It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prairie dog may have most advanced animal language

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Why diden't I see this coming? The BBC science page reports the prairie dog, or as we say in Minnestota, (and Bill Murry said in caddy shack) gophers, may have a more complex, or at least more detailed language then apes or even dolphins. There going to have to prove that... Any way it's kind of interesting.

www.bbc.com

www.ethiopianreview.com...

[edit on 4-2-2010 by asala]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Could we please get a working link...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Could we please get a working link...

For some reason, I can't patch it in. You can use google and go directly there. Sorry...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have added a link in to your OP for you

Not only do they live in highly organised “towns” of hundreds of individuals, but they also have to compete with squatters, such as cottontail rabbits, rattlesnakes, tarantulas, burrowing owls, badgers and swift foxes, that often move into their burrows.

“Prairie dogs, talk of the town,” will be broadcast as part of the Natural World documentary series at 20.00GMT on Wednesday 3 February on BBC Two.

Very interesting and i may just have to tune in to watch that,
Its seems that lately we are getting many of these stories,
I do wonder if we are at the beginning of some changes do to with animals shortly,

I always have believed that we have to look at Animals to gain a little more knowledge about us humans.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thanks for the help!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
They are funny. I remember a trip out west and learnign that they can be quite the nuisance. A colony got so big that it overtook a high school football field, they had to move the team somewhere else, but they even ran under the parking lots and had holes in the islands in the parking lots.

Thought I don't think they are smarter then dolphins, but I think they have a pretty decent warning system.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
Why diden't I see this coming? The BBC science page reports the prairie dog, or as we say in Minnestota, (and Bill Murry said in caddy shack) gophers, may have a more complex, or at least more detailed language then apes or even dolphins. There going to have to prove that... Any way it's kind of interesting.

www.bbc.com

www.ethiopianreview.com...

[edit on 4-2-2010 by asaa]

When I was a teenager I lived on a spit of land (Minnesota) that was right . Let me tell you I spent a lot of time getting to know the local wildlife. The critters got so deep and seem to have a complex serious attention span in the U.S.A

new topics

top topics

join