Is ATS full of government agents posting stuff?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Oops, wrong thread! Sorry.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Is this why you believe we should not be able to have free speech anymore? That someone will decide to fabricate all sorts of things about you? Is this what they are doing to some of our supposedly elected officials?

So they have in turn enlightened you to the fact that if someone can do it to them, they could in turn do it to anyone. Even you. You must ask yourself, do you really care if you know they are false and can be proven false?

Or would you be more inclined, if even the smallest one was remotely true, to get rid of it all and ban such activity. So as to never let it be known again. You and I are protected from such stuff as this by slander laws and what not. Which leads me to think about why they wouldn't address some of this stuff openly.

Your right, I don't get what you are peddling.

I read through messages very quickly so forgive me if I miss any salient points you make.

I really am not paranoid or give a damn about what people have to say. I am concerned that kids, the culturally unaware, the not too bright, are coming across designedly false information that is more accessible and prominent - and accepting it as fact.

I already mentioned the kid on ATS who says he Googled "Holocaust" and came up with pages of Holocaust Denial sites and videos, so is inclined to believe it's true.

The nature of information unfortunately. There aren't hundreds of historians and scholars setting up sites with screaming banners saying "The Holocaust Really Happened."

Just as there aren't sites dedicated to proving laetrile or something found in peach pits cures cancer.

Most people are unsophisticated in research and tend to accept whatever's put in front of them, especially if it has charts and graphs and some credentialed person attaches their name. We see this with Truthers who get excited because some whore failed professional tells them what they want to hear.

I will not present a solution to how the Internet achieves a better balance and representation of information and opinion. Right now it's a giant book store where everything is just unloaded off trucks and thrown onto a pile on the floor. Unless there's some name or publication branded recognition factor, you can't gauge the credibility of the first book you pick up off the top of the pile.

This does not bode well for kids doing basic school work or people doing research on selected topics.

My Attention Deficit Disorder just kicked - so I'll stop here.

Hope some of this resonates and doesn't just come off as being pro-censorship.

M

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here we go

Another pagan hating Christian

You're just as bad as the people you claim to be spreading the bad stuff about jews and christians

Hypocritical

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I really am not paranoid or give a damn about what people have to say. I am concerned that kids, the culturally unaware, the not too bright, are coming across designedly false information that is more accessible and prominent - and accepting it as fact.

Yes, the not too bright. The culturally UNAWARE. That is who the Government is looking out for when they censor every free thought of its citizens. Oh and the children as you have pointed out. I guess the parents role in teaching their children has been given to government regulation in your view, because obviously they know better. We can't have those know nothing parents explain what is fact and what is fiction because they are in the category of the UNAWARE.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't say full of agents, but I would think yes they are watching and a few are posting,

Sometimes, even with well researched truths presented, the trolls come out of the woodwork to vilify the topic and the OP,

To me this is the attempt to deflect from a topic and poster they want to silence,

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

[edit on 2/4/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Such it the barometer of the majority of its inhabitants. The variety and various opinions here are entered from a global framework dont forget. This is not a unique to the US website, thank goodness for that.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crusaderiam

While I applaud your attempt at what you see as a good thread there are many views.

Truth is subjective to perspective based on life experience, education level, and facts.

Truth : The First Victim, The Last to Be Un-Buried, Never to Rest...

If you actually think you are seeing people posting as Government Agents...

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

Many people have asked similar questions here on ATS either serious or in jest...

Are You The Victim of An Agent Provocateur, On ATS?

Maybe you should be saying something like this instead...

I Am Not An Anarchist, Nor A Traitor To My Country...

Or you could possibly ask something like this...

Philosophical Discussion : What If Next Time You Clicked "Post New Topic" Made You A Terrorist?

Or do you think everyone thinks everyone else is practicing this...

Philsophical Discussion : Freedom of Speech vs Treasonous Actions On ATS...

Really now if you're not writing something like this you have nothing to worry about...

How To Overthrow Your Own Government, Legally and Without Violence, In Order To Survive

Truth, is based upon nothing more than perpective, through subjective means.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

That is who the Government is looking out for when they censor every free thought of its citizens.

Well when someone decides they don't like you and starts making stuff up on your personal life, sexual preferences, illegal activities, addictions, and putting in online - they can quote you.

It's the "free thought of a citizen."

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

That is who the Government is looking out for when they censor every free thought of its citizens.

Well when someone decides they don't like you and starts making stuff up on your personal life, sexual preferences, illegal activities, addictions, and putting in online - they can quote you.

It's the "free thought of a citizen."

Addictions Michael really? I am so surprised you would admit to those here on line.

Go ahead get them off your chest, we are all here for you, remember take things one day at a time.

However Jackflap is quite correct.

People all people should be exposed to as much information as possible so that they can learn from it for themselves even as they learn of it.

People have free will and that includes the right to reject information that may or may not be truthful as well as to accept information that may or may not be truthful.

It is simply wishful thinking and foolish thinking not to mention just plain wrong thinking that there is a way to overcome free will by limiting the information that people have access to or dictating to them highly subjective truths.

Once again I am so sorry someone put your sexual preferences, illegal activities and addictions online!

You really must learn to be more discreet Michael!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hmm... Well, I can honestly say I have never seen a single shred of evidence that there are any government agents posting here... At least not for the purpose of posting dis info...

I imagine that we do have members who work for the government at one level or another... but I highly doubt there are any on here as paid dis-info agents....

I have no reason to suspect that either.

Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Well when someone decides they don't like you and starts making stuff up on your personal life, sexual preferences, illegal activities, addictions, and putting in online - they can quote you. It's the "free thought of a citizen."

With this I can only guess where you are going. Do I care about the what the free thought of a citizen is? Are you afraid that someone will post all of your indiscretions online? This is how you justify squelching free thought and expression?

Sunstein by the way would like to make it possible for animals to be able to file lawsuits. Do you think there is a way for them to scare you into accepting this as well? I believe they can make you accept anything they want you to.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Here here
I think that those who are so quick to name call must have delusions of grandeur to think they are such a threat that 'agents' would be engaged to create 'disinfo'. The funniest thing is that 'disinfo', if it exists, is just as likely to come from those putting forward the extreme theories. What better way to undermine a site eh?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by unicorn1]

"PR Firms" are hiring lots of work-at-home types these days...to post and handle PR problems for major corporations... I know this as fact through folks I know who work this way... Is it so difficult to imagine that certain alphabet soup agencies or even a cult with a reputation for having a better intelligence agency than the FBI...would have folks online 24/7, posting under multiple nicks, assigned to various chatboards, running from computer to computer, in order to quash information that may damage their interests or those of the federalists in Washington DC? - or their bosses.. ??

Is it so difficult to imagine that good topics that might damage the Federalist Fascist State appear to scroll off the recent post lists with abnormal velocity???

Or that dumber than a stone type threads would get so many similar (dumber-than-a-stone) replies.. to keep them on the topic lists?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by seataka]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
or maybe we are the set of most intelligent people who have found our way through the maze of confusion. We have reached this point and amongst ourselves we are trying to create the realty for the others.

We are here because we are eccentric in our thinking and outside the box. We don't have the answers and no one is helping us, or maybe they are - and we just don't know who is telling us the truth. I bet it is right here on this web site.

We are all trying our best, we are all opinionated, there will be chaos at first but we will all arrive at the truth.

Lies will not last long here.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

With this I can only guess where you are going. Do I care about the what the free thought of a citizen is? Are you afraid that someone will post all of your indiscretions online? This is how you justify squelching free thought and expression?

Sunstein by the way would like to make it possible for animals to be able to file lawsuits. Do you think there is a way for them to scare you into accepting this as well? I believe they can make you accept anything they want you to.

Maybe we should end this discussion here. Some reading comprehension problems.

I don't know or care about Sunstein. A high profile fruitcake academic with some wonky ideas.

But the Internet is threatening to turn into a Pandora's Box of legal issues that may incline providers to become censors themselves if some kind of parameters are not in place.

If there is absolutely no control on what is anonymously posted on the Internet then anyone can call you, me or someone else a child molester, put up phony documentation, faked photographs.

I can set up and promote a hate site on any target and claim it's covered under my right of Free Speech. A crooked company can put their honest competitors out of business by claiming they are fraudulent. Dishonest politicians with backing can get into office discrediting their more worth opponents.

There is a line that that has to be drawn. Because there are no activated controls does not mean a state of total anarchy where anyone put up anything. Otherwise you'd have Hit Contracts posted and people's banking information available for perusal. There is such a thing as privacy, there is enforceable anti-defamation legislation. One cannot just decide to destroy someone's life and post false information about them on the Internet. One should not be able to maliciously destroy institutions, industries, governments - in the name of Freedom of Expression.

Your right to swing a punch ends before my nose.

The Internet evolved way too quickly for it to develop it's own code of ethics and legalities.

If it isn't done soon there will be legal issues and costs that will force service providers to monitor their clients and pass on the costs of this and added insurance against lawsuits.

No form of controls, no more free Internet.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
[edit on 3-2-2010 by seataka]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Just ask John Lear, he knows and has the answers!

Second useless line.

Oh, you thought I was kidding. N/M

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
there will be chaos at first but we will all arrive at the truth.

Lies will not last long here.

"Im sorry but your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check your intelligence and try again."

America (and the world) is based on lies. Its why the rich get richer and you get poorer. Look at the Federal Reserve for example and lets say there are only 3 people. You, I and the Federal reserve. I need $100.00 to start a business. The Federal Reserve loans it to me, but expects $110.00 in return. You do the same. Now there is $220.00 out there, but only $200.00 has been loaned. Where does the extra $20.00 come from? It comes from either none of us ever paying our loan off in full, or one of us ripping the other off, thus eliminating any chance for the other to ever pay off their debt.

So I get you to buy $10 of my product off me (which cost me nothing). I now have $110.00 and you have $90.00. I can now repay my loan and have exactly what I started with, which is zero. However, you now do not have enough to pay back your loan. You will never have enough. In esscence, im broke and you are in debt.

Seem stupid and pointless to you? Welcome to the Federal Reserve. It relies on you being stupid, and someone exploiting you.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think most of those relying on ATs for their social needs and information are deluded.ATS according to statistics don't have that many visitors and if you could look the same people are posting on here constantly.

Daily visits are less than a thousand.That is from a Global community of millions.

I just think ATS has seen the glory days and has realized that the internet is very fickle.

The government does not spend time checking conspiracy sites.They have programs designed to do that.

I think the drop in visitor's to this site and users of it is a reflection of the global economy.There was a lot of white collar speople bored sitting at their desk all day checking the site.

They are all either looking for other work or seriously doing their job worried they may be the next one outsourced to China and India.

Those disagreeing and posting inaccurate information are mostly bored students.

Not very good sources of information.

Check out the statistics.

Ats user statistics

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join