It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll- Would You Be a Draft Dodger?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Illimatic, I noticed that you posted your extreme disagreement with being drafted, to the extent of providing assistance to the enemy

being a draft dodger doesnt mean your a coward.. send me to iraq with a m-16 and i'll use it on american troops.
Posted by Illimatic67

If that is the case, I would be very interested in meeting you and your M-16 (or the more prevalent AK-47 in Iraqui use) in the Iraqui desert with my M1A....

However, I do have to say, the entire situation could have been (and might still be) avoidable with the efficient deployment of a small SEAL boat team, a USMC scout sniper and a Barrett M82 .50.... One shot, one deffinite kill, the Iraqui power structure crumbled... its Miller Time!!

Then onward to North Korea, where things will be slightly hairier....

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
By the way, Illimatic, if you posted your hatred for the American people, why didnt you at least have the guts to put forth your vote to that extent? The pole still shows no one to be coward to vote for dodging the draft....

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Honestly though, I kinda agree with ill ...

If the gov just made it MORE beneficial to the familie's who could potentially lose you, not to mention making it more beneficial to you personally since your the one who could die, then the draft would be ok .... There are some people in the military on welfare and masshealth ... Is that what I have to look forward to when I get drafted??? That's what OUR live's are worth ... diddly squat ...

If it come's to the point where they think they need to draft ... drop the damn nuke's instead! WTF we have them for? Expensive deadly paperwieghts?

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Are you prepared to die for a country that has done nothing for you, but everything against you?

I'm gonna try to restrain from exploding in this post.... although at this time it is rather difficult.....

What kind of person are you, thinking that military service means serving the government? To me, and most of us(I hope), it means protecting our loved ones and the loved ones of others from those power-hungry fools who think they can rule the planet. I couldn't care less whether or not the president survived... I see him and the vice-prez as a renewable resource. And if the Capitol gets blown up? Once again, couldn't care less. It's those who threaten my friends and family and others' friends and family who i will go and fight with all my heart and power. It is fools like you who do not realize the real feelings of those who accept the draft.

And e-nonymus, like arc said, we do need good men back here, in case all us military guys get shot down in whatever war Bush gets us in. And as I see it, you've got the same motivation as those who accept the draft.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
My grandfather told me that his brother was incredibly brave to stand by his morals in WW2. The torment that he had to go through from people like you was terrible, even though he did hospital work.

And I like the way you think that draft dodging equals cowardice. What if you happen not want to go to war in George Bush's name?

With pricks like you as advocates for war, who needs demonstrations.

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by Fantastic_Damage]

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
Bah, problem is with america, the reason's I listed are plenty to be called a pussy and coward.

TC,

I don't mind fighting for my country and it's people ... I do mind getting killed in someone else's country over a war our president decided to start without cunsulting me since it will be my ass on the line and not his .... My death is my descision, not someone else's, so if the war come's here, then I'll gladly give my life defending what I believe in ... My family.

In other words, you'll let others spend time protecting you, and if the brave are run over, you'll die with your family in the kitchen. You know, where you, by yourself, will do absolutely no good, and you will in no way be defending your family.
Do as you choose, just call it don't try and romanticize it.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I laugh at people when they say God bless America... You think God favors America??? AHAHA

Land of the free?? yea, right.

being a draft dodger doesnt mean your a coward.. send me to iraq with a m-16 and i'll use it on american troops.

Really? Where do you live? America? Are you an American? No, you aren't, as can easily be seen by your ignorant posting, but are you legally an U.S. citizen?

If so, traitor, seditionist, maybe you should go to an Arab nation that better suits you. Don't enjoy the liberties and freedoms of this nation and threaten the troops.

And, yes, the land of the free. So free that a dirtbag can make seditionist statements and the secret police won't track him down and kill him. So free that an idiot can turn from the Judeo-Christian heritage and become Islamic, and national police won't rape and torture his family in front of him until his changes his mind. Yes, the land of the free.

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There is no evidence AT ALL that there is any war in Bush's name (that even sounds idiotic) but there is plenty of evidence that there are those who are our enemy and want to kill us. The best and clearest evidence is that they have said they are our enemy and want us dead! They have already declared war on us! The war is not in Bush's name, but in Allah's, and we are defending ourselves from their Jihad.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Who are these mystery Muslims? Are they in Iraq, Iran, Saudi, Yemen, Afghanistan, Palestine, Oman, UAE, Pakistan, Chechnya, Turkey, or Indonesia? Are you gonna bomb the lot of em?

If you were drafted, what would you be doing? If this is a war on terror then it requires special forces and intelligence to do the job, not some half baked squaddie. If this is a "bomb the # out of musilms to divert everyone from Bush's stupidity" exercise then you may well be drafted. Good luck soldier!

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by Fantastic_Damage]

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
TC,

I'm not trying to romantisize it ... I just don't see it as fair that MY life should be decided by someone else's. Especially when that decision run's the risk of death in some strange country I've just recently learned existed!

Even if I couldn't do squat if the war came here, I'd RATHER die along side loved one's more than anything. I feel very strongly about MY family, not those of complete stranger's. Being brave is being stupid. I see no reason to fight in a war started by someone else so I can end up dead and my family loose's me because some idiot decided that I had to die for HIS country.

If this were a free country, the draft wouldn't be reinstated and all these anti-privacy law's comming out wouldn't stand a chance. We're not truly free, we're fighting a war that we WILL lose becuase no one else is willing to friggan help and the only way to win is ALL nation's participating. We may be powerfull and all, but without help, we're screwed. I vote MY families saftey over your's or anyone else's.

Not trying to come off as some asshole or whatnot. I don't wish harm on anyone's family, but if it did come down to saving my kid's or someone else's and there was only chance to save one or the other, MY kid's would come first.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Posted by Illmatic67 being a draft dodger doesnt mean your a coward.. send me to iraq with a m-16 and i'll use it on american troops.

If this is truly your position, that you enjoy the freedoms of the country where you live, and wish the people who put thier lives in danger so that you may continue to enjoy these freedom such hardship and death that you would contemplate or advocate treason, then yes, I would be very interested in meeting you on the battlefield....

If you obvious lack of human dignity and respect are indicative of your skills as a rifleman, I would expect such a meeting to be extremely short however.....

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I laugh at people when they say God bless America... You think God favors America??? AHAHA

Land of the free?? yea, right.

I am sickend.
. Are you American??? If you are then we should aresst you for treason and apptemped terroism. Shooting Amreican troops. I bet you are a member of a black supremecy group. You think God favors a country like Iraq or N.Korea.

He's some advice, get your American hating ass over to Iraq, or N.Korea and sign up with al-Qaida. Then when you are shot dead by American loving troops or sentanced to death for terroism then I will laugh ny self to death.

arc

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
illmatic you sadden me. I may share your views involving the misrepresentation of the Islamic faith, and as a non-american some of this God Bless America rhetoric means very little to someone of my background, but your statement proclaiming that you would rather fight against your own countrymen on a battlefield than with them is disgraceful!

I have all respect for people who can state clear, honest and compassionate reasons as to why they would dodge the draft, and often these people find other non-combatative methods of serving their people such as joining the red cross for example.

However there is no love or compassion in the view you hold and I am inclined to agree with Mr Crowne that if you feel so much hatred towards people who are effectively your neighbours - then what exactly are you doing living in America? A land that may indeed have many faults but which still allows you the freedom to hold the views you do without reprisal against you or your family.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm with Xaos, I would not want to fight but I would serve my country if she called me.

Let us all pray that it does not come to that though.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Your not to be so blinded by patriotism that you cant even face reality, wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or who says it

reading the replies on my comments, I have to be patient to answer every single one of your questions and comments about me and my comment

high_lord_warrior

What kind of person are you, thinking that military service means serving the government? To me, and most of us(I hope), it means protecting our loved ones and the loved ones of others from those power-hungry fools who think they can rule the planet.

and what enemy are you talking about that is power hungry fools trying to rule our planet? I can tell you right now your cleary mistaken if you think arab-muslims can take over this world.. fool..

the power hungry fools is America... can't you see? America is a modern day Roman Empire and like the Roman Empire she'll burn slowly in her own corruption.
Just burn......................................... slowly............................ether, that thing to make your spirit burn slow.

America enjoys her heaven right here on earth while children in Africa and Middle East fight for the crumbs that fall off America's table... but do we care? NO

Someone says I am a black supremist or i teach black supremacy? LOL.. what kind of nonsense is that... if you say so, I'm guilty as charged

yes, going to war does mean protecting our family and my family is the only people i'll kill for... but has anyone walked up to your house with KKK cross burnings , shooting shot guns through your window? NO, i dont think so... has any muslim arab "terrorist" planted a bomb in your house , No i dont think so.. because if they do you better defend yourself, by any means necessary.

but my true enemy is not no muslim terrorist because, my true enemy is the American Terrorist... where's the hypocrisy?? they say they're fighting a war on terrorism and they havent even looked here at home first... bush wants to fix the entire world when home is not fixed.. where's the hypocrisy? if you want to fight a war on terrorism you look here in America first for the terrorists, last in the middle east.

Am I an American? yep , I am.. and because I AM an American I have the libery to say anything I wish against my government promised to be in the Constititution of the United States, so dont blame me when I say things to get you pissed, blame your forefathers.

Thomas, you say I'm not an American because I criticize American? YOUR NOT AN AMERICAN BECAUSE YOU DONT CRITICIZE AMERICA.

that's the difference between being an american and not being an american.

call me a traitor, go ahead, I dont care..

do you honestly believe the american government is the holiest people in the world? do you actually believe they give two #s about me and you?

dont call me a traitor because you've been brainwashed by the american mass media to think that your enemy is the same enemy of the american government, i bet prior to 9-11 you had no problems with muslim arabs, you probably were a friend with a few.

but because muslims are bush's enemy he has brainwashed 240 million americans to think the same thing.... so sad.... i pity you thomas, really I do..

e-nonymous

I'm not trying to romantisize it ... I just don't see it as fair that MY life should be decided by someone else's. Especially when that decision run's the risk of death in some strange country I've just recently learned existed!

finally, someone who knows what he is talking about.

If this is truly your position, that you enjoy the freedoms of the country where you live, and wish the people who put thier lives in danger so that you may continue to enjoy these freedom such hardship and death that you would contemplate or advocate treason, then yes, I would be very interested in meeting you on the battlefield....

MY FREEDOM???? my freedom is being stripped off from me slowly by this war.. watch congress start passing all these anti-terrorism bills, stripping away my basic liberties... this war has nothing to do with my freedom, muslim arabs are not a threat to my freedom, the government IS..

Are you American???

yep

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Illmatic, you are a grade A idiot. Stick to your religious drivel. Not that you make any sense there either.

Better yet go back and play in your sandbox with all the other kiddies.

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by mad scientist]

AF1

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thats whats so great about America, while I'm off protecting your sorry asses, you just stay here in your comfortable home criticizing what we are doing for you. Serving your country is one of the most noble things you can do. I wish that people as ignorant as some of you would realize that. Whether you like it or not, the purpose of the military is to protect the United States and her interests. It is not the military that is starting this war, it is the President. If you are in the military, you FOLLOW the Commander-in-Chief no matter what he tells you. He was elected by the people, and as a result of that we serve him. It doesn't mean we have to like what we do or where we are going. You think the military wanted to go into Kosovo under Clinton. Most people in the military couldn't stand the guy, but they didnt let that get in the way of their job.

My basic point is, even if you don't want to serve in the military, or you don't like what the President is doing, the least you can do is RESPECT the member's of our armed forces. They are brave enough to go out and put it on the line so that you can keep living the way you do.

Illmatic, I pray for the day when I can meet you on the battlefield if you EVER take up arms against our nation.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Illmatic, you are a grade A idiot. Stick to your religious drivel. Not that you make any sense there either.

wow, that's a good one, you deserve a pat on the back and cotton candy for that one

oh, wait, you just added another clever line to your classic... two thumbs up

AF1, Is the military being sent to Iraq because they want to or because they're being ordered to? Not that you have a say in whether you go or not, because if you say "No, I can't go because my wife is pregnant and she needs me right now" they'll say "ok, no problem, you can stay here in America... just make sure you dont drop the soap when you go in"

is that what they'll say to you??? dont tell me your a brave man because your going because you "want to"

maybe you enlisted to the army after 9-11. then THAT'S because you want.

if there's a draft and indeed I get sent to iraq... i'll have an m-16? politics go out the window, and all you have is the man next to you.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Illmatic....

I have read many of your posts (granted not all of them), and if you have read some of mine, you would notice that I am generally of the opinion that this coming war is in fact being engineered by the Cabal, specifically against the Arab Muslim population. I could go further into this point, but I have already posted this to great extent elsewhere, and I have other points to make here...

After reading your most current posts, I fail to see your right to enjoy freedoms here in the US (obviously you fail to understand that you do in fact have freedom here in the country: Granted it is gradually slipping away, and that is a fight I am committed to wage in any legal means. However, if you honestly think you DONT have freedom here, why dont you step outside the borders of our country for any amount of time? Go spend a month or so in one of your beloved Islamic countries, and then tell me what freedoms THEY have!) and then be interested in killing those that provide these freedoms.

Obviously, as is granted to you by American FREEDOM, you have the right to have your opinion, and express it (in most Islamic countries, to speak out against the government would mean death in short order).

I would also like it if you, Illmatic, could explain to me any difference between someone like yourself and a young gangbanger wannabe? After reading many of your posts, what I am seeing is a long littany of "Poor pitiful me, I'm a poor black man that has been held down and repressed, and the world owes me a free ride and I deserve the right to abandon all moral and ethical norms, human dignity, and common human respect. No one "respects" me, so I have the right to kill them because they "diss" me." Granted, you dress up this speil with a bit of politico/religious b@ll$h@t, but that is all you are left with: B@ll$h@t!

If you expended half of the energy that you already have in hating everyone but yourself, you could already be standing on your own two feet (rather than thinking the world owes you everything), would be a meaningful member of society, and could be a very valuable ally in fighting the encroaching police state in a more realistic and legal manner.

It is a shame that you have wasted your potential.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Are you American???

yep

Well sinced you are living in America these comments can be considred terroistic. You are un-American and since you hate us the good-Americans so much the get the # out of the country.

I'm stickin' with what I have said you are a black supremist. I don't approve of the KKK, but take it out on them not America. Go to Africa live with those you "love". Get the hell of of America!!!

MadScientist you are absoulty correct about Illmatic he is nothing more than a black supremist idiot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join