It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we were told about aliens, we'd kill ourselves?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So it's seems that experts believe that if we as humans were told that yes, there is other life out there, and that they frequently visit Earth, then mass hysteria would ensue, and people would start commiting suicide, and all that sorta good stuff.

Well I call BS.

When the aliens discovered us, do you think they went into hysteria, and started killing themselves? Doubtful,...

Look beyond what we are being told. If Obama (if he was enlightened), came out tomorrow and told the world, and show'd the world everything there was to know about aliens......... nothing in my opinion, would happen at all.

Oh wait,...... I forgot to mention something. As it stands right now, over 1 million people each year worldwide, commit suicide. They must have found out befor everyone else.

Some of the things people come up with is amazing. They can't tell us about aliens cause we'd hurt ourselves. Yeah, thanks mom. Thanks for looking out for us. You overprotective freak.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by BrnBdry]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
So it's seems that experts believe (...)

Do you have the names of these ‘experts’? A link to what these experts said exactly?

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Maybe at first this was plausible.

Now they just don't want to be held resposible for this on going lies and deciet.

And another group don't want there secret to be blown just because they will loose their power and influence.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Jesus predicted that there would be a fear response...
...to 'things coming on the earth'.

Luke 21:25-27 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

The Greek indicates things 'arriving' on the 'inhabited earth'...
...that will shake the 'visible sky' (heavens).

So maybe not 'killing themselves' but hearts failing for fear doesn't sound that good.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I wasn't aware Jesus was a psychic.

And let's not forget that the bible is just a book. There's plenty of books out there with stories almost as unbelievable as those within the bible.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Well.. I beg to differ with your theory.
Apparently..so did these folks..
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

And let's not forget that the bible is just a book. There's plenty of books out there with stories almost as unbelievable as those within the bible.

He was able to heal the sick and bring life to the dead(Lazarus) etc Surely then I would surmise that he had and used psychic abilities. Hence clairvoyance being one

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Never take what other people say to heart.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hey look....I believe in jesus christ and that he died on the cross...The whole story about his father on the other hand has been misconstrude throu-out time...What is sad about it though is that people can believe that a man from heaven can come to earth but an " Alien's" cant...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i believe this is silly.I believe we would(all of us) welcome the news and them with open arms ,it would be a great sigh of relief to humanity.what do you think we are a bunch of scared sheep? sheep maybe but were not that fearful of this........

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

I don't think many if any people would want to kill themselves because of aliens. Most would want some sort of handout/favors and if that wasn't forthcoming they would want to kill the aliens (and help themselves).

Kinda sad but I think true.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Jesus was not a psychic but He was a prophet.

The bible is a collection of 66 manuscripts written by 44 authors...
...the remarkable thing is that the documents were written over a 3500 year period.

Show me any other collection of historical manuscripts with so many authors selected over 3500 years of human history where there is consistent agreement in the underlying themes and beliefs...
...I know you can't.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pedder power

You have to realize that there are a whole lot of people who, unlike us, spend little to no time thinking about aliens or UFOs and these people may very well react poorly(to say the least).

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've always said that if Aliens landing on the lawn of the White House that it would be news and yes there would be those weak of mind that would think it was the end of the world and there would also be a large segment of society that would not trust the Aliens no matter what they stated.

I then went on to realize that the average American would find it news worthy at first, but after about 72 hours, no one would care except for those cities or person impacted by their presence in our society.

As long as the Aliens aren't competing for jobs or food, then I personally feel most Americans wont care after about 72 hours because unless it impacts an Americans ability to work and pay bills, no one will care and will go right back to work after all the hype settles down. It will be just another something that didn't really change anything at all.

If having to work 40 or more hours a week and pay out the teeth for food, rent and gas isn't enough to keep the average American busy, then no amount of Alien anything is going to change what Americans will do if and when disclosure occurs or if an Alien decides to land and share Kodak moments with the earthlings.

With everyone so tied up and hypnotized to working and keeping what they possess from being taken away from them, It would not surprise me if Alien disclosure is less grand and awesome as most claim it will be.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This has always seemed to me as one of the dumbest excuses ever. Adults are not children. They are not going to run away and hide under their beds from the big bad monsters. Any person who even thinks about commiting suicide upon hearing that we are being visited by extraterrestrials needs to have their heads examined. If extraterrestrials were to appear in the skies for all to see, my heart would race at a hundred miles per second. Not from fear, but from excitement. This should be the typical reaction from most people when they hear the news. We shouldn't fear the unknown. Did the Europeans all get heart attacks when they stepped into the "New World" and met people with different lives then theirs whom they've never seen before?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by TheDragonLord]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Ok...thats fair enough but to suggest mass suicide is just way too harsh.
Maybe millions would just lose the plot and star running around naked kicking stones and eating grass ,then eventually killing eachother because they just don't know any better but mass suicide?........no i don't think so,they would be doing already don't you think?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think this planet has much more to worry about the continual lies being told to us about everything, Than the truth about aliens.

I think the lies are starting to make people act crazy. People instinctive know somethings up but they don't quiet know what it is.

So it's the lies that are killing us and the planet.

John 8:32
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by converge
The idiots at the Brookings institute did:

www.enterprisemission.com...

located at the last underlined paragraph.

Link not working but I uploaded it below: Save it to view it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d0befefed4f.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-2-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Gonna have to agree with Mr. Black on this one. I think Americans will be awed at first. But just like every other "shocking or scandalous" event in this country...Americans won't freak out until it trickles down to THEIR community and hits them on their level.

We stopped and cried when the towers went down, but didn't take action until we were told the oil would run dry. THEN we scrambled to fuel up.

We paused and were grateful for our blessings when we heard buzz of a recession and a failing housing market. But it didn't become real until some of us found OURSELVES out of work or upside-down in mortgages.

And we will stop in our tracks when we see ETs touching down on the 5 o'clock news. We'll probably call everyone we know, talk about it at work the next day....it'll be on our minds. But until they're on OUR block shooting some death-ray-laser-gun at innocents, I don't foresee anyone freaking out Independence Day style. Maybe people running to the store stocking up for "whatever"...but all-out panic??? I don't see it.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Does anyone remember, Orson Wells' radio broadcast play,of the
war of the worlds?That broadcast caused a lot of panic and some
suicides.

<<   2 >>

join