It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Comments on President Obama Considering Killing Americans in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I did not know that Obama was considering murdering an american citizen, can anyone tell me which occurence he is referring to?

so that's it, I didn't know they would do this, treat american citizens as enemy combatants.. wowww....

Oh and the part at the end about a policeman outside your house..ahaha
that was priceless!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
i posted this days ago when released

www.abovetopsecret.com...

nice to see someone ripped my video lame lol

Youtube is censoring this now was on the front page under Obama interview for 2 days now they removed it from the pages completely losers

[edit on 3-2-2010 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul is losing it. What in the world is he talking about?

By the way, we've been killing Americans for many, many years. It's called the death penalty.

A link to a story would be appreciated. Ron Paul's rambling is getting old. He's campaigning against Obama. I don't know why he thinks he could win in 2012. He quit in 2008. He had his opportunity and threw it away.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Here is a link to an article that talks about it, apparently Bush gave permission to the CIA to kill American citizens abroad that pose a treat to the security of the U.S. and Obama is going to keep this permission alive.
I can't find any MSM articles on it.

www.thenewamerican.com... snews/politics/2856-cia-has-program-to-assassinate-us-citizens

Edit: The issue is that as an American citizen you have the right to a fair trial and this can be used to kill any American that the CIA doesn't like.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Elieser]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
i posted this days ago when released

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do apologize, I swear I did a search first despite your thread title looking similar to mine

Actually I didn't know that this was part of a longer version or I would have made a more modular search

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

By the way, we've been killing Americans for many, many years. It's called the death penalty.

A link to a story would be appreciated. Ron Paul's rambling is getting old. He's campaigning against Obama.

I know you are a die hard republican as you probably voted for bush's 3rd term(obama) but rambling is not getting old corruption is just staying constant.

man ron paul oppositions always insults his character more than his message.

and by the way he hasn't said he's going to be a candidate in 2012, didn't say he wouldn't either though but still

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

its cool needs super exposure sux youtube censoring it from main pages i had mine under Obsamas SOFTU address video on YT front page news for 2 days guess they didnt mix well

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Actually he didn't just 'quit' if you look at googles hits VS media attention back before the 2008 primary's.. as soon as Ron Paul started gaining actual momentum nation-wide, be was literally blacked-out by the MSM. You trying winning a national election when the boob-tube mentions you once in a blue moon. And just so you know Ron Paul had over 1 Million votes nation-wide mid-way through the primaries before he "quit" which I know is no where near a majority, but there are a lot of people who have woken up because of his freedom message.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AztecWrior805

watch his Documentary For Liberty shows it all on there i posted a crap copy of it, its good i got the DVD

Ron Paul "For Liberty" Documentary (inspire)

heres the full speech RP gave during the state of union

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's really party political from Ron Paul, and ironic that it stems from Bush's administration, and Guantanamo. It has so many Yememi prisoners remaining. maybe this story helps to shed some light,
www.npr.org...

I do think though that the premise from Benjamin Wittes is very revealing when he says this,
"who's going to go back to the fight and who's not, so when you release somebody you assume some risk" It could imply that everyone in Guantanamo is not a known terrorist, but just a name and that's all that the CIA have. Sounds a bit of fantasy I know, but there is precendence for the same scenario. It happened here in Northern Ireland, and it was called internment, which was a round-up of known Republicans by the army, but it was a paper exercise with just a name and maybe an address. So for this purpose a (fictitious) name, Shaun O'Reilly was arrested and interned, often the internee would be a family member with the same name but not the the person on the paper..a stand in, and the army would not know anything other as the local military intelligence was poor in the early days. Transfer that sort of thing to somewhere like Yemen with totally foreign names and you can imagine todays dilemma for a government, any government I suppose. This is not to say that Yemeni prisoners are the same scenario, but who knows?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

A link to a story would be appreciated. Ron Paul's rambling is getting old. He's campaigning against Obama.

I know you are a die hard republican as you probably voted for bush's 3rd term(obama) but rambling is not getting old corruption is just staying constant.

man ron paul oppositions always insults his character more than his message.

and by the way he hasn't said he's going to be a candidate in 2012, didn't say he wouldn't either though but still

Actually, BH, along with me, are a group of ATSers who haven't lost it.

Though, I agree that it's Ron Paul's right to say these things, he is wrong.

Ron Paul is not going to be a candidate in 2012. He didn't have any support in 2008. He will not have any support two years from now.

Like I have said constantly, ATS will hate whatever President is President.

If Ron Paul became President, you would soon enough hate him.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
For all those wondering what Ron Paul is referring too, it was addressed here by the CIA at a Congressional hearing. I made a thread about it so I'll post the link (hope you don't mind ModernAcademia)

Spy agencies can target Americans

Blair said that federal intelligence agencies can get the green light to assassinate American citizens, but did not specify who (the inference is kind of clear - the Executive Branch).

They were talking about the targeted killing of an American Muslim in a Yemeni extremist camp, and how it's totally acceptable for agencies to carry out these acts with permission.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Avenginggecko]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
What a nutbar. Jeez.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

How did he throw it away? His supporters were arrested at ball games and such. How did he ever have a chance?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

((snip))

People executed via the death penalty had a chance to challenge to govts case, called "due process".. which is an old pre-911 american justice virtue that used to matter.

Dr. Paul is talking about CIA goons and shadowy govt figures anointing themselves judge, jury and executioner.. which is no different than what king george used to do.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The vid. says Obama is CONSIDERING the possibility of allowing the CIA to assassinate Americans abroad who are proven to be enemy combatants. CONSIDERING.

Presidents have usually given this right to the CIA for as long as it has existed.

If the "Underwear Bomber" had been killed in the act of igniting his bomb would you all have been so horrified?

Ron Paul is saying here that all airport security measures are a violation of our rights, and from that I assume he is saying that if he were president there would be no screening of passengers at airports.

I think if, God forbid, he were ever elected president, the weight of the responsibility to protect Americans as much as possible from terrorists would cause him to "consider" measures that he may now oppose.

Paul is an ideologue. He is preaching absolute freedom for anybody to do anything he or she wants all the time. This is the libertarian perspective. It makes good campaign rhetoric but would be a dangerous position for the Commander in Chief to take.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The thing about Ron Paul is that he is constantly awakening people to the reality of the USA as a closed and controlled society administered by shadowy elites who run the political theatre as opium for the masses, and if that doesn't work, they will serve up another episode of 'American Idol'.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
To be fair he usually makes a lot more sense. Also why a pure black background? Presentation/first impression is horrid in this video. It's not until the end that he really starts making sense. It is interesting the 2nd amendment really does protect us from crime, whether we own a gun or not. If criminals knew that regular people were not statistically armed, they would be having a field day breaking into any and every house.

BH is one of us... She has a point too, but he was only doing what he thought was best. I admire him for his principled nature, he is very moral, and if you are going to be moral you really have to stand by your principles. Most of us on ATS are more conscience based, but once you do what RP does, once you open that door... he has been marvelous, he is Martin Luther King-like (BIG EDIT sorry) in that sense.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Novise]

top topics

join