It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lingerie line for kids to be launched

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by americandingbat

No, it is an invitation from the bigname designer Fred ? an OOh lala. It is advertising the Premier Launch Party of this children's lingerie line for the Hollywood sleaze to come to.

A link might be helpful since I'm obviously not finding what you're talking about.

edit: nevermind, I guess I finally found it. On Emily's official site, www.emilygracereeves.com, not Ooh La La Couture, but they did give the link to her official site. However, that's now been marked private by youtube too, so I got there too late to know what you're on about.

[edit on 2/3/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Adam West

Why the hell should little girls be wearing lingerie ?

Again....lingerie = underwear. Nothing more, nothing less. Are you suggesting the little girls should go around without underwear?

"Sexy lingerie" is.....well.....sexy. Regular lingerie is...... you guessed it..regular.

Nowhere is she marketing sexy lingerie. The pictures are not lingerie. The pictures are from costumes and from a "clothing line."

Sometimes I wonder if people don't know how to read, or if they just refuse to do it?

So, all you conservative types are hooping and hollering that little girls should go commando? Have you seen the "clothing" that is not marketed by Noah Cyrus, and that is already being worn in schools and churches? Are you suggesting that they should not have undergarments beneath their revealing outfits?

This whole argument is making my head spin! Let's reiterate. Young Ms. Cyrus is not selling any type of lingerie, and especially not sexy lingerie for children! The "bad guy" in this regard is the author of the article that created a call to arms for something that does not exist and then took unrelated photos out of context to support the outrageous claim, and then a bunch of us started arguing the finer points of a situation that was fictitious from the start, and it mostly boils down to semantics, because Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Gap, and Good Will already sell kids undergarments, aka lingerie!!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
Wow, that little pink dress leaves NOTHING to the imagination. Ugh, I'm scared to find out if I'm having a girl a few ultrasounds from now. I thought I couldn't keep up with the "fashion" of the time when I was growing up! It might not be ACTUAL lingerie now, but just give it time. They'll just keep pushing it and pushing it until it actually is lingerie.

Mothers who want to be the "cool moms" will by this for their girls and they'll use the words "oh, they just like dressing up like then their older!" Then they'll wonder why their daughter is pregnant at 15. Maybe that's a little extreme but I mean, come on!

Statistics will show you that the last statement you made is not extreme at all...

It has become the norm...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Stripper poles are like cops, there's never one around when you really need one:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Stripper poles are like cops, there's never one around when you really need one:

I think someone needs to smack that with a big paddle with lots of holes in it.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Good God, that kid is completely warped (mind-controlled....conditioned....whatever)!

That's disturbing beyond words.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

its not disturbing, it is a beginning of something way more than that.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Another thing.... Did you notice how the "Adults" cheered?

I mean really?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
One has to wonder where our society is headed, but does anyone really care. If you think the article the OP posted was disturbing, then the link below is even worse. What makes children behave this way. How can anyone deny that chidlren today are being sexualised. Irresponsible parents, celebs, the internet and TV are the biggest culprits.

THE Queensland Government wants to hear of any sex-related incidents at state primary schools, after revelations of a "sex club" run by six-year-old boys.

www.news.com.au...

andrewbartlett.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 3-2-2010 by kindred]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Lingere is for adults...period.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
yeah lets just give the pedo's out there more insentive to sexually abuse kids..!! This is sooooo wrong...!!

WTF is wrong with this family... encouraging their kids to do these things..!! what kind of parent lets their 9yo not only dress like a whore but also lets them design a whole range of whore clothing for other kids to wear...?!

im sickened by this....!!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

erm Internet????

one thing that a child has to grow its own opinion is now sex related and bad?
i say schools have a prime responsibility in educating in Internet, against some useless classes learned still, and today.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The parents should be charged for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Throw the book at 'em

If anyone who saw the pix of the "clothing" line doesn't see any thing wrong with it, you're part of the problem.

This is Roman Polanski's wet dream

Sick, sick,sick,sick,sick,sick,sick,

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by TheRepublic
i wonder how long till they start making lingerie for babies?

This is not lingerie. As Crakeur stated, the news story used that word to get people's interest. And man! Did it work!

This line is for newborn to 14-year-olds.

Originally posted by boaby_phet
i had spiderman pants when i was a wee boy, does that make marvel a bunch of peados?

Great analogy. I wore some pretty crazy things as a child, too, trying to be more grown up. Kids have been doing it forever.

I'm still looking for clothing in this line that's actually sexually suggestive.

Whats your take on the OP's link? Full make up, platform kneehigh boots, a STRIPPER POLE? Not a good image reguardless of what the dresses look like.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

There is a whole lot of conspiracy theory that fits nicely with your comment and I for one wouldn't dream of denying the continuing sexualisation of the younger generation.

[tinfoil hat]
I won't go into it but Aldous Huxley did and it relates to breaking the family unit, making personal loving relationships more alien, encouraging people to have less children and getting more people working at an earlier age to pay more income and consumer tax.
[/tinfoil hat]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Lingerie line for kids ........ it's the deepest down we're heading for if this continues ....

wont take too much time or they make s*x out of a todler

WHERE for G's sake is this world heading to?

[edit on 2/3/2010 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Most single families are headed by a female.

Who lives in poverty.

And therefore, shops at second hand stores and the discount mart.

Which means she cannot afford this type of clothing that you are screaming about in your "common sense."

Try again.

Originally posted by factbeforefiction

Originally posted by Aeons
I gave you stats and you give out aggressive emotive mysogyny.

I understand that you think this is an excellent replacement for thought.

If you want to claim you are giving out stats then find the stat on how many of the single parent households are headed by a Mother? You won't because you know what I say is common knowledge and it would prove my point.

As for being anti-woman that's absolutely ridicules, I love women. My argument was squarely directed at women who are low class trashy whores. Now if you want to paint all women as that, than you are the one being misogynistic, I very clearly stated the qualifications for the women that I am speaking about.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A jean skirt that comes to your knees and it poofy and lacy.

Yes, in little girl world that is a cute skirt.

Originally posted by factbeforefiction

Originally posted by Aeons
Yep. And girls like nice clothes and ask their parents for them.

Its AMAZING.

You seem to be confused, this thread is not about nice clothes, at least not in the opinion of most of the people posting. In fact I think you are the only person so far who has described these clothes as being "Nice" and I think that says a ton about your opinion.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Well first of all it says in the article and I quote:

"She is collaborating with Ooh! La, La! Couture designers to create versatile styles that can be worn with sweet ballerina slippers, funky sneakers or paired with lace stockings and boots for more of a rock and roll look."

So basically the collection isn't out yet. It states she is teaming up with the company to develop the line.

2nd. We can guess what the line will look like. If it is anything resembling her fashion sense then......

Well...
Would you let your 9 year old girl dress like this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c562b7bf30b.jpg[/atsimg]

God knows I wouldn't........ There would be hell to pay!

THAT'S what I'm afraid of!!!!

But sadly it seems in a short while girls of all ages will dress that way.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Remember todays' market isn't based on the principle of if the public wants something the company produces it, it's based on how much the company in their sales pitch make it diserable to us the public, making us think we actually need or want it. So in a sense economy isn't based on supply and demand it is based on how much want the can throw in to the supply.

If this pitch actually works, theres' some sick sick mentality going around parents and the teens them selves.
Now let me go to the bathroom and vomit.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join