It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have 4 people watching me on Facebook, all employees of companies linked to US Defence, do you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I did a search and didnt get anything? I tried it lots of times too.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

The reason you guys have these 'people watching you' on facebook is because of all the applications you accepted on facebook. Every time you allow some stupid application like "Picture of the day" or something like that it gives all your information to whomever created the application.

And who created it? It could be anyone.

When I typed 'automatic lab' nothing came up, know why? Because I reject all those applications. I recommend you delete them all and get *some* privacy back.

Unless you don't value your privacy (or whats left of it), then just leave it be. Or delete your facebook account. It's up to you.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I tried it and nothing/no one came up....

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Comeon People, like HERE. It's plane text, readable for anyone. Agencies are monitoring the whole web... This is the point they can not handle a warning by phone - they are just distracted by pages like this or facebook.

So you can say summarized: they see all, but nothing....

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Okay this is REALLY weird... check this out.

I decided to type in "Automatic Lab" (uppercase first letters) and a guy I'm friends with named "Burak Demirel" came up.

See this here, and can someone tell me what language that is? Oh and look there's no info on the guy, literally nothing only comments and stuff in some language I don't know.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

It's turkish.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I posted this back on page two but I thought that I'd better repost so that people realised I wasn't trying to mislead them!

Haha, well folk I seem to have buggered up here!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a280968ef1a4.jpg[/atsimg]

Let me first start by saying I'm not too proud to admit when I'm wrong!

The search is just that, a search, I got it wildly wrong!

I was going to edit the OP but that would be bad form as it's kinda fun being proved wrong on ATS, especially when you come off as a paranoid freak!

Anyhow, I still do find it interesting that the term "Automatic Labs" does yield those results from those companies, but I must stand corrected, this isn't a list of nasty men trying to get me because I stumbled onto the truth!

Is there an ATS sanctuary where one can retreat to in quiet dignity to reflect on one's failure?

All the best ATS!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
reply to post by highlyoriginal

It's turkish.

Thanks cushycrux. What's weird is, I never added him. I only add people I have mutual friends with and only people who have 100+ mutual friends (which means I 99% of the time know them, and damn you don't realize how many people you know until you look at the suggestions box lol).

Originally posted by kiwifoot
Is there an ATS sanctuary where one can retreat to in quiet dignity to reflect on one's failure?

All the best ATS!

Yes, if you have access to R.A.T.S there is. I can't say anything else other than that though or I am breaking the T&C. Check for yourself.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You're enot the first person to go paranoid from too much ATS my friend. I too have found myself looking over my shoulder and creating rudimentary tin foil hats from time to time.

I would suggest you retreat from ALL news for a couple of days, here and MSM to remind yourself of what you KNOW to be real.

I generally tend to take weekends off before I get overloaded with conspiracy info and start seeing aliens in my coco pops

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Ditch your facebook and my space accounts if you want any privacy left, and do this now!!

OK! I'm going to chime in here with some things I first heard last year from some friends who works in the Telecom industry here in Scandinavia (Ericsson & Nokia) and it's old news now - sorry!

And this tech is not in anyway new and the technology are being used by the military, but the tech is now also available for civilian applications, so you can now explore yourself. But for people who didn't knew, this can maybe be interesting?

The next great applications for cell phones available are:

Augmented Reality with Face Recognition Algorithms & software.

TAT Augmented ID

This mean for an example:

Say that you are in a meeting and around the table there are 8-10 persons and you don't know who they are or their names.

Not anymore! with this new application you just brows the phone camera around the table and all their faces get stored in your phone.

Then you just check them out one by one in peace on your phone by clicking each face.

The software then check the Internet and data bases where photos are stored to see if there is a match.

And Voilà, the software found a match for six of the of the people in the meeting room. The software connects you to their social media sites and you get the name of each face in the room - that's the theory anyway!

Or let's say you wanna check out that beautiful woman who take the same commuter train as you each morning, but you are too nervous to go straight up to her and talk and make contact right now this moment?

No problem! you now have her social media sites stored in your cell phone, so later tomorrow you send her a nice well written message with your photo and a invitation to your own page on the same media site or any other place.

If she finds your well written message to be interesting and like your photo, maybe she's giving you an answer and take contact with you?

OK! sorry for the lame explainations and examples, but this is how it was explained to me one year ago
but you get the picture I hope!

TAT Augmented ID utilizes the clever Flickr face recognition tech from the guys at Polar Rose to recognize a face and surround them with their social networking profiles from sites like Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm.

www.polarrose.com...
info.polarrose.com...

Ahh! and I found a video from 'Polar Rose' in Sweden about TAT Augmented ID

MAR & Social Media Integration

This stuff is quite cool but one thing is very clear, with this new tech's it's goodbye to privacy forever I think!?

This is a few other current examples with these new Augmented Reality applications. Maybe someone is interested and haven't seen this new tech before? "the older people"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da08e641ecb0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e9c0057303c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb7502bf5285.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38bf21634573.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7456107f4e9.jpg[/atsimg]

iPhone icar Remote APP

Live Twitter Feed on an Augmented Reality Building

Transparent wall - The Carnegie Mellon team, lead by Yaser Sheikh, thinks that the system could be easily implemented by tapping into the CCTV camera networks available in most major cities.

Zugara's Augmented Reality & Motion Capture Shopping App

Layar, worlds first mobile Augmented Reality browser

Augmented Reality Sightseeing

techpp.com...
www.iphoneness.com...
mashable.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

There were 3 people on mine. One was from Agilent Technology.

# John Rasper (Agilent Technologies) (remove)
# Tom Gibson (remove)
# Donald A. Barnes (remove)

Wow, OP thanks for this. I always knew Facebook was a datamine.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
Okay this is REALLY weird... check this out.

I decided to type in "Automatic Lab" (uppercase first letters) and a guy I'm friends with named "Burak Demirel" came up.

See this here, and can someone tell me what language that is? Oh and look there's no info on the guy, literally nothing only comments and stuff in some language I don't know.

That would be Turkish I think, as in the launguage of Turkey

But I think he's friends could be Christian Assyrian people because one had written: Syrian Orthodox Church and Syriac Youth on his page - these people come from the border areas of Turkey & Syria, they can speak Turkish as well!

EDIT: I just saw that someone else had answered the question - I missed that - sorry!

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
There are allot of folks who work for companies that have DOD contracts. I don't think you have to worry. When people in black trench coats come to your door or a helicopter lands in your yard and Delta Force is present then it's time to worry. First of all the CIA not going to come after you for subscribing to ATS most of us are not as important as we think. I don't know you and would think the only reason to worry would be if your a corporate spy or are involved in intelligence activities.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There are so many paranoid idiots on this website. They are not watching you. You searched for them with data that appears on their account. Thats why everybody gets the same 4 people. Dont you think the government would have a bit more sophicated ways of tracking internet communications than creating a rather obvious facebook profile and checking your mundane statuses every now and then. Sometimes I just want to smack my head through the computer screen when I see the level of stupidity in some of these forums. You cant fart without it being a conspiracy anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I wonder if it would be possible to check this Rasper guy out with a private investigator. If you know where these guys work I don't think it would be too hard to find anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

I just wanted to say that I agree with what you say. This business of imaginary self importance is hilarious. Paranoia is rampant: what a waste of time. Oh well...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

Exactly. Its so cringeworthy reading through some of the posts here. Glad to see Im not the only one who sees it this way.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I typed in "bull----", and I got back tons of it!

I know............... I'm having a little too much fun with this.

I'll stop.

~ Zeus

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zara_bow

Are you using quotation marks?

~ Zeus

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
sad that people dont even know how facebook works

searching in the block list for a name DOES NOT MEAN they even look or seen or know or anything about you.

All the search is doing is finding anyone with similar names in their info.

it would be like someone posting on here

"Hey search google for fbi if you get any results that means they are monitoring your computer right now! TURN PC OFF!"

learn how the internets work before posting false info

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join