It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS full of government agents posting stuff?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.” — Hanlon's Razor

Not to say that there aren't Government agents here purposely misleading and misinforming people, but let's not ascribe every blatantly misinformed post, every thread derailing attempt or every troll to the work of Government agents and disinformation artists.

There's ignorant, misinformed and brainwashed people everywhere. Including, yes, ATS.

Oh, and there's a lot of people that simply disagree with you. Accept it because that's not going to change.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by converge]

I think you have approached this issue in an extremely balanced fashion. It is easy to see conspiracy in things you disagree with, but to see conspiracy within the things you agree with, that is the true challenge! Only when we are able to take a step back and seperate our emotions from a given investigation, can we gaze upon a truth, or true form as Plato called it!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
There was one fella posting here for a while who many of us are sure was an Iranian government disinfo agent. Actually, I think it was an account used by multiple people over there in the Iranian gov't .. probably agents in training .. learning how to propaganda 'the enemy'. That person 'signed off' a few weeks ago ... said he was 'moving on' .... actually, I'm thinking that since he(THEY) did such a poor job hiding the fact that they were agents and lots of folks here called him (THEM) out on it, they gave up and transfered the guys elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

There's more of an emphasis on creating shock value thread titles and getting those points. stars, flags, whatever - then actually exchanging ideas and alternative news stories.

Pity.

Just look at the crap on YouTube

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I encourage CIA and FBI posts, there is no faster way to the Truth!

Simply the Opposite of whatever they say, Must be TRUE!!

In all seriousness,

The Government already has a disinformation program, the most successful in human history. It's simply called Mass Media.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
is this thread still open?? testing

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crusaderiam

This is nothing new and this is not the first thread I have seen but the answer is sadly......YES.

Look back at the health care debate and the anti-gun debate and look at all the new posters driving home the PTB talking points. Progressives will stop at nothing to push the agenda of fear and control. Also the middle east threads are filled with both sides playing a pointless game back and forth.

I believe even some of the better known posters here on ATS are actually getting paid to post here.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

And just exactly how is this a truther issue?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those are the types of posts he is talking about.

No question answered pertaining to the post.

To the op I to sometimes wonder the same thing.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You can spot the disinfo agents a mile off. They're the ones posting stories from RT (anti-American government-owned Russian propaganda channel, run by the Kremlin) and Press TV (anti-American government-owned Iranian propaganda channel, run by the IRIB).

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I encourage CIA and FBI posts, there is no faster way to the Truth!

Simply the Opposite of whatever they say, Must be TRUE!!

In all seriousness,

The Government already has a disinformation program, the most successful in human history. It's simply called Mass Media.

Indeed!

When you think about it, the single biggest obstacle to getting people to open their minds a little bit is the television. It's crazy how much power the TV has.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
You can spot the disinfo agents a mile off. They're the ones posting stories from RT (anti-American government-owned Russian propaganda channel, run by the Kremlin) and Press TV (anti-American government-owned Iranian propaganda channel, run by the IRIB).

anyone who's posted a CNN or MSNBC video is a pro-american government propagandist?

CBC news? CANADIAN PROPAGANDIST

youtube videos? MEATHEAD PROPAGANDISTS!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Now that I read through all this, yes. I'm going to dig this up because I have been accused of being a government agent. If you care to see the context of the accusation: www.abovetopsecret.com...

On the positive side of this topic, I'm glad I ran across this:

originally posted by: converge
...many people here when faced with someone presenting a different opinion or perspective, unfortunately, ascribe nefarious or secretive purposes and reasons to those positions presented by others—i.e. they're Government agents. Thinking that people defending a certain position can only be explained by them being Government agents is not only unrealistic, but intellectually dishonest.

You can't ignore the most plausible explanations and immediately jump to the conclusion that they are Government agents. People might defend a certain position because they are ignorant about it or misinformed, or they simply have researched the same things you have but reached a different conclusion.

I ran across the concern outside the forum that this website is actually being run by a government agency masquerading as a private company, but I won't post the link because it might be considered not in the best interest of the website if it's being run by a government agency.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I don't know how efficient or productive it would be to post disinformation on a fringe site filled with so many skeptics (on both sides of the coin) and debunkers. If I were a disinformation agent, I'd go after something like Huntington Post.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I believe, basing to my experiences in other forums, that there are junior officers "training" in the forum. These guys need some real practice to succeed in hostile intercourse. The clumsy ones get quickly hammered in a crash course of reality, while talent will show competence. What better way to separate gems?

How to detect gov-oriented writer?

Usually there is minimal personal vibe, character or charisma in writing style. That is evidence of hiding the self. You may get puzzled: is this person maybe mentally challenged or what?
That's one sign. You must now put him to the test: force to surface his authoritative beliefs, introduce some fear of him getting exposed after a wrongly placed surprise reply, and there will be another sign. That nickname will disappear, never to be found.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: crusaderiam

More than likely, yes. Seeing the sheer idiocy that many posters here exhibit, it harks back to the idiocy of the U.S. government.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Is ATS full of government agents posting stuff?

My contract expired some time ago, I've been freelance for the past few years.

I miss the 'Company' Xmas parties though.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Why would Big Brother have to expend resources muddying waters that were muddy to begin with? We have members with a myriad of often conflicting, sometimes out there ideas who are usually set firmly in their beliefs and will argue until their keyboards melt - back and forth.

No real need to hire somebody to spread chaos where chaos naturally exists.

Having said that, the Government is not known for their intelligence so they might well pay people to sling mud in a mud pit - just to justify some budget or keep some agency alive and kicking.

Now if you ask me if I think they watch us and what we post? That's entirely different subject altogether.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
yes of course 'the government' is posting on this website, a few other conspiracy sites, and various other fringe sites, what better way to reach the people with topics that need attention, change or action. The newsmedia is also using these sites to present the news and latest disaster concerns. there is a lot to learn on sites like this one.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Most active online forums have active 'agents' spreading propaganda and will attempt to debunk those who are those of us who are not 'with the program.' I do believe most of the propaganda posted is from big industry shills, not government agents and there are many who just simply parrot the MSM talking points and will unknowingly cheerlead for the party they align themselves with.

I know of several forums that essentially became honey traps for LEOs, they still like to use craigslist for all kinds of stings. Facebook and online dating is another hot spot for government/industry agents. I could probably guess who has the fishy profiles of a site like PoF.

Just my .02 based on what I've seen and my perception is far from perfect.

edit on 14-10-2014 by jrod because: v

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Let's wake up. These are defence industry sub-contract companies and their informants doing it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crusaderiam

Does the US have paid posters pushing propaganda? Yes. They are not as organized as other countries like Russia and China.

Remember back before the health care passed.......So many new posters that never posted again. All saying the same talking points. They post in forums and comment sections across the web.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join