It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Mother Fatally Stabs Her 2 Sons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

www.ksat.com

Boys, Ages 1 And 3 Stabbed To Death
Charles Gonzalez, KSAT 12 News Reporter

POSTED: Tuesday, February 2, 2010
UPDATED: 10:29 am CST February 3, 2010
SAN ANTONIO -- Police on Wednesday were investigating the stabbing deaths of two small boys, ages one and three, whom police believe were killed by their mother.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is one of those stories that is becoming non-news because it is becoming such a common occurrence in our society. The stress and strain of running a household and caring for our young is not new and in many cases it has been much harder, yet the common solution, it appears, for more people is turning to infanticide.

What is pushing so many people over the edge? Why are they not seeking help from, family, friends, and the church? Are families and friends so removed from their lives that they don’t even notice that something is seriously wrong?

Is it something in our water, our food supply? This is becoming an issue that we cannot ignore. Surely someone recognizes that this is becoming an increasing problem and that it needs to be addressed.

I know that we have become a selfish, materialistic society but have we also our souls?

www.ksat.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This isn't anything new. Creatures have been killing their own offspring since before human beings ever walked on this planet. It isn't going to change any time soon, either. Yes, it's sad. A lot of other stuff that happens in this world is sad too. If you want less children to be killed by their parents, I would suggest promoting use of contraceptives/birth control/abortion/whatever else can keep unfit parents from bringing human children to term when they aren't capable of raising them.

Also, if I had children I'd probably rather kill them than let the church "handle" them, too.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
How sad, there was a similar case in the UK last week, and another I beleive in the US just a few days ago.

I find these quite upsetting, although you're going to get the usual ATS drivel (devoid of empathy)...so what....lions do it all the time...blah blah blah.

Humans aren't just animals, children deserve better.

God Bless wee ones, hope you're safe and happy.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Funny everybody says "this is nothing new"...

But if it was a Muslim family you would all be freaking out...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Funny everybody says "this is nothing new"...

What would that have to do with anything?

This is just tragic. The idea of these children being killed by their own mother is monstrously inhuman; because we as humans demand that as a standard.

If we are to accept this as natural, then we simultaneously surrender ourselves to our own control over our fate as a species.

"Humanity" exceeds the realms of science; we may be subject to its laws, but we also prove continuously that we have the power to change that.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritoftheNightSky
Is it something in our water, our food supply?

For the billionth time, stop taking those selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Originally posted by SpiritoftheNightSky
Is it something in our water, our food supply?

For the billionth time, stop taking those selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors

It's true. You're going to find traces of anti-depressant drugs in the water supply just about anywhere. It's suppose to be harmless...so they say... =\

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Infanticide, a tragic result of many societal factors, but is it anymore tragic than children killed as collateral damage, or a suicide bomber.

We're all guilty

God help us!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is what I mean when I say, some people should not have kids.

I can't begin to understand where this is coming from.

Freaking out?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

join