kind of stuff is getting old. Do you really think you sound intelligent declaring there is no difference between the parties?

Here are some basic differences right here:

Republicans: Lower taxes bring in more revenue.
Democrats: Higher taxes bring in more revenue.

Republicans: It takes a family......
Democrats: It takes a village.......

Republicans: Pro-Choice....choose life
Democrats: Pro-Choice....choose abortion

Republicans: Keep America safe
Democrats: Blame America first

I could go on and on....hopefully some will get the point....as for you...I doubt it...you are too far gone....your kool-aid cup is empty.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

God forbid the serfs gain knowledge and threaten the land of plenty.

Gain knowledge? From the MSM?

I don't always agree with Obama, but he's got a really good point. We do need to stop watching these bloated opinion networks parading around as legitimate news sources.

If you have ever watched the televised news in another country, you would realize how big of a joke the MSM is in the US. There is no such thing as unbiased reporting in this country, everything has its spin.

But, I know. It's Obama, the great evil. He certainly cannot speak words of truth, everything he says should be considered the serpent's lies.

Obama, appropriately reminded of the network with shows more friendly to liberals, continued, "Just turn off the TV -- MSNBC, blogs -- and just go talk to folks out there, instead of being in this echo chamber where the topic is constantly politics. ... It is much more difficult to get a conversation focused on how are we going to help people than a conversation about how is this going to help or hurt somebody politically."

You die-hard Obama bashers can try to put any kind of spin on this you want, but to me it just seems like sound advice. It really shows how politically brainwashed you are when you start to defend blogs and the MSM simply because the Democratic president speaks out against it. I guess if he tried to remind us to brush our teeth and wash behind our ears you all would be screaming about the "libs' hygiene agenda".

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Those are cosmetic differences at best those political platforms people on both sides use are there to keep the gullible happy and voting for one or the other.While the lobbyists and other interests provide money to both sides and nothing changes.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Do you disagree with him? That we should stop listening to everything the mainstream media tells us? I'd bet my bottom dollar if Fox news was excluded and if he was just telling folks to turn off CNN and MSNBC, people would be commending him here.

Im sorry but FOX news, along with the other cable networks only serve to alarm. You have every right to keep your face stuck to the TV screen, but your being filled with whats mostly BS. Wake up.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You only wish it was BS because you're a die-hard shill for Obama.

The fact is, the White House openly declared war on Fox News when Fox rocked the boat too hard. And now that your savior's lustre has worn off and the other media outlets are starting to actually ask the hard questions and do some actual reporting of the real numbers, the real situation about just how bad things are, Obama turns around and says "Turn them all off".

In other words, "Quit listening to the news about what a bad job we're doing. If you ignore the horrid state I've helped put America into and the fact that we're not recovering nearly as fast as my political career has time, then you will be better off."

I say the more information that's put out there about this con-man that you voted for, the better. Or are you afraid that some truth might actually be exposed?

An ignorant nation is a doomed nation.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Well what a great bunch of post .I am not as good at writing as you or the others so it seems I allways have to reply to my op's...lol

At least ATS has taught me how to write a little better.\

Any who, MR. Guardian I think what I really meant to say or my thought on this matter is that him telling his party what to watch on TV is really not his call. He is supposed to be listing to what we say ,we voted those folks in to voice our views....not his.
I really think this guy wants to be a Dictator/mass patator instagator .

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Had to bump this, found a new one:
Turn off Fox News: Specifically, kind of jokingly dared Jeff Hawks to get the place they met's TV turned off Fox news.
edit on 11-7-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You know, what I'm about to post won't be very popular at all, but: He's right. The political atmosphere in the US is extremely hostile at this moment in time. The vitriol and animosity between the two "popular" political disciplines is reaching epic proportions. Propaganda, on all sides, has become Word of the Day. Preset political views are handed out like candy - Don't stray from the party line! You're just a dirty freeloading liberal! You're just a fascist conservative preying on the poor! Pretty soon we'll just break off into two teams, with simple solid color uniforms, to bash each other's skulls in on the streets for our Masters at the pulpit, declaring their truth from their castles on the hill.

We value what is worthless
We throw away what is priceless
We cut off our nose to spite our face.

To immerse yourself in such a culture of animosity can not be healthy. Those in power really don't care WHAT side we choose, so long as we choose a side. They know, the more we fight among ourselves, the less we will notice the true mechanism of control - so we promote our own personal tools of bondage. Politics in the US USED to be about serving your community - but that was a bygone age - Now, you must serve your political masters - constituents be damned.

But this has been a long time comming... Our masters have plans for us. Willful ignorance, suspicion, blind hatred are what they are sewing. They appeal to our vanity, our fear, our insecurities. And we eat it up like an obese diabetic at an all you McDonald's buffet .

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

The fact is, the White House openly declared war on Fox News when Fox rocked the boat too hard. And now that your savior's lustre has worn off and the other media outlets are starting to actually ask the hard questions and do some actual reporting of the real numbers, the real situation about just how bad things are, Obama turns around and says "Turn them all off".

In other words, "Quit listening to the news about what a bad job we're doing. If you ignore the horrid state I've helped put America into and the fact that we're not recovering nearly as fast as my political career has time, then you will be better off."

I say the more information that's put out there about this con-man that you voted for, the better. Or are you afraid that some truth might actually be exposed?

Fox News is the only network giving us critical updates on the Fast & Furious Scandal.

The other networks started covering Fast & Furious only after Obama used

the executive privilege.

Long live Fox News !

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by sos37

Fox News is the only network giving us critical updates on the Fast & Furious Scandal.

The other networks started covering Fast & Furious only after Obama used

the executive privilege.

Long live Fox News !

Its only giving you the scandal of the fast n furious..

IF YOU WANT REAL NEWS CHECK OUT RTNEWS.COM THE ALYONA SHOW

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

The Fast & Furious bad news will be pushed past the November election.

Eric Holder will resign.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by mike dangerously
[because there is no real difference between either party that they are now called the Republocratic party and we let it happen.

This kind of stuff is getting old. Do you really think you sound intelligent declaring there is no difference between the parties?

Here are some basic differences right here:

Republicans: Lower taxes bring in more revenue.
Democrats: Higher taxes bring in more revenue.

Republicans: It takes a family......
Democrats: It takes a village.......

Republicans: Pro-Choice....choose life
Democrats: Pro-Choice....choose abortion

Republicans: Keep America safe
Democrats: Blame America first

I could go on and on....hopefully some will get the point....as for you...I doubt it...you are too far gone....your kool-aid cup is empty.

Nice bump.....almost starred my own post without realizing it was me that authored it.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join