It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implants and Inflatables!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Okay, I know I might get flamed quite a bit for this thread and some people might find it innapropiate.

But sometimes the difficult things to say are the most important.

I just want to say a story before I write the topic of the thread.
In english class once when I was in grade school our teacher was sick and a subsitute teacher replaced him for 2 weeks or so. The teacher was horrible and never answered questions and was impeding our learning process.
When the teacher came back from his sick leave we told him that the substitute teacher wasn't a good one. He said: "oh don't say that, that's not nice".
So us being nice was more important than our education?
Sometimes you got to say the hard things.

Okay, so now to the point of this thread, inflatables and implants.

I'm very sorry in advance if anyone gets offended by this thread, I am a conservative person fyi.

More and more women are getting breast implants, many celebrities even get implants for their 'bottoms', and collagen for their lips. Many of them might be smart women too, sure, but many aren't so smart at all.

If if someone gets implants all over her body and isn't the brightest tool in the box, then how different is this person from an inflatable sex toy?

Honestly, perhaps i'm just thinking out loud right now but I think it deserves a good discussion. People are losing their humanity more and more with every passing day, it's a sad sight to see.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
No offense, but I fail to see the correlation between intelligence and vanity. What does one have to do with the other?

On a similar note, men also have cosmetic surgery to enhance their looks and/or self-esteem. Nose jobs, liposuction, body sculpting, etc.

Surely you're not being gender-biased are you?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Those who uphold "education" as an option to authority (authority = strong leadership toward effective self-beneficial goals; control = use of others toward a goal that benefits controllers and is rarely shared with those controlled) are most commonly using it as an excuse to avoid direct action, much as others use conspiracy thinking or a belief in their own inefficacy as a means to shrug off responsibility. Responsibility comes from the awareness that we can make things better, and many prefer to use such run-arounds to avoid feeling obligations or a sense of a better future, because that requires work and risk and to the underconfident, nothing is more fearful.

The only explanation for the emergence of such a mentality can be the growing dissatisfaction with our daily experiences, our disillusionment to what life just might have to offer (if only you'd reach out and take it!), and the inability to face such issues. By no means must this be the case! The first step is to remove distractions, or remove oneself from distraction. Turn off your television, or excuse yourself from the conversation you are currently having. Go to a quiet, secluded place, preferably a natural setting. Consider yourself. Consider everything until you can do so without being overwhelmed.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
No offense, but I fail to see the correlation between intelligence and vanity. What does one have to do with the other?

It's not that one leads to the other
it's more that both together in a person can be comparable to an inflatable.

Originally posted by maria_stardust
On a similar note, men also have cosmetic surgery to enhance their looks and/or self-esteem. Nose jobs, liposuction, body sculpting, etc.

Surely you're not being gender-biased are you?

I am against liposuction, but it doesn't leave sillicone or plastic behind, or collagen. Neither does cosmetic surgery.

I assume that a nose job would though.

I am not being gender biased as such, the only reason why I said "her" is because i've never heard of a woman with an inflatable man

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have to say the older I get, the smarter the woman I want.

The Mod mentioning vanity hits one of the problems of the slice and dice mentality. They see the people on MSM and want to emulate it because that is what they think people want.

Give me a woman that intrigues my mind and bambi dumb dumb would not get a first glance.

It may be just me, but I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I hate fake boobs.

I really really hate fake boobs.

Doesn't anyone like variety of shapes, sizes, etc anymore?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
One could make the case that anything beyond being nude and without makeup is unnatural, yet people put clothes on and paint their faces.
People trim and shave body hair for visually pleasing effects, they pluck eyebrows, nosehairs, earhair, etc.

Vanity is as old as the race and getting implants to have a more shapely appearance is just another step in the neverending walk towards self satisfaction. Morons do this along with geniuses (excpet einstein...seriously...someone could have given him a hairbrush).

There are biological aspects of why we do what we do...all of these vanity aspects are simply stemming off our most primitive nature...to mate.

I appreciate a nicely formed body (natural or not) like anyone else, however what truely "gets me" is who the person is and what happens after the visual stimulation is no longer novel...beauty grabs, personality holds. With the internet age, people are becoming less and less picky about beauty as its now common to learn about a person before they even see them to begin with...allowing for a more forgiving mindset for the person's appearance..but that doesn't mean it will ever be extinguished.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
S & F

I feel these are valid topics for discussion, too

And it brings to mind Audrey Hepburn, aged in her 60s, who said she'd never suffered a shortage of male admirers, despite having virtually no curves at all

I'm of two minds re: the inflatables. Sure, many women crave attention or want to conform or suffer from inferiority complex ... and thus opt for breast and other implants, have the cosmetic surgery, etc.

So, on the surface, it could appear they are slaves to fashion and/or want to gain the competitive edge re: attractiveness in a male-dominated society, etc

What we often see, though, are women such as Pamela Anderson Lee and her ilk who, via patently obvious fake breasts, manipulate and control men at the same time they eliminate female competition

In fact, it's been my observation that women who opt for implants in particular, often have a very masculine manner and attitude, disguised behind those massive breasts and vagina-type, plumped up mouths. They're more like drag-queens

Similarly, males who opt to have prosthetic muscles inserted into their bodies most probably seek to attract males, rather than females ... even though they're not always conscious of that

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As much as most of us do not want to admit it, the fact is that our society rewards "beauty" with the best jobs, opportunities, money, etc....... and everyone knows it.

Therefore people just do what they think will make them more appealing.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Yes .. what they think will make them more appealing

Even though it doesn't necessarily render them appealing

Take a look on the 'The Superficial' website. Or 'Awful Plastic Surgery'. Feminising male face-lifts. Acres of breasts so false that you find yourself laughing before quickly becoming bored. Ridiculously tiny, pointed noses. And huge inflated lips that could be used as kiddies' swimming-pool life-preservers

Then we cross to British tv and movie stars to see character, personality along with the less than perfect features and wrinkles

It's actually refreshing these days to meet people who aren't trying to be someone else, who took the trouble to develop a well-rounded personality, skills and talents, to compensate for their perceived physical imperfections

Personality and character are for life. They're still there even if the person loses their face or a limb or their fortune

Those who rely on artificially enhanced appearance to get them through are about as interesting as a furniture showroom filled with fake-leather, mass-produced sofas

new topics

top topics

join