It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian sources: Israel prepares to strike Iran from Gulf and N. Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Egyptian sources: Israel prepares to strike Iran from Gulf and N. Iraq

www.debka.com

Arab voices were fanning Middle East war fever Wednesday night, Feb. 3. debkafile's military sources report that not only are Syrian leaders beating war drums - Syrian foreign minister Walid Muallem said in Damascus: "Israelis, do not test the power of Syria since you know the war will move into your cities" - but Egyptian military sources have put out information purporting to outline Israel's preparations to strike Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
'If" this is true things seem to be heating up over there. Just seems like all the pieces are being put in place for something big. I was really was hoping this would not come to pass, but everything seems to be pointing at the worst case scenario "War", well another one I hope this is just more rhetoric like it has been for years now. Guess we just wait and see................................................................................................................................................... ..................................................................................................................

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Guess we just wait and see

seems that "wait and see" has been almost a monthly theme for the last several years concerning the US or Israel attacking Iran.

Almost seems like people want them to do it just so they can say

" I TOLD YOU SO."

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Called it. Either Iran attacking Israel, or Israel attacking Iran...either way, the US will be involved soon.

Effin called it. The end is nigh

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This kind of talk -- especially from Debka -- has been a repeated thing since as far back as 2004. I'm not saying it's impossible -- rhetoric from all sides has been heating up recently and if Iran announces anything nuclear related on Feb.11 then all bets are off -- but it seems we're in for another round of saber rattling.

Actually, what's happening right now is pretty predictable. Iran seems to be winning the war against the U.S. on being slapped with further sanctions. Inn response, the U.S. puts pressure on Iran again by upping its Gulf military presence and installing Patriot missiles.

In response, Iran pulls the strings of its Mideast puppet Syria to bluster on Israel's borders, making the point that if attacked, Iran can cause havoc from afar by involving Israel in a land war with Syria.

While this has been the cycle for some years, this brinksmanship could easily tip over into something real -- perhaps even unintentional -- and quickly involve other major superpowers, especially Russia, which has a real interest in Iran as a countermeasure to U.S. Mideast dominance at the moment.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
This kind of talk -- especially from Debka -- has been a repeated thing since as far back as 2004. I'm not saying it's impossible -- rhetoric from all sides has been heating up recently and if Iran announces anything nuclear related on Feb.11 then all bets are off -- but it seems we're in for another round of saber rattling.

Actually, what's happening right now is pretty predictable. Iran seems to be winning the war against the U.S. on being slapped with further sanctions. Inn response, the U.S. puts pressure on Iran again by upping its Gulf military presence and installing Patriot missiles.

In response, Iran pulls the strings of its Mideast puppet Syria to bluster on Israel's borders, making the point that if attacked, Iran can cause havoc from afar by involving Israel in a land war with Syria.

While this has been the cycle for some years, this brinksmanship could easily tip over into something real -- perhaps even unintentional -- and quickly involve other major superpowers, especially Russia, which has a real interest in Iran as a countermeasure to U.S. Mideast dominance at the moment.

In other words, we're phucked.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hey Paradise, thanks for posting the information. Here's a supporting article from Israel I found on Reuters. It seems that all the countries in the area are preparing for war.

Luckily the US is in Iraq so we won't need permission to launch from there if we get pulled in, eh? How convenient!

Iran government survival hinges on nuclear issue: Israel

Israel, alarmed at the prospect of Iran having atomic weapons, has endorsed diplomatic pressure on Tehran but fears new sanctions may be too weak to dissuade it from producing enriched uranium.

Israeli Vice Prime Minister Moshe Yaalon said unrest inside Iran since a disputed presidential election in June had made the government vulnerable.

"In essence, the Iranian regime must be given the choice: either a bomb or survival," Yaalon, a retired chief of Israel's armed forces, told a national security conference in Herzliya.

Reuters

I do partly agree with Jam on this issue. I think it's somewhat becoming a foregone conclusion that the region is (once again) going to be pulled into a broad war against Israel.

With Iran within reach of nuclear weapons, they might get more brazen against Israel. I doubt they'd actually use a nuclear weapon on Israel, seeing as how the fallout would probably kill just as many Palestinians and Muslims as it would Israelis.

You never know though. The country is pretty unstable at the moment.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just bomb each other already!

All this war talk is getting boooring now, Feb 11 hurry up and Mr ahmadinejad you better reveal the beast that you have been working on for decades.AQ Khan gave you the secrets for FREE, don't let him down.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkava

All this war talk is getting boooring now, Feb 11 hurry up and Mr ahmadinejad you better reveal the beast that you have been working on for decades.AQ Khan gave you the secrets for FREE, don't let him down.

Understand that if you are in an opposing country (US, Europe, etc.) who are on the 'allies' side, you may be drafted if you are of age and fit the bill.

For you to post this is not only immature, but insane. "Get on with it and bomb each other already!" ? Are you effing kidding me? You want death, disease and war to come? Jesus, I'm hoping this post was sarcasm or if it isn't, i expect you on the front lines soldier.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Marvelous idea! Lets strap your ass to the first one! You seem to have no value for life, yours should be no different!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRHAZE420

Understand that if you are in an opposing country (US, Europe, etc.) who are on the 'allies' side, you may be drafted if you are of age and fit the bill.

Im in UK and they rather have me bakin potatoes than fighting a guirella warfare.

For you to post this is not only immature, but insane. "Get on with it and bomb each other already!" ? Are you effing kidding me? You want death, disease and war to come? Jesus, I'm hoping this post was sarcasm or if it isn't, i expect you on the front lines soldier.

It's gona happen anyway, neither you or i can stop it.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by merkava]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've been saying it's all bluster and sabre rattling right up to the point Tony Blair opened his mouth, which really made me stop and think that perhaps these guys are mad enough to take it one step further.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Marvelous idea! Lets strap your ass to the first one! You seem to have no value for life, yours should be no different!

I am just stating something that will take place,neither you or i could stop it.If you're soo bothered about human life than maybe you should stop your country from funding and arming israel with deadly weaponry.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SRHAZE420

Haha yeah right......I'd LOVE to see our effing government try to come draft me......I'm a physically fit, educated, 30 year old male. I'm married and I'm about to start my own family. There is NO WAY in hell I'm going to throw my life away fighting for the US government in the middle east. NOW......if Iran sends troops to the shores of the USA............I'll be THE FIRST ONE to sign up. Or if they launch a verified nuclear weapon and it lands on the shores of the USA. Again I'LL SIGN MY LIFE AWAY! But the crap that's going on now? Hell no!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Haha yeah right......I'd LOVE to see our effing government try to come draft me......I'm a physically fit, educated, 30 year old male. I'm married and I'm about to start my own family. There is NO WAY in hell I'm going to throw my life away fighting for the US government in the middle east. NOW......if Iran sends troops to the shores of the USA............I'll be THE FIRST ONE to sign up. Or if they launch a verified nuclear weapon and it lands on the shores of the USA. Again I'LL SIGN MY LIFE AWAY! But the crap that's going on now? Hell no!

I'm borderline...on one hand if our soil is attacked...did we not instigate the issue? What if America caused the war, IE planned WITH Iran to do so? Not that the current events back that theory, but what if? Would you fight then?

No way in hell will i go overseas to fight. If it comes here, 80% chance i'll fight 20% go AWOL and hide, no point in dying without honor. They call the people who hide "cowards"...so...they're cowards because they value life, disagree completely with all of the current events and don't want to be a part of it? if i am forced, i will file for conscientious objector. if that fails, i will probably end up not following orders anyway. I don't take kindly to authority.

Not to mention if I'm going to die, be sure i'll be going to die with a blunt in my mouth...they won't like that much either!!

[edit on 3-2-2010 by SRHAZE420]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So who is keeping track of the chess board. What pieces need put into place for check and than checkmate?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
seems like a credible news report to me.

Some of this information was leaked in Cairo Wednesday night to Shorouk, a publication which Egyptian intelligence often uses as an outlet for information held to be credible.
Shorouk was first out with the story of the Israeli Air Force attack on Iranian arms convoys in Sudan in January 2009

there is no doubt that tensions right now are at an all-time high..

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

And how would you know if it's "verified"?

You wouldn't, so hence the false flag will once again fool everyone.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

Meaning the Iranians came out and declard war against us and it was proven that they did indeed launch a nuclear weapon at the US. That's what I meant.......proven.......not verified. Same difference.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

just cause there is a war does not mean the end is nigh....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join