It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Camden Police Officers Planted Drugs on People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Article

The Camden County Prosecutor's Office has moved to drop charges in at least a half-dozen drug cases involving Camden police officers who have been suspended.

Authorities are staying mum on the case, which could be a major blow to police efforts to clean up a city plagued by drug-dealing and violence.

Lawyers say the same thing happened to others. One man claims two of the officers beat him and planted coc aine on him -- besides the marijuana he acknowledges he was holding.

The suspects said the officers also stole money and drugs during searches.

I just saw this on the web in my local news part. Im not sure why the city of Camden, NJ is in there because im in Dallas? Either way, I saw this and decided to post it. Apparently, a few officers have been planting drugs on suspects and stealing money/drugs from the suspects to.

Im not to familiar with the area this took place in so I cant really say if this happens all the time or dosent. Still, I would say the department really needs to rethink the officers they are hiring.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I grew up about 40 minutes from Camden. It's been a war zone for the past 50 years. About 25 years ago they spent a ton of dough to put an aquarium in Camden. You'd rather than take a trip to Kabul than go there. Total waste of time energy and money.

If you want to make a bunch of money, open up a company in Camden and sell razor-wire. Its in high demand!

The entire state of NJ is corrupt. Think of it as a large Chicago. You're sitting smack in the middle of NY, Philly and Atlantic City. Organized crime is rampant.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Oh dang, I didnt think it would be that bad. I take it courruption within the police department is a usual thing?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

A few years back they jammed up a bunch of dudes in the NJ department of corrections who were caught selling paroles. This gent who is a parole counselor figures it out. He makes recommendations to the parole board on whether to grant parole for someone in prison or revoke parole when someone is caught doing something on the outside while on parole. 99% of the time the parole board takes his or the other counselor's recommendations. He sees this trend where a bunch of his recommendations are getting over-turned. He thinks that perhaps he's not making good calls and he goes back over his old cases. He discovers that the folks who he's recommending have their paroles revoked or not be given parole all have something in common. They have names like Russo, Maroni, Gambino. You get the picture. The dudes on the parole board are selling paroles to the mob. He drops a dime to the feds who jump on this and two years later they run a sting and a bunch of these dudes get put in the slam. The parole counselor was a buddy of mine in high-school. NJ is another planet

top topics

join