It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Has Some Conspiracy Within!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I believe there is a conspiracy on ATS between some of the members. If you notice some members seem to come in pairs against certain others threads. It's like they are against certain things being said that is against what they believe, and than on top of that certain mods seem to side with others who believe with what they believe. I believe this is wrong, and I believe if you can't have an open mind to things, or if its things you are against or don't believe you should just say it and not get other buddies to help gang up on that person who is saying something against what you believe.

I believe people need to learn how to have a debate or discussion without cursing, name-calling, or just down right dis-respect toward someone that is saying something against what they believe. I believe if a person can't do this they need to drop their status or membership on ATS, and maybe find somewhere else like Evony to spend their time. I want all of you to know that I love all of you as much as a straight man can, but seriously some of you get on my nerves with all the flaming and name-calling. If you was at my house for a b-b-q I would burn your burger on purpose.

Note: Please realize not everything is a conspiracy, like the earthquake in Haiti, or the goverment blowing up Americans on 9/11, or the goverment hiding aliens. Why do I know 9/11 is not a conspiracy, well mainly because the president of the United States couldn't even keep a little naughty-naughty he done in the oval office a secret. Now he seen all this coming when Kenneth Star started his investigation, he knew that other lady recorded Monica, but did Monica end up dead in a car wreck or suicide (NOPE) This was the president, he could have anything done, including keeping that little secret. So how do you expect someone to believe the Goverment has kept the biggest secret of man-kind a secret for God knows how long without so much as a piece of metal or a piece of the alien body itself..Oh we got the videos and pictures, but nothing as far as real proof.. A conspiracy is as big as the persons imagination! This conspiracy on ATS is truly a conspiracy in my mind..I'm sure not everyone believes it, but I am sure some of you do!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
I believe people need to learn how to have a debate or discussion without cursing, name-calling, or just down right dis-respect toward someone that is saying something against what they believe. I believe if a person can't do this they need to drop their status or membership on ATS...

I'm assuming those who disagree with you aren't always being disrespectful or name calling since you did mention it involved moderators. Since thats the case you should just learn to accept that not everyone will agree with you either. If you honestly hate starting a thread and find that there are members who don't agree with a word you've said, maybe this isn't the place for you. I believe if a person can't do this they drop their status or membership on ATS...

You say that not everything is a conspiracy, yet the thread titles implies the opposite.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Does the truth hurt serbsta? And this is exactly what he's talking about... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all... unless of course you are the ATS police or can't help yourself... he couldn't be more right and it sounds as though you can't handle a little constructive critism... maybe you should cancel your account!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am well aware of it!Here is a little clue too, they don't ever answer each others posts.Why?When some one agrees with me or I agree with some one I star it, flag it or say good job but the ones I believe you are referring to are all over each others threads and never acknowledge each other.Check it out it's obvious.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
sure people with like minds come to the defense of each other.

also, people tend to lurk around threads that interest them. it's not shock that the same people are always around the same threads. I'm a floater, but does not blind me from the fact that some are here to prove...disprove certain things. There is nothing wrong with that.

It's part of ATS...it was part of ATS before you, it was before me, it will be long after you or I choose to walk away.

I was told this shortly after I joined...grow a thicker skin. At the time, I saw it as harsh, but really...it's whats gotta be done. I look back at the posts I made bitching about it and am embarrassed honestly.

When us newer members show up here, we have to understand that we are entering a society that has pre-recognized rules and regulations, not all are written.

The mods do a good job of making sure the T&C are followed. outside of that...what do you want?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
I believe there is a conspiracy on ATS between some of the members. If you notice some members seem to come in pairs against certain others threads. It's like they are against certain things being said that is against what they believe, and than on top of that certain mods seem to side with others who believe with what they believe. I believe this is wrong, and I believe if you can't have an open mind to things, or if its things you are against or don't believe you should just say it and not get other buddies to help gang up on that person who is saying something against what you believe.

I believe you are right.

That being said it doesn't matter because you don't own the site...right?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
people ganging up against others with whom they dont agree? oh my!

you dont do well in real life either do you OP?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

certain mods seem to side with others who believe with what they believe.

Absolutely not true. Moderators enforce the T&C, not member's opinions. On top of that, everything a moderator does is transparent to the other moderators. All actions taken are recorded and viewed by all moderators. If an action is taken against a member, that member has an open line of communication with that moderator to find out exactly what T&C was broken.

If you feel a moderator is doing something wrong, you need to file a complaint so it can be delt with, if need be.

If you see a member who is breaking the T&C, please alert it so staff can take care of it.

Thank you.

[edit on February 3rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunarLooney2010
reply to post by serbsta

Does the truth hurt serbsta? And this is exactly what he's talking about... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all... unless of course you are the ATS police or can't help yourself... he couldn't be more right and it sounds as though you can't handle a little constructive critism... maybe you should cancel your account!

What truth? The truth that we don't agree with each other most of the time? No, it doesn't hurt me, but evidently it hurts a lot of others on this website.

Was I being rude? I was just stating my opinion... I even genuinely told the OP to have a nice day, can't say you did the same for me. What does that say about your post if you're putting mine in such a negative light?

Criticism, he was criticizing me!? I didn't know I was even in one of these 'forum gangs'... Oh darn it, must be a conspiracy after all.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The ATS Issues is the place to air these concerns.

Closing

new topics

top topics

join