It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy agencies can target Americans: official

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
LMAO! I have a Ron Paul was right and End The Fed sticker on my car................I hope some plain clothes people try to come after me! I'm taking as many of them with me as I can!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
For the last several months I have been preparing myself for military service in the US Army. Before I signed any paperwork however, I wanted to be sure I was making the right decision, and that if I had any loose ends that needed to be tied they would be. Here I am, one month away from the deadline I set for myself, and this story is giving me major doubts.

Is this what I'm going to be used for? What if the terrorist I kill is an American in the Tea Party movement? What if that terrorist is just a Ron Paul supporter? What if this terrorist is my friend, a family member? Before I join the Armed forces there must be legislation passed to remove this kind of power from any government agency. I cannot in good conscience be a part of that machine. I want to be part of the Army, I really do. It's part of my Warrior's Path. But I don't want to sign up to receive orders from a government that could potentially unleash me on the People.

This truly scares me people. I'm having to make some seriously hard choices because of this article. I DO have morals, I DO believe in and respect the Authority of the Constitution, I admire the military and have always wanted to serve, but this is just so despicable.

I have never been so let down. Today I feel so sad for my Nation. That we let it get this far... I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't let this one go. It's eating away at me like you wouldn't believe.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Just read the underlined text.....

Blair replied: "The reason I went this far in open session is I just don't want other Americans who are watching to think that we are careless about endangering -- in fact we're not careless about endangering lives at all -- but we especially are not careless about endangering American lives as we try to carry out the policies to protect most of the country."

In making such decisions, "whether that American is involved in a group that is trying to attack us, whether that American is a threat to other Americans, those are the factors involved," Blair said.

So who is the threat to other Americans now? Blair just told us he didn't care about endangering American lives, and that is pretty much a threat.

Blair, and the spy agencies, just threatened Americans.

Do you see the irony?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by ALLis0NE]

The spy agencies already threatened Americans when they ensured that we would be attacked in 3 to 6 months.

The only possible way they can ensure an attack on American soil, and not give us details about the "impending attack" is if they are the ones behind it.

It's a shame..

[edit on 3-2-2010 by BlubberyConspiracy]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Define "intent" as interpretated by Covert Operations...please.

I admit that defining intent is just as hard as defining what a terrorist is. But does an American have to be a terrorist in order for a spy agency to get rid of that individual?

IMO, spy agencies are capable of taking out any individual, American or not. They need not be labeled terrorist. They merely need to be in the way of the mission at hand.

The greatest thing this article does is that it shows, straight from the horse's mouth, what our spy agencies are thinking as well as what we have all known that they are capable of.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

I'm not quite sure I understand how it's more difficult to launch a military strike on foreign soil than it is to arrest the American in question. It seems like it would be far easier diplomatically to arrest someone in Yemen than it would be to blow up a camp of Yemeni/American suspected terrorists.

If you can find them, sure it is easier to get them arrested. But what if the country isn't interested in looking for them. Should we conduct kidnappings like we did in Italy?

My main concern is that this carte blanche to kill undesirable Americans will eventually lead to domestic targets.

Your concern is legit. But can't they presently do that if they so desire. Just look at the JFK conspiracy. Don't some people suspect that the CIA viewed JFK as undesirable?

As I said, the only time any agency of state or federal governments should kill an American is when that American is in the act of endangering innocent lives.

Isn't this a part of the article? Look at my second post and the quote I posted.

The fact that they're willing to talk about it in an open session and be assured that no one is going to do anything about it, is pretty telling.

That's why I think the Congressman was surprised. Not because of what Blair said. Just the fact that Blair said it in public. In a way, this implicates Obama. IMO, Obama is aware of this decision to possibly kill Americans.

Simply being part of an extremist organization should not give the CIA carte blanche to assassinate citizens.

I have to agree. However, we are not the ones investigating the group. We don't really know what type of evidence our spy agencies have on the organization or the individual(s) involved. Ultimately, it boils down to trust.

Right now we have many reasons to doubt them.

Compliments on your thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
People shouldn't be all that surprised.
When the Government oversteps its boundaries in regards to how the conduct their affairs within/out confines of the law, they are going to have to start dreaming up other ways of justifing killing people for "treason."

That is how they view this.

Are you a threat to my control?
Then you are dead. No due process. If you are potentially swaying the hearts and minds of people who may seek to usurp the iron-fisted control I have gained over this populace, you will be dealt with.

Of course, I don't think we are there yet, but that is where we are headed.

And that is what actions like these are meant to achieve in the long-run.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

My friend,

It has been said that when tyranny visits your door it will do so in a uniform. Just keep that in mind when making your decision.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks for the reply Jam and keeping the thread at a great level of debate.

I agree that this does implicate Obama. There are two likely probabilities of who approves these citizen - assassinations, Intel heads and the Executive branch. Obama may not even be the one that actually approves the actions, it could very well be various person(s) within the cabinet that have been delegated authority.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

A great level of debate?

Still caught up in the false paradigm? It wouldn't matter if it were Obama or Richard Nixon.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was going on under Nixon's tenure as well. Difference is that now terrorism is "in vogue."

"We can be open about it now because we have successfully created an enemy that doesn't really exist. It could be you. It could be your neighbor."

This is McCarthyism on steroids, nothing more. Same story, different day.

When a Government steps outside its boundaries in regards to the law, they will do things that are even "more illegal" to keep that charade alive.

This is their justification for treason. But they can't call it treason, because people would be like, "huh?"

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think you might be misunderstanding me...I agree with you. There is no two party system, just one bloated, corrupt, fascist, corporate oligarchy.

And I also agree with you with what you're trying to say about terrorism. It's just like the war on drugs. Create a nebulous, never ending war that can have enemies around every corner to keep the people occupied instead of facing the real issues in our country.

I dunno, I'm a little tired. It's late and I just worked out.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Oh, I see. You agree that this isn't about partisanship.

But yet we are going to implicate Obama rather than ask the obvious question of "how long has this been a policy?"

Convenient.

(don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is convenient for you... just that it is convenient)

You see, I would imagine this has been something that is old-hat for Washington.

Sure, you can go after the current head of state, but I highly doubt it will change unless the structure is changed.

The reason I mentioned the false paradigm is to warn people of those who would lump "newly found problems" on a particular person in general.

It is the system as a whole that needs looked at.
Heck, for example, the American public has been outraged with the Congress for the last 6 years at least. And it has even switched hands.

Obviously our "voting power" changes nothing.
So we need to look at what will actually help.

Not point fingers at people in particular.
This isn't Obama's fault, if you follow.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by JayinAR]

[edit on 3-2-2010 by JayinAR]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well, this is what happens when you dabble in fascism. You cannot expect it to projected onto foreign lands indefinitely. Sometimes , the chickens come home to roost . Cluck cluck cluck cluck . Same with stuff like these LRAD devices , those were just for the Iraqi untermenschen , that came home too. It all will . You can't go waving flags and cheering the perpetrators of these kinds of tactics in foreign lands blithely unaware it'll never come back to bite you in the ass too.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why are you all acting like this is new and startling information.

Don't get me wrong. Its good one of them has stated the position openly I guess. It is news worth.

But why is everyone so shocked ?

Spies kill people who are involved in activties that go against the state. That's pretty much what they do all over the world. Your police can kill people with very little provocation needed, why is anyone shocked that the CIA are the same ?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think it is the natural inclination of a reasonable human being to immediately attempt to rationalize what this article is saying, heck even this "somewhat (tongue in cheek) disgruntled" American wants to rationalize this. See normal people are not inherently evil, but unfortunately the entity we are dealing with here is not "normal".

We have been here before. Does anyone remember a little document called the "Patriot Act"? Remember how you and I attempted to rationalize that. How we all screamed out in one voice - I don't care what you have to do, or what civil liberties have to be sacrificed, just don't let this happen again. Predictably the "loving Government" was there to help and presented a document that would change all of our lives for many generations to come. Nobody back then was really talking about it, it was more or less "assumed" that this document was to be used on "our enemies" (Al Qaeda, Taliban, etc.) Surely it would never be invoked on Joe Blow American - would it? Well they didn't say they wouldn't use it on Americans and as you are no doubt aware they have. And what does it punish - terrorism - and what is terrorism - Pretty much whatever "they" want it to be.

Then we wanted to have an "exploratory" commission to study "Homegrown Terrorism and Radicalization in the US" nothing official - no policy change - just a commission to look at it. Then it comes out what the assessment - officially - led to. The MIAC report was leaked to the public and cited that pro-lifers, tax protesters, 2nd amendment rights activists, Ron Paul, Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin supporters were to be considered potential terrorists. Now wait one minute! I thought this was just to look at the information not to start conducting training with Law Enforcement based on the findings. And where does MIAC get its info? None other than the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) assessment which went as far as to label our returning Iraq Vets as potential terrorists, in fact the document basically implicates approximately 60% of Americans involved in something that makes them potential terrorists.

Now we have Dennis Blair, director of national intelligence saying that "We target Americans who are deemed terrorists and eliminate them". People look at the writing on the wall. We have no clearly defined explanation of what is exactly to be considered terrorism. We have a document that implicates most of us in terrorism and now we have our Government coming out and "publicly" saying we target American terrorists and eliminate them.

Are we getting it yet?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here are a few docs that list who is considered domestic terrorists.

DHS Doc

MIA Strategic Report

I'm sure I'm on the watch list! hehehehe

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm not shocked.

I understood what he meant. He was talking about legal Americans becoming terrorists. He just didn't use the right words. He should have said it different.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Little 8 lines can explain my feelings toward this aptly. Little something for you Dennis Blair

Killing over free speech doesn't occur,
We can all be reassured
because we have your word
Cause thats not ****in absurd

Oh Blair? you're one hell of a guy guy
Unfortunately, We dont always see eye to eye
On little things, you know, like rights and due process
Hell he'll kill you himself in the name of "progress"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join