It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: NASA budget cuts but what of ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I come to this site because there is a lot of stuff that goes on in this world that I have no clue or understanding about. The President wants to cut NASA funding. There are people on this site who talks about "shadow NASA", "back up NASA", "Space Navy" or something along those lines. What happened to that orginization(s) funding?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If you believe there is a “shadow NASA” or something along those lines, of an incredibly secretive and covert nature, then why would their budget be dependent on publicly acknowledged allocated funds? Assuming such organizations even exist, we know as much about its budget as you do.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Since it was in the dark from the start their would be no reason for the public to know whether or not the funding for it [ If it exists ] will go up or down. Honestly one could speculate and say that they are devoting all the resources away from the NASA we know of to the Shadow NASA. Though until one can even verify it's existence it would continue to remain as nothing more than speculation.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Not saying I believe, not saying I don't believe. I am saying people on this site have talked about it, and people do know about super secret stuff. Someone might say the budget went up, or it had cuts or stayed about the same. They might not know(or want to tell) dollar figures, but they might still have an idea of what's going on.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinline
I come to this site because there is a lot of stuff that goes on in this world that I have no clue or understanding about. The President wants to cut NASA funding. There are people on this site who talks about "shadow NASA", "back up NASA", "Space Navy" or something along those lines. What happened to that orginization(s) funding?

That would be "Black Budget" funding.
Off the books NASA funding.
The NASA you see and the NASA you do not see.
Funding will be restored when Obama is thrown out of office.
Try to think 10 years ahead not 10 minutes ahead.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think the Obama's new model for funding NASA to invent technology is a really good idea!

Just imagine in a few years time instead of going to the moon NASA invent a new technology called ELECTRO GRAVITICS! And now not only can we go to the Moon, But also Mars, Jupiter, and all the other planets.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

Invent Electrogravitics? It's already here.
Actually, i think we had that figured out by 1955.
We figured out the Matter/ Antimatter Reactor by 1980.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

We figured out the Matter/ Antimatter by 1980.

You and I know that! But Joe public six pack doesn't!

I'm sure they want to commercialize this technology so they can start making mega bucks off it!

I always wondered what good is a space Navy without Space pirates to chase. So the technology has to get out there just our mighty Space Navy has something to do.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Everything that is posted I understood already, but thank you for responding. My point is, If there is a shadow NASA it has a budget. what happened to it? If you want a bigger target, what happened to the Black Ops Budget? Did it get cut, did it stay the same, did it increase? This isn't a question one can google. It isn't a quesition one can post on facebook, but it is a quesiton that can be answered. IMHO someone on ATS knows about the Black Ops Budget, but on the flip side just because someone answers the question on ATS doesn't mean that they are the one(s) who know.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

...My point is, If there is a shadow NASA it has a budget. what happened to it?...

...This isn't a question one can google. It isn't a quesition one can post on facebook, but it is a quesiton that can be answered. IMHO someone on ATS knows about the Black Ops Budget, but on the flip side just because someone answers the question on ATS doesn't mean that they are the one(s) who know.

Just as you alluded to, there may be people on ATS who THINK they have information regarding a possible NASA black budget, but that does not mean what they know is real, or even if that black budget exists.

Any information you may find by googling will be the same "evidence" that the people who think they "are in the know" will use as back-up (i.e., some people believe every conspiracy they read on the internet as being "fact". They would be more apt to believe a website that says there IS a NASA black budget rather than a website that says there is NOT one.)

[edit on 2/3/2010 by Box of Rain]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

We figured out the Matter/ Antimatter by 1980.

You and I know that! But Joe public six pack doesn't!

I'm sure they want to commercialize this technology so they can start making mega bucks off it!

I always wondered what good is a space Navy without Space pirates to chase. So the technology has to get out there just our mighty Space Navy has something to do.

--------------------------------------------------------
The MJ-12 Space navy is kicking ass as we speak.
I'm sure the word is out. When alien races approach Earth
go where ever you want but stay away from the skies over
the United States. They have come a long way since 1947.
I'm sure we start with a simple shot across their bow and
then hail them. - Stay Away! -
--------------------------------------------------------
BTW, they have commercialized most of the technology already.
Fiber Optic cable - microprocessors - color LCDs - the
DLP micro mirror chips from Texas Instruments etc.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The next thing i want to see is a cool Universal Translator from
Apple. Speak English into it and have Japanese or German
come out. Just push the appropriate icon on the iPhone.

jra

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The President wants to cut NASA funding.

He's not cutting NASA's funding. He's just not giving them an extra $1 billion for the Constellation program since he wants to cancel it. NASA's budget will still get an increase in 2011 however.

There are people on this site who talks about "shadow NASA", "back up NASA", "Space Navy" or something along those lines. What happened to that orginization(s) funding?

Are you referring to the US Military space program? If so, it's not really possible to say if there budget has been affected. They tend to omit figures for classified programs in there budget information. They also sometimes go back and update prior years information as well. I don't think anyone here can accurately answer your question.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
With all the members on ATS, there are people in the know on here. It's on logical. I am not saying Ron Paul is on here, but as much as this site talks about him, I am sure someone in his office checks in on the posts. I am also sure the secret service is on here too. There are some crazy, angry people on here. Ever notice that the "best" posts are the ones written on fri or sat night. I would say almost any governement quesiton one has, one of the members of ATS knows the answer to it, but do they answer the question is the rub.

top topics

join