It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hasn`t Terrorism Won??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Ok, we have people planes being cancelled/delayed, canceling concerts, events changed, tons of money and time wasted, and stock markets sliding on the announcements of planned terrorist attacks. Do, they really need to do anything except spread the word of an attack. Terrorism is all about causing terror. They are doing that now in the US and they have only had the one attack a few years ago. The WTC caused the terror and they are just feeding on it now....... Can we really beat terrorism when just the mention of it causes .... terror... ??

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Terror hasn't won, But it is "winning" what you need to do is get things back in perspective.

For example, I was going to go to Thai land this august But changed my mind and will now be touring Sri Lanka and the Maldives.

Why ? because its dirt cheap.
Why's it dirt cheap ? well according to my booking agent before Sep 11 Sri Lanka and the Maldives benefited from a huge influx of cash from US tourists. Now you can't spot a US tourist for love or money.

Why ? Because Sri Lanka is a predominantly Muslim county and there's currently a war on.

The war was on before Sep 11 but that didn't stop the US tourists because its only happening in pretty isolated areas, but now, The idea of going to a predominantly Muslim country, and one that happens to be having a war is simply not of their agenda.

Even though there's no more threat today than there was 3 years ago, US tourists have started seeing major threats around the world which were previously considered minor.

Don't let it happen. Don't get sucked into the whole "the world is against us, everything is dangerous" mentality, its simply an illusion.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
From a terrorists perspective, yes, terrorism has one. They have changed the way the rest of the world lives. America is more hated now than ever before (if thats possible). I think those who've really one though are the anti-privacy advocates in the US, who want to know everything about everyone. We've lost a lot of freedoms since 9/11, and we lose more everyday.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Those who have created terrorism are the ones who believe theyve won....
it falls right in line with this....

problem:terrorism....reaction:something must be done!....solution:we will offer the solution as we are the ones who created terrorism and now were here to save you from it with our grand plan that was in place since the beggining of our creation.....

problem/reaction/solution

The ones who created the problem are going to offer the solution...the only thing they rely on is the reaction of the people to say that something must be done.

new topics

top topics

join