It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Drones Said to Strike Along Border in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

U.S. Drones Said to Strike Along Border in Pakistan

www.nytimes.com

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — In another exceptionally heavy barrage, eight American drones fired at least 17 missiles at suspected militants along the border with Afghanistan on Tuesday, Pakistani security officials and residents said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

China mulls setting up military base in Pakistan

BEIJING: China has signaled it wants to go the US way and set up military bases in overseas locations that would possibly include Pakistan. The obvious purpose would be to exert pressure on India as well as counter US influence in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Source

Such events happen so regularly that I'm starting to think we are not just at war in Afghanistan but also in Pakistan. Pakistan is a mess and most of the Taliban scum cross the Afghan border from there. It seems that their government is too afraid to actively stop this, which is why I believe we cannot win this war. If you can imagine how unstable Pakistan is and to what extent this affects the situation in Afghanistan, you'll understand that Pakistan needs to be ''cleaned'' too, in order to win this war. I simply don't believe that the Afghan puppet regime is capable of growing an army strong enough to keep the country stabilized.

China has long sided with Pakistan as they both consider India as a mutual enemy, which makes their proposal for a Chinese base on Pakistani soil not all that surprising.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
We have been in Pakistan blowing stuff and people up for years now. Our troops who are sent are not permitted to disclose they were there and have to sign confidentiality paper work. I even know of someone who was in Pakistan suffered some serious trauma but can't get help from the VA now because there is no paper trail of him being over their. This is a dirty war the CIA has got us stuck in.

new topics

join